Amazon "New" Two-Step-Verification - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Re: Amazon "New" Two-Step-Verification

Also you add your number and then they want to have another number for backing up, what has to be different from the first number.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

That is correct.
Old 05-08-2017

Longevity: 51%

any way to use 1 phone for multiple amazon accounts with the authenticator app or is that not possible?
Old 05-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Personally I use phone #s for all my accounts, via SMS

Using the same Authenticator App on multiple accounts should be tested/researched before jumping in. Just in case there is a way they can link multiple accounts with it.

Since this two-step verification is relatively new on amazon, I don't think we will hear much about people using Authenticator Apps for multiple amazon accounts quite yet.

For now the safest bet would be to get yourself some phone #s and keeping them active.
Old 05-09-2017

Longevity: 71%

So you have 2 phone numbers per account? Since they ask for a back up # ?
Old 05-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Correct if you want a back up.

If you don't, you could probably make one up. But realize the risk.
Old 05-09-2017

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
Correct if you want a back up.

If you don't, you could probably make one up. But realize the risk.
Using the win auth authentication app should do the trick

There is no way amazon can link you if this is used multiple times as the app only provides a unique number to the 'code' given

So on each account - 1 new number from a mobile phone and the win auth app should do the trick
Old 05-09-2017

Longevity: 69%

one of my stealth accounts is over a year old and there is no notification or emails stating I need to set up 2 step verification
Old 05-10-2017

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

i have received this message more than 1 month ago, seems UK accounts are not forced to do it, i just ignored that message and everything is fine. ( my account is more than 1 year old)
Old 05-10-2017

Longevity: 40%

Ill add another thing to this thread i found out yesterday.

If you have 2 step authenticity on your account. Even when you call into amazon they can not get into the account without sending a code to your phone and you telling them the code over the phone.

Was adding information to an a-z claim made against me by some scammer and called into amazon to explain my side of the story. Customer service send a code to my phone and asked me for the code to get access to account information.

Just a heads up if you guys are using google voice or disposable phone numbers.

Last edited by MikeRock; 05-10-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-10-2017

If you are using VMs I would suggest a copy of WInAuth in each VM you use and keeping a copy of the secret key given by amazon so you can add extra authentication apps later if you need to. The Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (TOTP) used doesn't need to connect to Amazon.

If you don't have access to the number in your seller account you can add a new mobile number just for 2FA use (will be verified by SMS/Voice) as a back up.

This is on amazon.co.uk, otehr sites may have different rules.
Old 05-10-2017

Longevity: 92%

Got this on an account over a year old so I started the process but realized I didn't have a second google voice number so I stopped at the backup. Pretty insane they want two phone numbers. Do normal people even have two phone numbers anymore?

Also reading through the documentation I found this:

"Simplifying your login
To simplify login on computers and devices that you routinely use, you can tell us not to ask for a security code so that you won't need to enter a code each time you sign in. Afterward, that computer or device will only ask for your password when you sign in."

Where do we do this and does this violate their process if we received the notice?
Old 05-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRock View Post
Ill add another thing to this thread i found out yesterday.

If you have 2 step authenticity on your account. Even when you call into amazon they can not get into the account without sending a code to your phone and you telling them the code over the phone.

Was adding information to an a-z claim made against me by some scammer and called into amazon to explain my side of the story. Customer service send a code to my phone and asked me for the code to get access to account information.

Just a heads up if you guys are using google voice or disposable phone numbers.
Good info mate!
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
MikeRock (05-12-2017)
Old 05-10-2017

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft16 View Post
If you are using VMs I would suggest a copy of WInAuth in each VM you use and keeping a copy of the secret key given by amazon so you can add extra authentication apps later if you need to. The Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (TOTP) used doesn't need to connect to Amazon.

If you don't have access to the number in your seller account you can add a new mobile number just for 2FA use (will be verified by SMS/Voice) as a back up.

This is on amazon.co.uk, otehr sites may have different rules.
Looks like this worked for US too. Cool only need to use one phone number and its the backup with this method.
Old 05-12-2017

Quote:
Personally I use phone #s for all my accounts, via SMS

Using the same Authenticator App on multiple accounts should be tested/researched before jumping in. Just in case there is a way they can link multiple accounts with it.

Since this two-step verification is relatively new on amazon, I don't think we will hear much about people using Authenticator Apps for multiple amazon accounts quite yet.

For now the safest bet would be to get yourself some phone #s and keeping them active.

Ok if i would use the Google Authenticator App on my phone and on a separate phone this can not be linked in any way right?

Also how about to get a Skype number?

Also i ready that it will be required to all Amazon.com account by June 30, 2017.
Old 05-12-2017
Threadstarter  

You can use google authenticator APP without an internet connection

So it seems a link would not be possible, although personally have never used an athenticstor on multiple accounts.
Old 05-12-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane View Post
i have received this message more than 1 month ago, seems UK accounts are not forced to do it, i just ignored that message and everything is fine. ( my account is more than 1 year old)
The message says you will loose access to seller central if you do not activate 2FA by the 30th June. Sure everything is fine now, but you might have a nasty surprise on the 1st July.

Ignoring that message would be very risky.

There is no downside that I can see, and for most people if you white list the device/computer/VM you use the most you will probably only need the 2FA when calling Amazon or using a new computer.
Old 05-12-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Once you get the notification to setup two-step verification, you'll be asked to provide a number for SMS text, or to connect an Authenticator App. The original number on the account is not necessary. Just be prepared to either get an active number (and keep it active), or familiarize yourself with one of several Authenticator Apps. I personally use multiple phone #s for all my accounts.
Hi Elmo, do you use Google voice phone numbers for your multiple accounts? How do we get Google voice to forward to our current phone? I think I gotta do more reading of that guide..
Old 05-12-2017

i doubt he's gonna answer that but i use super cheap method i found since i started this stealth thing last month is H20 wireless. You can buy an unlocked gsm att phone either from the or ebay for $20-30. Get a free sim card from H20 wireless with 100 mins for $10 good for 90 days. Get as many as you need for accounts.

So far ive set up 3 different accounts on amazon and ebay/paypal using h20 and my accounts have gone threw so far with no problem. Made purchases from just about all the accounts so far. All 3 of my initial ebay limits where 50/$5k which legit bank accounts and cards.

Only time will tell but i dont plan to list anything on these accounts for around 90 days each...just purchases and building cookies. Maybe a super low risk sale or 2 after 45 days or so. Just dont wanna burn new accounts that might have been set up right
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRock For This Useful Post:
GhostShell (05-13-2017)
Old 05-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostShell View Post
Hi Elmo, do you use Google voice phone numbers for your multiple accounts? How do we get Google voice to forward to our current phone? I think I gotta do more reading of that guide..
Yes I use google voice. You can get 2 google voice #s for every phone # you verify through google voice. So I take 1 prepaid phone number, make and make 2 google voices with that prepaid number, for a total of 3 usable numbers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
GhostShell (05-13-2017), tilpatin (06-12-2017)
Old 05-13-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRock View Post
i doubt he's gonna answer that but i use super cheap method i found since i started this stealth thing last month is H20 wireless. You can buy an unlocked gsm att phone either from the or ebay for $20-30. Get a free sim card from H20 wireless with 100 mins for $10 good for 90 days. Get as many as you need for accounts.

So far ive set up 3 different accounts on amazon and ebay/paypal using h20 and my accounts have gone threw so far with no problem. Made purchases from just about all the accounts so far. All 3 of my initial ebay limits where 50/$5k which legit bank accounts and cards.

Only time will tell but i dont plan to list anything on these accounts for around 90 days each...just purchases and building cookies. Maybe a super low risk sale or 2 after 45 days or so. Just dont wanna burn new accounts that might have been set up right
MikeRock, thanks for the advice. And what's with the not listing anything for around 90 days thingy? Is there anything that we should be cautious about after creating our stealth account? Is it that we need to take care about sales velocity - not too many sales in too soon a time? Does Amazon really have a sales limit like eBay?
Old 05-13-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Yes I use google voice. You can get 2 google voice #s for every phone # you verify through google voice. So I take 1 prepaid phone number, make and make 2 google voices with that prepaid number, for a total of 3 usable numbers.
Hi Elmo, thanks for the reply. I am an international seller and I was initially apprehensive about going for Google voice. Good to hear I can use this method and that it works for you, as I have read from other forums that Google/Skype numbers are not recommended blah blah.