Copyright Infringement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 12-02-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Copyright Infringement

Hi everyone,

I have been banned from Amazon numerous times. The last time my account was banned was because Amazon claimed that I was infringing copyrights. However, they did not even request any documents/ proof of my inventory and they just banned it right in the beginning.

I have been looking at some of my competitors from China for the past two years that sell the exact same things as me. I have even bought his item to make to that they are the same. He has been selling on Amazon for at least two years while never being suspended. The items are VERO but not mainstream, they are niche items.

Question is, how do they still last on Amazon without getting suspended for the same reason ? Why do I get suspended but not them? What is it that they are doing that is different from me?

Is there some kind of different Amazon account that are harder to get suspended than others? If so how do I obtain such account.

Thank you very much in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Copyright Infringement

I am not an expert in the Amazon field. I just started using it myself. However, the Amazon Ghost guide would likely be a good place to start.
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Don't know of a different account that is harder to suspend...unless you find someone on the inside.

Few of us are trying...
Old 12-02-2014

Longevity: 55%

Money talks and those Chinese sellers will be paying huge fees to Amazon for the amount of sales they are putting through the site, and Amazon has obviously realised that they cannot stop all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ being sold through their marketplace and when we are in a time where even eggs are now being made using chemicals in China it is going to be completely impossible to weed out all the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items and the East obviously has an endless supply heading over to the west and they can get them here so cheaply as well
Old 12-02-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

I can't confirm this, but it's long been my belief that Copyright holders will target sellers in countries where they are based and own the copyright, i.e. if you are US, or Europe based then they simply get their domestic lawyer to send a letter to .com .uk .de etc., and your account gets banned straight away. If your account is based in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan or wherever, then maybe it's considered a different market and they would need to check via an international department, and check if the rights had been sold there or not. In many cases rights are sold to Chinese companies / factories to produce goods, and they continue to produce the goods, or copies well after the rights have expired or whatever, and it probably more difficult to determine the legitimacy of those goods.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BangkokBetty For This Useful Post:
Bangduck (12-03-2014), cerebus (12-06-2014), Geegee83 (12-04-2014), yankee (12-21-2014)
Old 12-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Money talks and those Chinese sellers will be paying huge fees to Amazon for the amount of sales they are putting through the site, and Amazon has obviously realised that they cannot stop all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ being sold through their marketplace and when we are in a time where even eggs are now being made using chemicals in China it is going to be completely impossible to weed out all the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items and the East obviously has an endless supply heading over to the west and they can get them here so cheaply as well
RosieTosie the politics
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (12-02-2014)
Old 12-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
RosieTosie the politics

Exactly rsot, the politics of commerce everywhere, and of course those eggs made with chemicals cause dementia as well so somewhere down the line there will be a humdinger of a price to pay for that one!!
Old 12-02-2014

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 92%

even though some course for chemical egg was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ course for money fraud LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
The Following User Says Thank You to matthewliang For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (12-02-2014)
Old 12-03-2014

Well I suppose having positive feedbacks, especially a lot of them, helps? You do know that you can buy 5-star feedbacks right?
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerecit View Post
You do know that you can buy 5-star feedbacks right?
Sorry but that's really bad advice, there are too many factors that screw up an account all because you want to get quick feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (01-11-2015)
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

There are tons of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ sold on eBay and Amazon every day. Why some sellers seem to get away with it while others are banned is really not important. Why do I say that? Because we cannot change it.

We can speculate all day about the reasons: someone has a friend inside protecting them, copyright owners complained, competitors did us in, Amazon favors this one over that one, etc. But at the end of the day, it is all speculation.

The best thing you can do is to find something else to sell. Because selling counterfeits is becoming more and more difficult. Copyright owners are now taking matters into their own hands and hiring law firms and using undercover buyers to go after sellers. Venues are cracking down. This Christmas season has been an absolute bloodbath for these sellers.

Selling these things may gain you some short term profit, but it is no way to build a lasting business that you will be able to rely on for an income.

There are MILLIONS of products out there. If you are willing to work on finding sources for items and new products, focusing on niches rather than the "big hit" products, you will be fine. Nobody will bother you and you can go on happily selling for many years with few problems.

You DO have to keep researching, though. The thing is, niches can be found by others and could become competitive at any time. Personally, I like to use many accounts to keep my niches safe. The problem is, sometimes people will stumble upon a successful seller and then follow them regularly to see what they are selling, so they can copy them. That can become FRUSTRATING as hell! I sometimes spend 20 hours developing a niche and some little jerk just looks for what I am selling each week so he can get in on my finds! GRRR!!! So, multiple accounts are the answer. That is why I have many, many accounts.

It is also the reason that rare books is my favorite category. Anyone can follow me all they want to, but they cannot simply copy me!

Niches can be found anywhere. A medical product you use (but forget diet pills and such) or something for your car or boat. A decorative item. Cooking products. ANYTHING can have decent sales yet be overlooked by the masses of sellers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
BangkokBetty (12-03-2014), ovidiu (12-06-2014)
Old 12-03-2014

Longevity: 57%

i think it comes down to account age and feedback. A young account selling "questionable" items will get the ban hammer much faster than an account who has been aged selling the same "questionable" items.
Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Copyright is a touchy subject with Amazon. There is no forgiveness here. In fact, attempting to report a competitor for copyright violations often simply shines the light on YOU, instead. Therefore, it's only safe to do it from a buyer only account, but this also means Amazon won't do much, unless you actually bought the item in question. The seller you are talking about may be registered in china but ship to the USA, and different rules may apply as a result.
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by imboxsy View Post
What is the average life span of your accounts now?
The first round of accounts lasted a few days for this line. After that I had some running for a month. As soon as I added a bank account it got flagged. Changed everything in terms of the descriptions, titles, even where the thumbnail images were pulled from and the file names for them.

I haven't tried this month yet. Too busy with other lines and really not too interested in locking up funds for 90 days really.
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Copyright is a touchy subject with Amazon. There is no forgiveness here. In fact, attempting to report a competitor for copyright violations often simply shines the light on YOU, instead. Therefore, it's only safe to do it from a buyer only account, but this also means Amazon won't do much, unless you actually bought the item in question. The seller you are talking about may be registered in china but ship to the USA, and different rules may apply as a result.
Ya. I've honestly pondered registering with a location in Hong Kong and fulfilling myself from the US.
Old 12-06-2014

This is the standard email i get everytime..

Hello,

We are writing to let you know we have removed your selling privileges, canceled your listings, and placed a temporary hold on any funds in your Marketplace Payments account. Any new selling accounts you open will be closed.

We took this action because it has come to our attention that you have listed items that may be in violation of our policy against intellectual property infringement.

We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve any pending orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks may be deducted from your Marketplace Payments account.

After 90 days, the hold will be removed and any remaining funds will be available per your settlement schedule. In addition, balance and settlement information will be available in the Payments section of your seller account. If you have questions about these funds, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

If you would like to appeal this decision, please visit the Notifications page in the Performance section of your account, find this message in the list of notifications, and click the Appeal button (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...fications.html). For information on creating an appeal, search on “Appeal the Removal of Selling Privileges” in seller Help.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
This is the standard email i get everytime..http://www.amazon.com
Yup. Same here. I got the first one June 28 of this year. The last set of accounts I registered got banned before I even listed products for being linked to another account so either my type of Verification Gift Card must be linking me or my browser. Been a while since I had to actually set up new stealth accounts so a few things may have changed. Going to switch over to using VM's on the next set of new accounts and see if they still get linked. No biggie though. We're selling tons on other accounts and sales channels.
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarca18 View Post
Ya. I've honestly pondered registering with a location in Hong Kong and fulfilling myself from the US.
Is this even possible? i mean i know you can use VPNs to get a different location, but won't they require a hong kong bank account?
Old 12-06-2014

Quote:
Is this even possible? i mean i know you can use VPNs to get a different location, but won't they require a hong kong bank account?
Not sure but I'll give it a shot. If not I have contacts that could probably open a bank account for me there.
Old 12-06-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

You can have bank accounts anywhere that amazon allows. I have USA amazon accounts, with USA IP and banking in the UK. Never a problem.

Last edited by MICKY H; 12-07-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Old 12-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Thanks to Greenbean, I also have a UK bank account. I didn't know it was possible until she pointed it out. In the UK, you have to state the reason you want an account and have a $5,000 opening deposit (you don't have to MAINTAIN that balance), but other than that it just sailed through.

Hong Kong accounts can be advantageous, from what I have heard, but I don't have one.
Old 12-06-2014

i wonder if a UK account would be less prone to infringement violations than US accounts. Jeff have you noticed anything in terms of leniency?