Other uncommon things that amazon could track - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Other uncommon things that amazon could track

Recently came across this page:
http://www.elfqrin.com/binfo.shtml

it shows what can be discovered about your browser. Let me know what you think about this, can it be used against you?

I was surprised to see some things in there. As some posters have mentioned there is a probability that amazon is utilizing a system where it adds negative points for various ways you browser looks like it could be a bad account while you open it by checking your cookies, IP, location, maybe browser info as well. If you have certain add-ons in firefox, etc. perhaps they can track you down by seeing that another user has the same add-ons as a blocked one.

Someone mentioned they use Cookie Cleaner. Would that be necessary if your firefox clears private data on close? If you have flash uninstalled, would there still be SOL objects or anything like that by the way?

I've been ghosted a lot on amazon now where you just can't log in anymore and get an invalid login message. So let's figure this out and defeat this monster we have created.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2009

Longevity: 98%

All the info the site pulls is from Javascript.
Old 05-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

amazon uses cookies, flash cookies, ip address to track you...nothing more nothing less.

of course you must change all of your inputted info to stealth info as per the ebay method mentioned on this forum.

the ONE difference that they do that ebay dosen't do so well...track the catergory that you START an amazon account with. if it matches the catergory that you started off and primarily sell with, you will get banned if you are in the same ip range using the same ISP. You need to switch up to new catergories at first to throw off the amazon 'bot. then EASE into sales over a course of a few weeks and get back to business.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaykilla For This Useful Post:
surcerouche (10-08-2009)
Old 08-20-2009

Longevity: 85%

So if "amazon uses cookies, flash cookies, ip address to track you...nothing more nothing less." then one should have no trouble with any of the 3 if they:

1) Wipe their computer completely clean and reinstall windows
2) Change Mac address of the computer and router thus changing the ip
3) Never use the computer for anything other than for Amazon (avoiding any
tracking via cookies)

Correct? (assuming that all of the other stealth steps were done correctly)
Old 08-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

You can use the computer for other things...just use a separate user account for amazon. Make sure you list something in a totally different catergory than what was banned when you first list. List nothing else for a week then add bank account. Then SLOWLY add product (5 items a week).
Old 08-20-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Don't go changing your mac address constantly. That will get you on **** lists you don't want to be on. You're better off buying new nic cards.
Old 08-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

do you really have to sell anything you list? I mean, I could list 20 things and overprice them. Then in a couple weeks, get back to what I 'normally' sell.
Old 08-21-2009

Longevity: 85%

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. I sell games but for the time being will "sell" under health & beauty, pet product, etc. All overpriced of course. Then gradually will get back to my games.
Old 08-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
Don't go changing your mac address constantly. That will get you on **** lists you don't want to be on. You're better off buying new nic cards.
I disagree with this...I have yet to see backlash for this practice when opening my accounts. I change the mac address on my router all of the time.
Old 08-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Hey killa, I was actually talking about law enforcement. That's why I stress it's important to be clean when doing stealth, more so than on a regular account. We don't want all these loopholes closed because a few bad apples decided to continue their scamming ways on stealth accounts.
Old 08-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Maybe ebaykilla is confusing changing the mac address with changing the IP address? I dunno. Anyway, I always try to run a pretty clean operation and not run afoul of obvious violations like selling copied media. My strong view on the matter is that while you can fool around with civil matters like selling oem software, do not ever dance with the criminal offenses.
Old 08-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I don't think so. He has referred specifically to changing his MAC more than once. He has also stated firmly and repeatedly that he does no believe MAC is important and that he doesn't change MAC.

I wonder how it can be both ways. Something in Denmark is supremely malodorous. I wonder who the employer is on his form W-4. I bet it ain't eBay or iOffer.

Conflicting statements made by just ONE individual can be very confusing to a stupid techno-geek like myself.
Old 08-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
amazon uses cookies, flash cookies, ip address to track you...nothing more nothing less.

of course you must change all of your inputted info to stealth info as per the ebay method mentioned on this forum.

the ONE difference that they do that ebay dosen't do so well...track the catergory that you START an amazon account with. if it matches the catergory that you started off and primarily sell with, you will get banned if you are in the same ip range using the same ISP. You need to switch up to new catergories at first to throw off the amazon 'bot. then EASE into sales over a course of a few weeks and get back to business.
Definitely a good post
Old 08-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Primary aim of the forum is for getting back to ebay. This subforum was opened as a courtesy to see if it could help users. No help appears apparent by the flaming going on. Time out thanks.

Thread closed until further notice.