Competing with Brand Owner Selling on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 01-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Send a message via Skype™ to Eduktd
Default Competing with Brand Owner Selling on Amazon

So, I found a really cool product which retails for around $400.00. I have five samples in my possession.The Company that owns the brand also sells on Amazon and uses FBA.

My concerns: I did some research and like most items the Chinese are already making a replica of this item (it's not common but it exists), I am confident my samples are authentic. Although selling the replica sounds... like a good turn and burn project...Anyways..for now. Just wanna sell these 5 which are authentic.

However I am concerned that competing with this company would bring scrutiny, reviews, attract velocity limits etc. My account has already passed reviews and I really don't feel like going through another one.

So, should I compete with a Brand owner who is also selling on Amazon or is this tantamount to Account Suicide.? Just to clarify these are not monster products or DVD's. The item is in a non high risk category.

They say we live in a free market economy but I not certain what that means anymore.

Last edited by Eduktd; 01-07-2013 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Typo
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

clean out whatever money you have in the account via disbursement then give it a go. This way if they decide to just delete you, you have nothing to lose.
Old 01-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduktd View Post
I have five samples in my possession.

I am confident my samples are authentic.
Based on what grounds? Where and what is your proof should you be questioned? "Assumption" and "samples" aren't very reassuring terms. Especially since one of them is used VERY loosely to describe inferior product.

Regardless of where you picked them up from, the fact that the original manufacturer has their own store on AZ probably means they don't intend on random folks acquiring their product for resale in direct competition.
Old 01-07-2013

Longevity: 80%

Dont see any issues unless you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and get reported or said company decides to buy from you and BAM you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

One of the main reason I like amazon is that u dont have to worry about vero if your items are legit...

They rely on customers or on the companies to buy your stuff or they dont allow you in that category at all...
Old 01-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Based on what grounds? Where and what is your proof should you be questioned?
That's actually a good..point. The only thing is Amazon usually suspends first then asks questions later. No chance of a come back unless on appeal. It's rare that they will ask questions before suspension. Or Even ask questions at all.
Quote:
"Assumption" and "samples" aren't very reassuring terms. Especially since one of them is used VERY loosely to describe inferior product.
I didn't use the word assumption..but in regards to samples..they are samples because the supplier allowed me to order below the min order quantity (MOQ) in order to test the product. I call that a sample. It's the same product that the supplier will end up supplying me.
Quote:
Regardless of where you picked them up from, the fact that the original manufacturer has their own store on AZ probably means they don't intend on random folks acquiring their product for resale in direct competition.c
This also is very good rationale thinking. Can you sell GM cars next to a GM authorized dealer at a much lower price? I guess will find out. Again, I am uncertain I even know the meaning of free market economy anymore.
Old 01-07-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
Dont see any issues unless you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and get reported or said company decides to buy from you and BAM you are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

One of the main reason I like amazon is that u dont have to worry about vero if your items are legit...

They rely on customers or on the companies to buy your stuff or they dont allow you in that category at all...
It seems I have to offer a sacrifice to the gods of Amazon and see what happens. Am gonna do it. I'll report back here.
Old 01-09-2013

Longevity: 74%

5 units might go through... anymore and the owner will start getting suspension, especially that they sell directly on AZ. Expect purchase order from them as will and if there is even a little problem buBAN
Old 02-03-2013

Longevity: 67%

Sell them as used and there will be no problem.
Old 02-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Sell them as used and there will be no problem.
Sure hope it's not ladies lingerie