Rookie here, vps versus vm? vcc question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 01-26-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default Rookie here, vps versus vm? vcc question

Hi All,

I must say this site has been a life saver I had one Amazon account for over two years and it has recently been suspended unexpectedly, I have three employees dedicated to Amazon full time and was at a complete loss until I was notified about this site,.

I purchased ghost, read it from virtual cover to cover did several hours of dinging through this forum and I still have two areas that aren't entirely clear.

1. After reading all the options for stealth ip/mac ( lets assume that Amazon can access your mac info, I am not looking to get in to that debate here) I was thinking of going the vps route rather then VM as there is no need to spoof/change mac/ip on either my pc or router I would like to have several accounts and don't want to worry about constantly switching,powering on and off and spoofing. I just want to confirm that my understanding is correct as I haven't seen this spelled out clearly anywhere.

I was also curious why the VPS method was not mentioned at all in ghost it seems like the best solution as far as convenience,time and Money.

2.The whole VCC thing is kind of fuzzy, why would some cards be ok while others are not? and I don't get the whole idea of purchasing through vendors on these boards what exactly are they selling that I am unable to purchase at any major retailer.

Any information would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Rookie here, vps versus vm? vcc question

1. If you would like to have several accounts, you need more than one IP. If you are in the US, you have much better choices of IP than VPS....dongles, cellphone tethering, etc.

2. Some cards are known to be blocked by Amazon - that's how it is. You DONT have to buy VCCs from sellers here but...these have been tested and do work so, easier to work with.
Old 01-27-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 61%

Thanks, I am in the U.S, was thinking of a separate vps for each account, it just seems simpler and cleaner to me then having a bunch of dongles, I love the idea of one piece of hardware for all my accounts, however I get the sense that many experienced setalthers are not so fond of vps and was wondering why that is, it isn't covered at all in ghost so I am not really clear on the pros and cons.

Regarding the Credit card, I was thinking of adding several users to my amex, I will get a new account number for each user and I can also change that individual cards billing address, I didn't notice any mention of this on the forum, am i missing anything? or is this a solid plan.

Thanks again for your help,

I am really itching to get started.....
Old 01-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Can do both VPS and dongles then - to vary activity. Dongles are really well-liked on this forum
Old 01-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusaMutt View Post
Hi All,

2.The whole VCC thing is kind of fuzzy, why would some cards be ok while others are not? and I don't get the whole idea of purchasing through vendors on these boards what exactly are they selling that I am unable to purchase at any major retailer.

Any information would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance
The concept of purchasing from sellers on this forum was created by aspkin to give new users like yourself assistance.

Rather than go out to the wide retail world, our approved sellers are offering cards that are viable for stealth purposes.

WIth your new stealth work, you will find it more expedient to streamline how you work.

Not sure why it got suggested differently.

Are you taking into account the issue of selling the same items again may link you.

Did not notice any comment on that .

You are in early stages yet.

Weigh up carefully what you get told.

Good Luck

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-29-2014 at 03:41 AM.