From permanently suspended to reinstated!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 09-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 73%
Default From permanently suspended to reinstated!!!

I would like to share my story on how my Amazon selling privileges got permanently removed and then restored.

What happened:

I sold an iPad 3 on behalf for a friend and as soon as it sold, my account was hit with a 30 day review. My friend needed the funds within 20 days so he requested that I cancel the order so I confirmed dispatch and then refunded the buyer so it would not hurt my cancel rate performance. I then had to deal with the angry buyer via email, I apologised to him and explained the situation, he did not really care and called me a time waster. Since that email, I have not heard from him again and he has not left negative feedback yet. Communication to the buyer was through Amazon's messaging platform. So 30 days pass and I receive this dreaded email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon Seller Performance
Greetings from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know we have removed your selling privileges, canceled your listings, and placed a temporary hold on any funds in your Amazon.co.uk seller account. Any new selling accounts you open will be closed.

We took this action because you have violated our policies by failing to follow through on your orders for Amazon buyers.

For information on this policy, search on “Policies and Agreements” in seller Help.

We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve any pending orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks may be deducted from your seller account.

After 90 days, the hold will be removed and any remaining funds will be available per your settlement schedule. In addition, balance and settlement information will be available in the Payments section of your seller account. If you have questions about these funds, please write to payments-investigate@amazon.co.uk.

While we appreciate your interest in selling on Amazon.co.uk, the removal of your selling privileges is a permanent action.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
So I had 13 positive feedback, account is 7 months old, all my performance stats are excellent and 24 completed orders minus that 1 refund. So I appealed the decision through the performance notification and gave my plan of action. 24 hours later I get this email:

Quote:
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We have reviewed your account on the basis of the information provided and regret to inform you that it will not be reopened.

Any funds that were in your account at the time of closure are on temporary hold pending the resolution of your sales. Funds are generally held for 90 days and will be released minus any unresolved chargebacks or A-z claims filed against your account.

As stated before, the closure of seller account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Thank you for your understanding with our decision.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
I then sent an email explaning the situation to the following email addresses:

managingdirector@amazon.com
resolution-uk@amazon.co.uk

After no response in 2 days, I then emailed Seller Performance through the contact Seller Support link when logged in your seller account. After a few hours I received this email:

Quote:

Please be assured that your account has been reviewed by Amazon staff. We have reviewed your account on the basis of the information provided and have determined that it will not be reopened.

Any funds that were in your account at the time of closure are on temporary hold pending the resolution of your sales. Funds are generally held for 90 days and will be released minus any unresolved chargebacks or A-z claims filed against your account.

As stated before, the closure of an account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Thank you for your understanding with our decision.

Please note that we will be unable to provide further information and that further correspondence will not be answered.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
After that email, I was about to give up on this account but all of a sudden I get this email a few hours later which made me really happy:

Quote:

Thank you for contacting Christopher North with your enquiry. I am the manager of the Seller Performance team and your email has been passed to me for review. Mr North has been advised of the outcome of my investigation.

This message is to inform you that I have reactivated your Amazon.co.uk seller account, and you may now resume listing items for sale on our site.

I apologise for any inconvenience this closure may have caused. As part of our ongoing commitment to improve the customer experience on Amazon.co.uk, we sometimes err on the side of caution.

Amazon Sellers are expected to maintain an order defect rate (the percentage of orders that have received a negative feedback, an A-to-Z Guarantee claim or a service credit card chargeback) of less than 1% of orders received. Excessive levels of order cancellation, refunds or late shipments can also lead to account restrictions.

I appreciate your interest and wish you the best of luck selling on Amazon.co.uk.

Regards,

Manager
Seller Performance Team
So there you go, if you were permanently suspended like me and the Seller Performance Team won't reinstate you, then give those 2 email addresses I mentioned above a try. Depending on the reason you were suspended for, there is still a good chance of getting your selling account back!

Last edited by Jigsaw; 09-10-2012 at 09:54 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jigsaw For This Useful Post:
BangkokBetty (03-20-2015), Play (03-24-2015), skyline84 (07-21-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%

Gratz.

/10char
Old 09-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Very nice pounding of the situation - props.
Old 09-12-2012

Longevity: 67%

Do you know what the emails are for US or how to find them??
Old 10-03-2012

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancnbaby View Post
Do you know what the emails are for US or how to find them??
That would be helpful if anyone knows upper management emails for the USA... ANYONE??
Old 10-03-2012

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomrains View Post
That would be helpful if anyone knows upper management emails for the USA... ANYONE??
I tried the ones he put, no luck.
Old 03-12-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: From permanently suspended to reinstated!!!

Jeff@Amazon.com for the USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Superfly101 For This Useful Post:
Artann (03-13-2015)
Old 03-12-2015

Longevity: 55%

Great result Jigsaw, you stuck at this with some dogged determination and it paid off, you deserve to be absolutely delighted with your efforts and the outcome.
Old 03-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Congrats now thats awesome!
Old 03-13-2015

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly101 View Post
Jeff@Amazon.com for the USA.
You really think this one will work lol
Old 03-14-2015

Longevity: 53%

Yes, the Executive Seller Relations Team reads through them, if they chose to reply, you will get a message such as:

Hello from Amazon.com,

Thank you for writing. Jeff Bezos has received your correspondence and asked that I respond on his behalf.

After reviewing the information you have provided, we have decided to reinstate your selling priviledges.

In our ongoing effort to protect our community, we sometimes err on the side of caution.

We wish you the best of luck on selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com