Systemic Amazon UK Ban starting? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-25-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Systemic Amazon UK Ban starting?

As feared, I ignored Amazon UK's request for doc for too long.

Today, three of my separate, unlinked (or so I think) Amazon UK accounts got closed around the same time. The timing is definitely weird, so I am not sure whether this is platform-wide measure or just targeting me. Now I can no longer sign in, and I received the following email:

"Hello,

Your account has failed our verification process. As a result, you can no longer sell on any of Amazon’s European marketplaces or access Seller Central. This decision is final and not subject to appeal.

If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

Please contact payments-investigate@amazon.co.uk if you have questions about funds.

If you have any items stored in Amazon’s fulfilment centres, please contact remove-my-inventory@amazon.co.uk to request the return or disposal of your inventory.

Sincerely,

The Amazon Payments Team"

Good part is that Amazon UK is straightforward about "you can't access seller central" (aka. deletion) and "whom to contact to get the fund in your account". This is so much better than Amazon US that much shadier.

Bad part is, of course, from now on I can no longer operate on Amazon UK given the recent tightening in doc requirement

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-25-2017 at 05:56 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Systemic Amazon UK Ban starting?

Its sound like your accounts have been linked after Amazon reviewed your account in a bit more details when you failed to send in what they requested

As of the start of this year Amazon really upped their linking game in the UK so things that used to work to prevent linking no longer work. You have to take a few extra steps to prevent linking now

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-25-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
What did you think was going to happen? You didn't actually think they were just going to leave it, did you?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-25-2017 at 05:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
What did you think was going to happen? You didn't actually think they were just going to leave it, did you?
Good one Ebayorbust - ignore and it will eventually go away....
Old 02-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Not really gonna do finger-pointing, but Elmo was advising us to ignore the request for a moment because the current doc request is crazy (i.e. no such thing as business license in UK) and thus the verification policy may eventually change.
Old 02-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Rule of the thumb #578 clearly reads:
If you ignore a problem for long enough, it'll just go away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Haidukken For This Useful Post:
instaify (03-01-2017)
Old 02-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Did you get asked for a business licence on a UK Amazon while selling as a UK seller?

Things like a business licence for a UK seller don't exist so cannot be provide. Everything that can be provided should be though if request. There isn't really that much of an issue in the UK when it comes to providing things like that.
Old 02-25-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaichaoyi View Post
Not really gonna do finger-pointing, but Elmo was advising us to ignore the request for a moment because the current doc request is crazy (i.e. no such thing as business license in UK) and thus the verification policy may eventually change.
I'm guessing the UK account asked for business license? I have seen it requested a few times but there is no such document in the UK. So that's why I suggested to let the request cool off as Amazon figures it out on their end. But I don't think you would be suspended for that, my guess was they linked you in some way to another account.
Old 02-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Never ignore their doc request, if you can't provide it then simply write to them and they will come back to you for alternate document
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Ebayorbust (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Never ignore their doc request, if you can't provide it then simply write to them and they will come back to you for alternate document
BINGO! We have a winner!

This is exactly what should have been done.

Supply what you can out the list requested. The one(s) that can't be provided due to not being applicable (ie business license in the UK), upload a txt / doc file stating that there is no such thing in the UK and ask what else they would like supplied instead.

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 02-26-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-01-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 45%

Quote:

Today, three of my separate, unlinked (or so I think) Amazon UK accounts got closed around the same time. The timing is definitely weird, so I am not sure whether this is platform-wide measure or just targeting me. Now I can no longer sign in, and I received the following email:

"Hello,

Your account has failed our verification process. As a result, you can no longer sell on any of Amazon’s European marketplaces or access Seller Central. This decision is final and not subject to appeal.

If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

Please contact payments-investigate@amazon.co.uk if you have questions about funds.

If you have any items stored in Amazon’s fulfilment centres, please contact remove-my-inventory@amazon.co.uk to request the return or disposal of your inventory.

Sincerely,

Good part is that Amazon UK is straightforward about "you can't access seller central" (aka. deletion) and "whom to contact to get the fund in your account". This is so much better than Amazon US that much shadier.

Bad part is, of course, from now on I can no longer operate on Amazon UK given the recent tightening in doc requirement

Amazon seller scams are on the rise since last year, i would say that why they are getting strict with verification, using their verification systems more that were lenient in the past.

I can imagine it was triggered from there pervious thirty million dollar lawsuit from a family's house that was burned down by ⊗⊗⊗⊗ hover board and all the Christmas scams while both these cases resulted into there being no seller to be found. They see it a liability if even one thing isn't verified they take action to banning to protect themselves.

I have personally seen on my own listing go from 15 "new" sellers and within fews week to myself only left but I was using my real account and didn't get affected.
Old 03-01-2017

Longevity: 56%

I got questioned for a LOAD of documents in Jan. I would provide them, then they would ask for more. Then they asked for 2 of the same things they asked for the first time. After 3 different submissions and me not holding any hope, they confirmed all was ok and reinstated me
Old 03-03-2017

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:

"Hello,

Sincerely,

Hi
Did you have any funds in your accoount at the time of deletion?
Old 03-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by instaify View Post
Amazon seller scams are on the rise since last year, i would say that why they are getting strict with verification, using their verification systems more that were lenient in the past.

I can imagine it was triggered from there pervious thirty million dollar lawsuit from a family's house that was burned down by ⊗⊗⊗⊗ hover board and all the Christmas scams while both these cases resulted into there being no seller to be found. They see it a liability if even one thing isn't verified they take action to banning to protect themselves.

I have personally seen on my own listing go from 15 "new" sellers and within fews week to myself only left but I was using my real account and didn't get affected.
This is very true and most likely the reason they have been doing a recent upgrade to their security/tracking systems.
Old 03-03-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

I just want to emphasise on the point above because it is very very very important. You do not under any circumstance ignore any of Amazon's requests, correspondance, phone calls etc.

You comply to the best of your ability. If you are stuck, reach out to the forums. Ignoring it alltogether it just asking for trouble.

No such a thing as cooling off with Amazon requests. The more you procrastinate, the worst it gets.