Amazon is a dying venue for the little guy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Amazon is a dying venue for the little guy

It has become a real struggle to try and just make a few bucks for yourself on amazon asa single seller .Its just a joke what they put you through and by the time you are supposed to get paid they push back your disbursement another two weeks. Honestly is it really worth burning bank accounts and many hours of your hard work for nothing just my opinion sold back in the day made 200 grand a year in sales and basically amazon just become a hassle and I just got tired of struggling to get it going its there playing field and they change the rules day by day.So at the end of the day is it worth hours of work that has no outcome ? just my opinion hope others have better luck
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Amazon is a dying venue for the little guy

Guess to each his own - lot of ppl here have success with it but so many factors to weight in :(
Old 10-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Amazon caters to big professional sellers.

Ebay is more forgiving and helps their sellers become big professional sellers.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
sax4 (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016

Longevity: 45%

Amazon will also eventually push you out. They monitor what items sell well and then eventually source it and sell it themselves under their own brand like Amazon collection.
Old 10-19-2016

Longevity: 56%

they're just stricter in general, I was a 'big seller' and got banned over nothing. Better than ebays marketplace full of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ junk tbf
Old 10-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
they're just stricter in general, I was a 'big seller' and got banned over nothing. Better than ebays marketplace full of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ junk tbf
Magnitudes more ⊗⊗⊗⊗ crap on Amazon in my nitch. You cant hardly find a genuine product.
Old 10-20-2016

Longevity: 80%

what i dislike eBay for is the multiple listings by same seller with different name to draw viewers.

amazon takes a lot of work to keep going. Its best if you have a grandfathered account with daily disbursement or have at least two going at all times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gamefreak For This Useful Post:
CodeRed (10-21-2016)
Old 10-20-2016

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

In a way yes, they are trying to push out small guys with their metric changes. Someone posted some slides from their recent womens convention and their are even more changes on the way! I believe the changes are to get rid of the scammer and counterfeiters.

Over all though, as long as you are not scamming people i find it very easy to sell.

What are you having problems with? Stop trying to think amazon is out to get you and maybe you can succeed. You must be doing something to get flagged. I am a single seller with 10k bi weekly disbursements and have never had a rolling reserve in 2 years.
Old 10-20-2016

Longevity: 44%

What are you talking about?

You're doing something wrong if you're constantly getting "unwarranted" holds on your balances. (Hint: the holds are warranted because of YOUR actions)
Old 10-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Amazon is doing much batter then ebay

ebay is really down, with amazon you can make more profit and FBA really boost your sale

amazon very strict with polices if you follow them you will be good to go

its for small and big sellers

in few years will see how this goes
Old 10-21-2016

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzpro View Post
What are you talking about?

You're doing something wrong if you're constantly getting "unwarranted" holds on your balances. (Hint: the holds are warranted because of YOUR actions)
This guy just does not want to listen or learn. He is always on here bashing Amazon.

Love yourself buddy
Old 10-22-2016

I can kind of relate. Amazon treats its sellers like complete s****. You get suspended over nothing, and then have to grovel like a stuck pig to get your account back. It's a humiliating experience.

My lesson with amazon is you'll eventually get suspended, seems everyone does. Over nothing.

They treat their sellers like their treat their employees. It must be a horrid company to work for day in and day out.
Old 10-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by idds View Post
I can kind of relate. Amazon treats its sellers like complete s****. You get suspended over nothing, and then have to grovel like a stuck pig to get your account back. It's a humiliating experience.

My lesson with amazon is you'll eventually get suspended, seems everyone does. Over nothing.

They treat their sellers like their treat their employees. It must be a horrid company to work for day in and day out.
I don't believe the "get suspended over nothing" bit.

I got like 3 different policy violations/warnings over the span of a week a couple months ago, and it didn't come with a suspension. I did not ignore the violations though.

When you look into a lot of the suspension stories on the amazon forums, eventually the truth comes out and it almost always turns out that the "victim" ignored multiple policy violations/warnings.

A lot of times people get suspended because they did something that was indeed against policy, but they kept doing it because they thought the policy is BS and unfair. That won't work since amazon gets to set the rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to amzpro For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016

Quote:
I don't believe the "get suspended over nothing" bit.

I got like 3 different policy violations/warnings over the span of a week a couple months ago, and it didn't come with a suspension. I did not ignore the violations though.

When you look into a lot of the suspension stories on the amazon forums, eventually the truth comes out and it almost always turns out that the "victim" ignored multiple policy violations/warnings.

A lot of times people get suspended because they did something that was indeed against policy, but they kept doing it because they thought the policy is BS and unfair. That won't work since amazon gets to set the rules.
Indeed, but my view of "over nothing" is related to these chinese sellers that seem to operate there with complete impunity selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

But we American sellers get suspended over relatively minor violations.

Yes, my suspension was regarding ignoring a violation... but it also wasn't clear that I needed to take action. I assumed that the listing removal was the end of it, which isn't that hard a leap to make.

There is another thread related to suspensions without any violations or warnings. Just got suspended.
Old 10-26-2016

why do random words get these "XXXXX" ? I said ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (f@kes).... why is that blocked?
Old 10-26-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by idds View Post
Indeed, but my view of "over nothing" is related to these chinese sellers that seem to operate there with complete impunity selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗.

But we American sellers get suspended over relatively minor violations.

Yes, my suspension was regarding ignoring a violation... but it also wasn't clear that I needed to take action. I assumed that the listing removal was the end of it, which isn't that hard a leap to make.

There is another thread related to suspensions without any violations or warnings. Just got suspended.
The chinese sellers aren't operating with impunity, they get suspended repeatedly but keep coming back with new accounts.

And yeah.. there you go, you did ignore a violation. Never assume anything with amazon...
Old 10-26-2016

Quote:
The chinese sellers aren't operating with impunity, they get suspended repeatedly but keep coming back with new accounts.

And yeah.. there you go, you did ignore a violation. Never assume anything with amazon...
I'm not interested in making excuses for myself, I was guilty. It's goes back to the original point, what I did is not worth suspending someone over. It's minor.

From what I've read, some rights holders have a hell of a time getting products removed, which includes test buys, etc.

And my point was if you compare my minor mistake with the explicit intent to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products by the Chinese, it's an over the top response to a minor infraction. In fact, if you compare infractions country by country, then Amazon should suspend China altogether.
The Following User Says Thank You to idds For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (10-26-2016)