Using Local Credit Union Prepaid Cards for Stealth - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Using Local Credit Union Prepaid Cards for Stealth

Question:

It's stealth 101 to make as many details as possible different on EVERY account, ESPECIALLY on Amazon.

My question is this: There is a local credit union that offers no fee gift cards to bank customers. I want to use this bank to purchase all my pre-paid cards, because the minimum balance per card is only 15 dollars, and there's no fee to load money.

HOWEVER, since this is a small bank, is it likely that opening multiple accounts with this type of pre-paid card will link my accounts?

Note: Obviously the card alone wouldn't link them, but that, plus the same origin zip code, given how small the bank is, seems like it might be enough to tip them off.

Anyone have experience from a similar situation?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Using Local Credit Union Prepaid Cards for Stealth

Should be able to register the card to a different zipcode online - buy one to try it out
Old 05-21-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Should be able to register the card to a different zipcode online - buy one to try it out
Yes, but the ORIGIN zip code of packages being sent out will still be the same. I'm not driving to another city just to change that.

It's been my understanding that this can cause account linkage, when paired with other similarities.
Old 05-21-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

ANYTHING can cause account linkage when paired with other similarities.

Are you saying this because you are printing your shipping labels through Amazon?

If so, why? Just print the labels on your own ShipStation/Endicia/Stamps.com account and enter the tracking numbers into Amazon.

Or am I missing something?
Old 05-21-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
ANYTHING can cause account linkage when paired with other similarities.

Are you saying this because you are printing your shipping labels through Amazon?

If so, why? Just print the labels on your own ShipStation/Endicia/Stamps.com account and enter the tracking numbers into Amazon.

Or am I missing something?
When your package is scanned at the UPS/USPS/FedEx Facility, it shows the zip code it's first scanned in. If I drop off my packages in Atlanta, Georgia, my tracking will show as much.

Uploading the tracking to Amazon, they will be able to see this.

I've read here that this can cause account linkage. Is this not correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (08-01-2015)
Old 08-01-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
When your package is scanned at the UPS/USPS/FedEx Facility, it shows the zip code it's first scanned in. If I drop off my packages in Atlanta, Georgia, my tracking will show as much.

I have wondered about this in the past and do suspect that it can be a FACTOR. I strongly believe Amazon uses a "points system" to get stealth sellers, similar to how your email uses points to filter spam. It probably isn't good to have your origin zip code same as a bunch of your old suspended accounts - however, this ALONE definitely doesn't get ya or we'd all be canned. I've done it where my ships from address is halfway across the country and never had an issue with tons of accounts at same origin and check in time.

Also, I've been taking my packages directly to the airport lately since it seems to be faster and it's 20 minutes away. Can you imagine the thousands of sellers with the same airport zip code...

I think the card is more likely to link an account than the shipping. Mainly because your bank is so small that you could be the ONLY person on Amazon with that BIN for your card. But I actually doubt this would be automated - would probably only come up during a manual review and even then I just can't imagine someone thinking of looking for that for no reason.

These are exactly the things I think about when I (probably unnecessarily) have VMs with different OS, browsers, fonts, plugins, canvas ID random, and accounts with different VPN suppliers, phone suppliers (all tracfone now though), etc... because even though Amazon doesn't currently use something doesn't mean they won't at some point and I'd rather not have my mortgage payment depend on a bad assumption...
Old 08-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

Unless you are selling the same or very similar products across your accounts I don't think it would be an issue. Either way it is likely something you must deal with. In any terms I think Amazon focuses more on their shipping metrics and customer satisfaction than anything.