MAC address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 10-03-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default MAC address

I know how to change everything & acquire new e-mail, IP, bank, credit card, etc. but I don't know how to change my MAC address. How do I solve this problem? I mean, I can buy a new laptop, but what if they ban me again? I can't purchase new laptops for eternity.

Anyone? Please?

(I have the guide, don't know where to find the answer though).
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 71%
Default Re: MAC address

You don't need to change your computer's MAC address. Its an ancient myth that has been abolished for a while. There are 2 MAC addresses so beware. I think the router's MAC some people need to change.
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebuspp View Post
You don't need to change your computer's MAC address. Its an ancient myth that has been abolished for a while. There are 2 MAC addresses so beware. I think the router's MAC some people need to change.
So if I create a new user account, change my IP address, use a new address, bank account, virtual credit card, phone number and list different products, I am OK to sell again on Amazon?

Whenever I create a new IP address in my admin panel, I do change the last 2 digits of a ''MAC address''. I don't know if that's the MAC address people are constantly talking about, but that's how I change my IP address (and IPBurger confirms it).
Old 10-03-2013

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 85%

NO, it's not enough. amazon will close your account straight away.
read Amazon Ghost carefully
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane View Post
Well I did, and everything I stated in my previous post is stated in the guide. Except for changing the MAC address and that's why I created this topic. But someone else is saying that it's a myth, so what do I do? I don't know. I've read the guide several times and I am stuck at changing the MAC address.
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 68%

Do you have a WiFi router in your home network? I"m guessing you do, so I will go on that premise.

In short, this is a network myth...just like the Yeti and Loch Ness monster.

Amazon can only see up to your router. What sits behind your router is not seen. Once packets pass through the router, the MAC address of the originating PC is discarded and replaced with the MAC address of the router.

Moreover, no one can see your computer's MAC address, unless you enabled them to run a program (like Java) on your computer.

I can explain this in more details using ARP tables & bringing in the OSI Model, but I don't think that is necessary here.

I suggest using VMWare (this is my personal setup). Each VMWare client by default has its own MAC address.
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0u$ View Post
Do you have a WiFi router in your home network? I"m guessing you do, so I will go on that premise.

In short, this is a network myth...just like the Yeti and Loch Ness monster.

Amazon can only see up to your router. What sits behind your router is not seen. Once packets pass through the router, the MAC address of the originating PC is discarded and replaced with the MAC address of the router.

Moreover, no one can see your computer's MAC address, unless you enabled them to run a program (like Java) on your computer.

I can explain this in more details using ARP tables & bringing in the OSI Model, but I don't think that is necessary here.

I suggest using VMWare (this is my personal setup). Each VMWare client by default has its own MAC address.
So what you're saying is; if I purchase/download VMWare I don't have to worry about my MAC address anymore or change anything else besides creating a new user account & changing my IP?

Or do I still need to replace my router or change something about it?

And I went to vmware.com but they're selling many different products. Which one do I need to purchase?
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane View Post
What else is wrong with helpmelol's method jane?
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmelol View Post
Or do I still need to replace my router or change something about it?

And I went to vmware.com but they're selling many different products. Which one do I need to purchase?
You really don't need to purchase anything from VMWare (unless you want to). I use the free version that was a hyperlink from the Amazon Ghost guide. I like that price

Quote:
So what you're saying is; if I purchase/download VMWare I don't have to worry about my MAC address anymore or change anything else besides creating a new user account & changing my IP?
Yes and no. I merely commented on the MAC address question. You do need to also worry about browser fingerprinting and your inventory.
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Browser fingerprinting and re-using same inventory were not mentioned by OP. Maybe that's what jane was hinting at...and if so, jane is correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
rsot (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Browser fingerprinting and re-using same inventory were not mentioned by OP. Maybe that's what jane was hinting at...and if so, jane is correct.
Was making sure on the understand Ja...An0n hah - yes the whole inventory and browser should be varied. CC must also have balance at all times.
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I won't use the same inventory. Some items will be the same, but I only listed 8 or 9 products on my previous account, I have like 100 different things to sell, so I don't think they'll track me because of a few similar items.

And I don't know what browserfingerprinting is. Have to read about that.

Do I need to worry about that when I change my IP address and use a different (new) user account ?
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
I know how to change everything & acquire new e-mail, IP, bank, credit card, etc. but I don't know how to change my MAC address. How do I solve this problem? I mean, I can buy a new laptop, but what if they ban me again? I can't purchase new laptops for eternity.

Anyone? Please?

(I have the guide, don't know where to find the answer though).
I would like to know more about this too. The list you just provided sounds like what I thought would be required in order to get back on Amazon. I was surprised to hear from other users here that this won't do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to minns For This Useful Post:
helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by minns View Post
I would like to know more about this too. The list you just provided sounds like what I thought would be required in order to get back on Amazon. I was surprised to hear from other users here that this won't do it.
Yeah, this is the list:

- New IP address
- New address
- New name
- New bank account
- New (virtual) credit card
- New phone number (for verification)
- New user account
- New inventory, or similar but only 1 out of 5 or 1 out of 10 items can be the same as previously used inventory

So I thought the MAC address was the only remaining obstacle, but now some members are talking about browserfingerprint. Don't know what that is :P.
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
So if I create a new user account, change my IP address, use a new address, bank account, virtual credit card, phone number and list different products, I am OK to sell again on Amazon?

Whenever I create a new IP address in my admin panel, I do change the last 2 digits of a ''MAC address''. I don't know if that's the MAC address people are constantly talking about, but that's how I change my IP address (and IPBurger confirms it).
Ok I will try and make this short as the subject has been discussed many times.

first off you do not need to change your mac address. Amazon ghost is a great guide but it is a couple of years old. at the time I understand why it was thought people needed to change their mac address. But 100% you do not and if anyone wants to get into an argument on the subject please just use the search forum function first.

2nd you do not need to be concerned about browser fingerprinting either. I very very much doubt amazon use this but if they do all you would need to combat it is either use a different web browser or as I do a different user name/ windows account on my computer. This will more than take care of that problem.

AS long as your ip address is completely different (not just the last 2-3 numbers of the ip different) and you follow the steps you have outlined this will be more than enough.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
eiross (10-17-2013), Freakzilla (10-03-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013), herakles88 (11-15-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
What do you think is missing?

Jane is correct in her post with her hints

OP has to be careful of what amazon does with its detection methods

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
helpmelol (10-03-2013), herakles88 (11-15-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Was making sure on the understand Ja...An0n hah - yes the whole inventory and browser should be varied. CC must also have balance at all times.
What language is that?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (01-28-2014), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Ok so different members are saying different things... those who say I am missing something, don't really point it out, which is confusing.

I don't like riddles
Old 10-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I won't use the same inventory. Some items will be the same, but I only listed 8 or 9 products on my previous account, I have like 100 different things to sell, so I don't think they'll track me because of a few similar items.
A 10:1 ratio of new items with old items sounds like a good ratio. Others with more experience with that particular area might give you some better numbers to guide you.

Quote:
And I don't know what browserfingerprinting is. Have to read about that.
As for browser fingerprinting, you must read up on this in your Amazon Ghost guide. This alone will link you, irregardless of what other changes you make. This is another reason to go w/ the VMWare setup.

Quote:
Do I need to worry about that when I change my IP address and use a different (new) user account
Yes, you must employ proper stealth methods between each user account. This includes changing IP addresses while logging into each account. AND tracking those IP addresses on a spreadsheet.
The Following User Says Thank You to An0nym0u$ For This Useful Post:
helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

your mac address cant be traced. Do some research and you will find this out. Its pretty annoying that we still have to go over this. I could not find my old threads so just look at the link below, it tells you everything you need to know

Can a MAC address be traced?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (01-28-2014), eiross (10-17-2013), helpmelol (10-03-2013), herakles88 (11-15-2013), rsot (10-08-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

As for browser finger printing:

you dont really need to worry about this and people should really explain themselves before throwing out random buzz words. As I have said it is very very unlikely that amazon would take this any further than the cookies that are stored on your computer.

However there is no need to get into that discussion as having different user accounts on your computer for different stealth accounts will solve this problem.

Device fingerprint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
aleen (10-12-2013), Brainbuster (01-28-2014), helpmelol (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013

Longevity: 61%

Does any of this IP address stuff matter if I just log in to Amazon from a local coffee shop on my laptop instead or my home PC that I was using?
The Following User Says Thank You to minns For This Useful Post:
helpmelol (10-03-2013)