eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   Anybody had an account deleted recently. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/67570-anybody-had-account-deleted-recently.html)

MICKY H 11-29-2013 05:27 PM

Anybody had an account deleted recently.

Been chatting to several people lately who have had accounts suspended for allegedly selling counterfeit. In the past these accounts would have been deleted. Has amazon been 'advised' that they are just unable to delete accounts and take the money. Comments please guy's and girls...

HunterStudios 11-29-2013 05:56 PM

Re: Anybody had an account deleted recently.

I've had less deleted but still had a few deleted by Amazon. I don't think they will ever stop doing that unfortunately.

Gamefreak 11-29-2013 06:06 PM

i think it all depends on length of account history. NEW will probably be deleted older accounts would be left there for the 90 day then you would get your money

Phd 11-29-2013 07:10 PM

I'm sure they have their ass covered by a 120 page legal document.

Also think they have rules and regulations as deep and as in-depth as their tracking of all sellers.

In easy terms, good bye newbie. Long term with lots of money and FBA, suspension only.

But, of course there are always exceptions to the rules.

Of course, my opinion only. If I knew for sure, I'd be selling my ass off, and be selling the 'insider' info to get rich quick :heh::heh::heh:

roberto 11-29-2013 11:20 PM

some people reported accounts being deleted like kelly, speak to her

barrycruan 11-30-2013 03:58 AM

Amazon seem to have different types of counterfeit.

If a seller complains you are breaching their intellectual property rites or such then you usually get a warning. If you are found to be selling dodgy nike trainers then they delete the account. No proof but that has always been my experience

MICKY H 11-30-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrycruan (Post 507316)
Amazon seem to have different types of counterfeit.

If a seller complains you are breaching their intellectual property rites or such then you usually get a warning. If you are found to be selling dodgy nike trainers then they delete the account. No proof but that has always been my experience

Yes Barry understand that has always been the case, but seems to be changing. This forum used to be full of people saying they cannot log into an account, not seen this lately. Several people who write to me privately say they have had the e mail about selling counterfeit, but account has only been suspended.

MICKY H 11-30-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 507278)

I am sure Kelly will chime in if she has anything to say. What your accounts Roberto, deleted or suspended, you are always saying you have lost accounts.

barrycruan 11-30-2013 04:14 AM

If the account has passed a review then it's unlikely they will delete it. They normally delete new accounts where they don't like the amount if risk.

So counterfeits, people in high risk categories or people selling way too much in the first month. Account being deleted a are for people who make a mistake. Most people on these forums should not have to worry about getting your account deleted.

Whether they are doing it less remains to be seen but it should not really matter anyway.

MICKY H 11-30-2013 04:19 AM

Barry, why does it not matter, people including me have lost many thousands of pounds.

barrycruan 11-30-2013 04:24 AM

Well It matters if it is you and you have lost money. It should not matter because if you are sensible and follow the steps amazon will not delete your account.

I can't say that 100% but I have never had an account deleted and every story I have read where someone else has, they have always made mistakes that they could have prevented.

It also does not matter as amazon take this step to protect themselves. If they are no longer deleting as many accounts you can bet they will have something else in place. So follow the steps and you Will not need to worry about getting an account deleted. I do however sympathise with those such as yourself who have lost money.

MICKY H 11-30-2013 04:59 AM

Barry, yes I have lost a considerable amount of money, but that is another story.
The question I was asking from the outset, has anybody had an account deleted recently, a simple yes or no. This forum is about learning what amazon are doing and there methods of detecting ghost accounts etc and if they have changed methods or practices.

barrycruan 11-30-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MICKY H (Post 507223)
Been chatting to several people lately who have had accounts suspended for allegedly selling counterfeit. In the past these accounts would have been deleted. Has amazon been 'advised' that they are just unable to delete accounts and take the money. Comments please guy's and girls...

This was your question. I don't think you were asking for a simple yes or no?

I would suggest you don't ask for comments if you don't actually want any comments.

No I have never had an account deleted but does that mean amazon are no longer deleting accounts?

I know what this forum is here for. It is for professional sellers and I'm pretty sure the majority of experienced stealthers would think its a better idea to just follow the clear, tried and tested steps to avoid account deletion. Rather than spending time on the symptom work on the cause.

The most important thing is to err on the side of caution. Always assume that amazon will delete an account and follow the steps necessary to avoid this. The only reason I can think of for your questioning is that you sell phake or grey area goods? In which case I could understand

MICKY H 11-30-2013 08:49 AM

Barry, no our company does not sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods, we are actually a UK plc whose shares are quoted on the LSE and no I am not an errand boy in the office. If need to no more please pm me

barrycruan 11-30-2013 08:54 AM

I was not being sarcastic. There are plenty of people who sell phakes and that was the only reason I would assume you are so interested in accounts being deleted.

I know you have lost a lot of money to a deleted account so I thought you'd have been more interested in figuring out what went wrong and avoiding it rather then just hoping that this problem(deleted accounts) has gone away.

Unless of course you sold phakes In which case no more deleted accounts would make a huge difference.

TonyAlmeida 11-30-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 507278)

Kelly is a Bro, not Sis :)

Gamefreak 11-30-2013 12:04 PM

in regards to counterfeit items amazon is GUILTY until you can prove otherwise

lillymilly 11-30-2013 07:13 PM

Have had suspended account with that reason, one of them 2 weeks old, and second 6 months. Funds were released after 90 days.

zoneout 11-30-2013 10:36 PM

Maybe somewhere buried on the AZ site mentions an updated policy for deleting accounts? I dunno, AZ always seemed they got their **** together more than eBay and don't wanna waste resources fighting class action suits.

mufc365 12-01-2013 12:00 PM

Speaking from experience accounts are less likely to be deleted if you build high feedbacks and secondly if you use a proper card that can get charged at any time. I.e avoid vcc's

tmastermind 12-06-2013 12:42 PM

Only ever had 2 Amazon accounts suspended. Never had an account deleted. Always got my money back after 90 days.

roberto 12-07-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mufc365 (Post 507608)
Speaking from experience accounts are less likely to be deleted if you build high feedbacks and secondly if you use a proper card that can get charged at any time. I.e avoid vcc's

this is what i have been saying. vcc is issue