question on probationary period on new accounts personal vs business for amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 02-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default question on probationary period on new accounts personal vs business for amazon

I have a question about opening a new stealth amzn.
when it's opened under personal after the trial period if I keep the number of items i sell less than 25...i will not be asked for a ssn. is that still true?

after the 30 days trial...if i keep the amount i sell under 25 they will give me a deposit..and i will know that this account is out of the sandbox.

now...
can i have this new stealth account as a backup accnt and then when needed change it to a pro/business accnt. give it LLC. and start putting full stock of prducts on fba and be able to sell normally? -- or -- does it start another trial probation period again when it's switched out of personal in to business?

this is because i would like to have some accounts aging...without occurring the monthly fees of the bizz account. or having to get it a corp.

let me know what you guys think. is this how you keep your spare accounts on the back burner?
my accounts are all clean and not have had any suspend. knock on wood.

p.s.
do any of you guys here in the U.S use 1 accnt to piggy back on a popular product that you are selling in another account? just to protect that product in case something happens to the other account?

I heard one person mention on another forum,...they were piggy'n their hottest product with 3-4 other accounts to protect it in case something happened.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: question on probationary period on new accounts personal vs business for amazon

Many people have backup accounts in case their main accounts go down. But I think you are mistaking how the reporting works. While it IS true that you can avoid having Amazon ask for a TAX ID number by keeping the number of items sold under 25, that is 25 items PER YEAR, not per month.

And last time I checked, Amazon would not cut you off until you had sold 50 items.
Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: question on probationary period on new accounts personal vs business for amazon

Definitely need backup accounts
Old 02-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 47%

ok thanks so much for all your wisdom jeff and rsot

so to sum this out:

i can have accounts happily aging on the back burner by doing the following:

1. make personal amazon account with any name
2. sell any low risk items. make sure keep it to a few items.
3. hound people for feedbacks

so it will just safely age off of it's probationary period as long as I sell low risk, low cost items, under 50 items for a month or so.

would I know that I am off the probationary period by amazon wanting to give me a deposit? does this mean i am out of the woods???

so knowing that. amazon is unable to check names on CC or bank accnts at that time i could use names like MIKI MOUSE, DONALD DUCK etc... with an additional bank account at my bank with a debit card at that bank..and not worry about having my name on those cards be cause they cannot check the names.
things will then get legit.
when i want to take if off the back burner, with llc account and ein number and making it a pro seller account. i would then be safe to start listing normal items and start gaining some decent speed but not too crazy...

doe this sound like a good plan?

i appreciate all thoughts and comments and wisdom.

i plan on having at least 5 accounts and having them age on like fine wine.

this to avoid having the expense of creating the llc while the accounts age.
Old 03-05-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 46%

It sounds good dude, aged account is always better than brand new account, especially aged account with selling history and feedback. If you have time to manage these 5 personal account, so do it, just make sure you do not make them linked to each others (IP, accidentally log in)

And when you upgrade to PRO Seller, your selling history is still there, so you will not need to worry about the trial period, however dont sell too fast.