eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Important Set Up Question for The Professional Sellers (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/105151-important-set-up-question-professional-sellers.html)

Bazubi 02-16-2017 04:08 AM

Important Set Up Question for The Professional Sellers

Hi Guys,

We recently had over a few VPNs. All VPNs were operated on the same PC running VMware with different VM's (each VPN on a different VM).

To avoid linking, we used the Win7 built in firewall to disconnect ingoing+outgoing traffic in case of a VPN disconnection (using the home/public network profiles).

It all worked well, until all of our accounts got linked and deleted on the same day and we lost confidence in this system. The link was due to all of the VMs reverting to the main computer's IP, at different times.

We need your professional technical help to make sure we do everything right this time.

Please help us with the following issues:

Do you know of an extra layer to add to the firewall in case of VPN disconnection so that the VM will not revert to the main computer's original IP no matter what happens?

We have a few employees who require the windows built-in Remote Desktop tool to connect to each VM running a VPN (Teamviewer is way too slow). We tried setting up access to the VM (while connected to the VPN) using Remote Desktop but failed. Can you please advise how we can set up Windows Remote Desktop connection to a VM running VPN?

If we manage to solve these 2 issues we should be fine.
We would appreciate your specific and knowledgeable assistance.

Thank you

elmo 02-16-2017 05:05 AM

Re: Important Set Up Question for The Professional Sellers

You had the firewall settings setup to block the internet connection if the VPN drops but it did not work?

This is the best setup as you described but I'm confused with what you're saying. Did you test this firewall setting to see if the connection was blocked if the VPN lost connection? It's very easy to test. Send me a PM if you need help

chaichaoyi 02-16-2017 11:15 AM

How did "reverting to main IP" occur?

james929 02-16-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazubi (Post 830636)
Hi Guys,

We recently had over a few VPNs. All VPNs were operated on the same PC running VMware with different VM's (each VPN on a different VM).

To avoid linking, we used the Win7 built in firewall to disconnect ingoing+outgoing traffic in case of a VPN disconnection (using the home/public network profiles).

It all worked well, until all of our accounts got linked and deleted on the same day and we lost confidence in this system. The link was due to all of the VMs reverting to the main computer's IP, at different times.

We need your professional technical help to make sure we do everything right this time.

Please help us with the following issues:

Do you know of an extra layer to add to the firewall in case of VPN disconnection so that the VM will not revert to the main computer's original IP no matter what happens?

We have a few employees who require the windows built-in Remote Desktop tool to connect to each VM running a VPN (Teamviewer is way too slow). We tried setting up access to the VM (while connected to the VPN) using Remote Desktop but failed. Can you please advise how we can set up Windows Remote Desktop connection to a VM running VPN?

If we manage to solve these 2 issues we should be fine.
We would appreciate your specific and knowledgeable assistance.

Thank you

better to just use a new computer and dongle to avoid these complications

guitarca18 02-16-2017 01:14 PM

You could also use a vpn killswitch. They're pretty effective. I use VPNNetMon.

phaz0rz 02-16-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james921 (Post 830731)
better to just use a new computer and dongle to avoid these complications

In no way, shape, or form is it better to use a separate computer, lol. Virtualization is the future and is a more cost effective option, if you know how to use it. :thumb:

james929 02-16-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 830736)
In no way, shape, or form is it better to use a separate computer, lol. Virtualization is the future and is a more cost effective option, if you know how to use it. :thumb:

not if you make a mistake and lose all your account as the OP did..

m4x0r 02-17-2017 01:19 AM

I used vps and neve meet any problems

duanbo 02-19-2017 09:55 PM

I have few accounts running VMs on the same computer but I dont use any VPN. Am i missing something here?

duanbo 02-19-2017 10:04 PM

Are you using a VPN that uses static ip address or dynamic ip address? if its Dynamic IP address that might be the reason why your accounts got linked

elmo 02-20-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duanbo (Post 831497)
I have few accounts running VMs on the same computer but I dont use any VPN. Am i missing something here?

If you are using fresh IPs on all accounts then it's fine but it's much easier to have a VPN setup on each virtual machine so you don't have to worry about changing IPs

duanbo 02-20-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmo (Post 831587)
If you are using fresh IPs on all accounts then it's fine but it's much easier to have a VPN setup on each virtual machine so you don't have to worry about changing IPs

I have a usb wifi adapter for each account. I switch them everytime i change accounts. Is this considered using fresh IP ?

elmo 02-20-2017 10:13 PM

If each account has its own hotspot provider (like verizon/att/tmobile) then you don't have to track Ips and yes they will be as good as fresh IPs. But if you use the same hotspot for multiple accounts, then you need to keep track of the IPs that way you don't run into the same IP on multiple accounts

feadup 02-21-2017 01:13 AM

well...from what you wrote I can tell you yes 100% you ll be linked ...
1- canvas fingerprint.
2- webgl
3- webrtc

these are just a start , there many other factors but lets summrise them..:
1- browser.... what info the browser gives about you.
2- your behaviour.

before burning more accounts, read alot

duanbo 02-21-2017 02:02 AM

If I start using VPN now, do i purchase 1 VPN per VMware account or 1 VPN will work with many accounts ?

bakica 02-21-2017 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duanbo (Post 831498)
Are you using a VPN that uses static ip address or dynamic ip address? if its Dynamic IP address that might be the reason why your accounts got linked

I also think the VPN might be the issue and got your accounts linked. If you're using VPN from the same provider the accounts probably end up with the same IP at a time.

About the RD you can manualy add your local IP address to each VM in order to be able to access the VM when connected to a VPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesNorth101 02-21-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duanbo (Post 831690)
If I start using VPN now, do i purchase 1 VPN per VMware account or 1 VPN will work with many accounts ?

1 static IP VPN and 1 VM per account

elmo 02-21-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakica (Post 831713)
I also think the VPN might be the issue and got your accounts linked. If you're using VPN from the same provider the accounts probably end up with the same IP at a time.

About the RD you can manualy add your local IP address to each VM in order to be able to access the VM when connected to a VPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a good idea to have multiple providers :thumb:

frksmth 02-21-2017 07:54 AM

Important Set Up Question for The Professional Sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by duanbo (Post 831627)
I have a usb wifi adapter for each account. I switch them everytime i change accounts. Is this considered using fresh IP ?

Do you have a separate connection (SIM) for each usb wifi adapter? If you're using the same SIM or even same network for a different wifi adapter, the IPs may recycle and cause linking. Also, if you're using VMs and separate usb wifi connections, it may be best to disable the LAN (or whatever main internet connection you have for the PC) so that there are no problems even if the usb wifi connection fails.

PS: I was with the three network and had two separate connections. However, I noticed that one IP was recycled to the other connection over a three month period. It happened just once or twice so far so I'm sure it's not a common occurrence. That's why I always log the IP even if I use different connections with the same provider.

frksmth 02-21-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazubi (Post 830636)
Hi Guys,

Thank you

How do you know for sure that the reason for linking was the IP address?

duanbo 02-23-2017 05:20 PM

Im using the same provider for all my different usb wifi. So i guess ill start using VPN

elmo 02-23-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duanbo (Post 832318)
Im using the same provider for all my different usb wifi. So i guess ill start using VPN

Yes highly recommend 24vc. Great company :thumb: