Please Critique my plan for setting up a stealth account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 12-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Please Critique my plan for setting up a stealth account.

Please Critique my plan for setting up a stealth account.

For the computer issue I am going to purchase a chrome book at Walmart for around 200. This will be used exclusively for amazon.

For the Mac address issue I am going to use a samsung wifi hotspot thing which is connected to my cell phone plan (any issue here?)

This will be a temporary fix to get me up and running, I notice time warner offers internet service for 15 per month, So ill order that soon. I will use this internet exclusively for amazon. The house I’m in uses cable vision so I will no longer use amazon while connected to my old internet.

Questions:
So once I am using amazon with the new internet either the hotspot or the new time warner. Is it safe to access amazon from other places like a friends house or at my school.? My school has hundreds of students Im guessing some use amazon. To use the wifi at school you must log in with an id and password. Anyone see any issues with me using this.

I will be opening up a new llc. Any advice as to what to name it. Should it be my name or a random company name.

Address for the llc should it be a PO Box?

I am going to be Drop Shipping on Amazon and plan to hire outsourcers to put up listings and manage inventory. The outsourcers are based on the Philippines are there any issues with this?
I will also opening a business checking account to use with amazon.

Last edited by snow1447; 12-28-2014 at 07:18 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-28-2014

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Please Critique my plan for setting up a stealth account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow1447 View Post
Please Critique my plan for setting up a stealth account.

For the computer issue I am going to purchase a chrome book at Walmart for around 200. This will be used exclusively for amazon.

For the Mac address issue I am going to use a samsung wifi hotspot thing which is connected to my cell phone plan (any issue here?)

This will be a temporary fix to get me up and running, I notice time warner offers internet service for 15 per month, So ill order that soon. I will use this internet exclusively for amazon. The house I’m in uses cable vision so I will no longer use amazon while connected to my old internet.

Questions:
So once I am using amazon with the new internet either the hotspot or the new time warner. Is it safe to access amazon from other places like a friends house or at my school.? My school has hundreds of students Im guessing some use amazon. To use the wifi at school you must log in with an id and password. Anyone see any issues with me using this.

I will be opening up a new llc. Any advice as to what to name it. Should it be my name or a random company name.

Address for the llc should it be a PO Box?

I am going to be Drop Shipping on Amazon and plan to hire outsourcers to put up listings and manage inventory. The outsourcers are based on the Philippines are there any issues with this?
I will also opening a business checking account to use with amazon.
Hello,

Everything looks fine. NO P.O. Box... Rent a box at UPS office. You can use the box number as Suite # ...

UPS account (for business) can run up to $190-200 per year. You can rent for 6 months at a time.
Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vachagan For This Useful Post:
rsot (12-29-2014), yllinu (02-15-2015)
Old 12-28-2014

Longevity: 65%

The issue I'm seeing is you could run into problems because of the IP address.

I highly recommend looking into getting a Dedicated IP address that does not change each time you log into amazon. I have a lot of Amazon Stealth accounts (mostly sleepers), and none of them have ever had an issue.
Old 12-28-2014

if people in the Philippines are logging in your account then you will 100% have problems. Unless they are using a VPN
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmono View Post
The issue I'm seeing is you could run into problems because of the IP address.

I highly recommend looking into getting a Dedicated IP address that does not change each time you log into amazon. I have a lot of Amazon Stealth accounts (mostly sleepers), and none of them have ever had an issue.
What do you mean by this why is my ip address change each time and how would I go about getting a Dedicated IP?
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imboxsy View Post
if people in the Philippines are logging in your account then you will 100% have problems. Unless they are using a VPN

Can you elaborate why this would cause problems for me? I know dozens of people who hire outsourcers from the Philippines without issue. So what is it about my new account that is different from others that would cause me problems? Apparently amazon has functionality designed to give vas limited access to you account
Old 12-28-2014

I believe that feature is if the person is a registered developer.
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imboxsy View Post
I believe that feature is if the person is a registered developer.
With respect I do not thing that is correct. The people I know who do this are exclusively drop shippers. They told me amazon has it set up where the outsourcers have separate logins (email and password) which give them limited functionality on the account. If anyone else has information about this please share.

imboxsy let me ask you this. If I set up my account the way that I detailed above is there anything about it that raises red flag or anything about it that would be suspicious compared to other users accounts. Because if a bunch of other amazon drop shippers are using outsourcers without issue, than I know I can too unless there is something different or wrong with my account.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this forum is a blessing!
Old 12-28-2014
Threadstarter  

From the amazon web page:
Set User Permissions
When you first set up your seller account on Amazon.com, only the original invited user can access the features of your seller account. But as time goes by, you might want others who are involved in the management of your business to have access to your seller account. For example, you might want a co-owner or employee to manage inventory or handle shipping confirmations. To add users or adjust user permissions, use the User Permissions feature.

So I think I should be good to go unless there is something im missing or not considering?
Old 12-29-2014

I'm not 100% sure, so you might be right. I don't deal with dropshipping, but that has always been my understanding about logging in from different locations. Maybe someone else with more experience in this subject can chime in.

Quote:
With respect I do not thing that is correct. The people I know who do this are exclusively drop shippers. They told me amazon has it set up where the outsourcers have separate logins (email and password) which give them limited functionality on the account. If anyone else has information about this please share.

imboxsy let me ask you this. If I set up my account the way that I detailed above is there anything about it that raises red flag or anything about it that would be suspicious compared to other users accounts. Because if a bunch of other amazon drop shippers are using outsourcers without issue, than I know I can too unless there is something different or wrong with my account.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this forum is a blessing!
The Following User Says Thank You to imboxsy For This Useful Post:
snow1447 (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Only allow people you trust 100% to have ability to log into the account...keep in mind that these ppl have access to the funds from sales too...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
snow1447 (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
What do you mean by this why is my ip address change each time and how would I go about getting a Dedicated IP?
Each time you log in, you'll use a publicly shared IP. Most of the time its not an issue since they don't typically close/limit accounts solely on a shared IP. But there's still a risk, especially with amazon. Look into dedicated IPs through a VPN