Amazon selling privileges have been removed - without valid CC - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 36%
Longevity: 94%
Default Re: Amazon selling privileges have been removed - without valid CC

Can you use a UK Debit Card for a US Amazon Pro Seller Account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
As of last month, US Amazon pro accounts now require payment of their first month fees within the same day of registration. That means you'll need a CC with a balance of $44 minimum. It should have a few more dollars on it as well to handle test charges / disbursement test charges.

US Individual accounts are not experiencing this as they do not have a $39.99 monthly fee. But as soon as you plan on upgrading you will be faced with the same charge.

UK Amazon is still giving the 1st month free of fees, so you can still use a CC with 5GBP on it.

The point is to sell enough items to cover this monthly fee from your Amazon account balance so the card is never charged. However, in the US, for amazon Pro accounts, you now need cards with a minimum of $44 upon registration to cover the 1st month of fees. After the 1st month of fees that are paid by the CC, make sure to always have an Amazon balance of at least $40 to cover the next month fees, and so on.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
Can you use a UK Debit Card for a US Amazon Pro Seller Account?
Yup shouldn't be a problem

I wrote up a guide on how to solve the issue addressed in this thread:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...rd-issues.html
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
Freakzilla (01-22-2017)
Old 01-23-2017

Quote:
As of last month, US Amazon pro accounts now require payment of their first month fees within the same day of registration. That means you'll need a CC with a balance of $44 minimum. It should have a few more dollars on it as well to handle test charges / disbursement test charges.

US Individual accounts are not experiencing this as they do not have a $39.99 monthly fee. But as soon as you plan on upgrading you will be faced with the same charge.

UK Amazon is still giving the 1st month free of fees, so you can still use a CC with 5GBP on it.

The point is to sell enough items to cover this monthly fee from your Amazon account balance so the card is never charged. However, in the US, for amazon Pro accounts, you now need cards with a minimum of $44 upon registration to cover the 1st month of fees. After the 1st month of fees that are paid by the CC, make sure to always have an Amazon balance of at least $40 to cover the next month fees, and so on.
Why not start with an individual account to avoid the $40 charge at the beginning, and upgrade to Pro AFTER you scored your first sale?

Isn't above a simpler solution? Or do you strongly prefer to start with Pro for some special advantages (e.g. lower suspension probability)?
Old 01-23-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaichaoyi View Post
Why not start with an individual account to avoid the $40 charge at the beginning, and upgrade to Pro AFTER you scored your first sale?

Isn't above a simpler solution? Or do you strongly prefer to start with Pro for some special advantages (e.g. lower suspension probability)?
Yes this might solve the issue, but you would have to sell at least $39.99 worth of products on the individual account, before upgrading to pro. But even then, once you upgrade to Amazon pro they might still charge the first month of fees to the credit card. Test it out and report back to the thread and let us know how it goes.

From what I am seeing, it seems even if you have a balance on your individual account, once you convert to pro, they may still want a card on file to be charged $39.99.

It seems they are doing this to weed out the sellers that are only using the accounts for only 1-2 months before moving on to another one.
Old 01-26-2017

Quote:
Yes this might solve the issue, but you would have to sell at least $39.99 worth of products on the individual account, before upgrading to pro. But even then, once you upgrade to Amazon pro they might still charge the first month of fees to the credit card. Test it out and report back to the thread and let us know how it goes.

From what I am seeing, it seems even if you have a balance on your individual account, once you convert to pro, they may still want a card on file to be charged $39.99.

It seems they are doing this to weed out the sellers that are only using the accounts for only 1-2 months before moving on to another one.
Yes, it just so happened. They charged my credit card although I have sufficient sales proceeds in account.
Old 01-26-2017

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Yes, it just so happened. They charged my credit card although I have sufficient sales proceeds in account.
did the same for my card even though there is a significant amount in the seller account balance.However they reinstated me 5 days ago after the card update but only charged the card now .
this may mean they could do the same when we convert from individual to pro merchant even if theres balance in the account
Old 01-26-2017

Quote:
Yeah it seems no matter if you have the balance or not, the 1st month of fees will be charged to the card on file. So US Amazon Pro accounts now require a $45 VCC.