Suspended 3 years ago. Can it be reinstated? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 07-19-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Suspended 3 years ago. Can it be reinstated?

Here’s the summary of the situation. Three ebay IDs

ID-SELL : selling account
ID-TOAST : also a selling account : indefinite suspension since summer/fall of 2008
ID-BUY : buying account

ID-TOAST initially received 7 day suspension (I can’t remember what the exact reason was, but suspect a competitor backstabbing). When I read the suspension notice, I panicked and logged into ID-TOAST to see if the email was a scam. Then I logged into ID-SELL to see if it was ok (big mistake).

Because I logged into ID-SELL during the 7 day suspension period, indefinite suspension was given to ID-TOAST.

That was 3 years ago.
ID-BUY: never logged in while in suspension
ID-SELL: logged in a few times to take care of business (still needed to ship sold items, pay whatever fees and close down the store). I closed down the shop within a week of ID-TOAST’s suspension, but logged in later on to change my page (telling where I was going) and avatar and retrieve some infos. I think it’s been at least 1.5 years since my last log in.

Since then, I have completely different new computers, new modem, new router, new bank accounts. Plus I’ve changed my IP address a few times.

I still have the same home address, same phone numbers, same ISP, same Paypal accounts (in good standing).

None of eBay IDs nor Paypal accounts have my SSN, and if they ask, I will need to provide them EIN not SSN.

I bowed never to come back to eBay, but I need some extra income at this moment and thinking about eBay.

Do you guys think I have a chance at reinstating the account? And where do I contact to start reinstating process? Also, is there any preferred way to communicate with them (ask factually? Begging and pleading? Say sorry and tell them wont’ ever happen again? Etc).

Lastly, this is one thing that bothers me the most. I periodically log into my mom’s account (she lives in a completely different country: in Asia) to take care of her business/communications (she’s not good at English language). She only buys. Would my reinstating process affect her account if eBay decide to deny my request? BTW, I reside in the US.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. Looks messy and I don't like it. ID-BUY might be ok if you gently nurse it back to existence. Since ID-TOAST was indef. suspended and all are linked, the rest may or may not exist long - why chance it? Go fresh and STEALTH.

You log into another account with same IP and cookies? It's linked - I would not do this again - again it MAY be ok - nothing is 100% until you get the BIG RED MESSAGE FROM EB AY ha.

All the best as you decide.
Old 07-20-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%

Thanks for the advice.

For the supplementary information, all 3 IDs have the same info (my real name, home address, phone numbers, etc).

Would ID-BUY still have some chance back to existence when the info on it is associated with suspended account?

Oh, and my mom’s account was created long after all this suspension thing happened (at least 1 year after). I’m mainly worried if I decide to appeal, should I use a different computer (perhaps not home) to send appeal email? I think I could actually pull out my old laptop from the death if it’s better, too.
Old 07-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

All the same info = definite link.

Quite unlikely - you would get the dread message "Linked to account with unresolved issues" or something like that - would not waste time.

Her account is quite likely already linked, sadly.