Amazon asking about related account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-17-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Amazon asking about related account

Here is the email I received from Amazon:

Quote:
Dear Seller,

As we continue to ensure our marketplace is safe and trustworthy for both buyers and sellers, we would like your help. Amazon prohibits the use or maintenance of more than one seller account. We understand that in certain circumstances you may need to use multiple accounts or associate one or more accounts to your seller account. In an effort to better understand the business requirements that you may have for multiple or related accounts, we request you to list these accounts in Seller Central along with the reason for relating them to your seller account.

Simply click or copy and paste the link below into your web browser to access your account within Seller Central and provide any and all email addresses and reasons for their use – it’s that easy.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/related-accounts

For more information, see the following Help page:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202146190

Regards,
Amazon Services
Apparently, Amazon allows "multiple" accounts within 1 household now. This is the second email I received in the last 10 days or so. The thing is, my other account suppose to be "stealth". I use VPN, in a different computer, different address, bank account, etc. I don't know how did they find out. They only send this email to my main account, not my second one.
Question:
- Should I follow their instruction and register my second one as "related account", choosing the reason: "Another member of my household run a separate business"
- Or should I just ignore it, pretend I do not know anything about it? Because it looks like they're fishing to me

What do you think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-17-2017

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Amazon asking about related account

We have yet to receive that email on our accounts. It sounds like they are fishing to see if you have multiple accounts. Its up to you to respond, if its not a legit reason like they claim, i highly doubt they will be nice and say, thats fine, just use only one, they will probably block both and log all the data. I'd ignore it.
Old 07-17-2017

Longevity: 65%

Yeah it seems like they found a small link of some kind to another related account and want you to come clean about it.

They haven't found enough to limit you but I would say you are travelling around and do not have any other accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (07-18-2017)
Old 07-17-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

I would not recommend to link these you may get more problems, Amazon never nice with sellers
Old 07-17-2017

lol, i love how they say, just click the link and divulge all your details to us, its that easy. I think of them as the police, they act like your friend only to lock you up and press charges. They are not your friends. I dealt with them once way back, and despite a great action plan that solved the issue, they didn't even read it, just thanks for writing about your blocked account, now go on your merry way, its staying blocked. Worst experience ever.
Old 07-17-2017

Be careful with that or those accounts, with that email your on their radar and they will be watching you closely from now on. Probably annotated it on their end so they know to look for linking details to shut it down.
Old 07-17-2017

Longevity: 69%

I think everyone is getting this email. I only have one account and received it 2 months ago
Old 07-18-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 40%

I'm just afraid that they might know something, and if I don't report the related account, they will ban both of my accounts, and saying that: we gave you two notice, and you didn't report it. If it's only 1 message, I would ignore it (i was ignored it actually). But this is the second message 7 days apart. Sound like 2 warning.
Old 07-18-2017

Longevity: 52%

I don't think it's a matter of "they allow multiple accounts from one address now". They allow you to have more than one account per address. They aren't going to shut you down for that. But, the accounts are linked and when one goes down, they all will
Old 07-18-2017

They don't send it to everyone; we havent received it. If you received it 2 times they are definitely fishing. Do they sell different items entirely? You could say you have 2 and they are for 2 different reasons thats why. say you thought you could have 1 account per business.
Old 07-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Rule #1 of dealing with Law Enforcement:

NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE.

Think of Amazon like a couple of cops just "asking some questions".

Don't say anything.
Old 07-18-2017

Couldn't agree more with Ghost. The police probe until they can find evidence to arrest or convict. They are asking because they want that evidence they don't have. You give it to them and they will arrest (shut you down); if they can't arrest (shut you down), then they cannot do anything. Does it say if this does not apply to you, please ignore?
Old 07-18-2017

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 47%

I receive this message earlier and my account got suspended. My new account was created just a day then i received this message.

Dear Seller,

Our records indicate that you may own multiple seller accounts. Amazon’s policies strictly prohibit operating or maintaining multiple accounts. Exceptions are granted on a case-by-case basis based on each seller’s circumstances. If you currently have multiple seller accounts, have operated or maintained more than one seller account in the past, or if any members of your household (besides yourself) have operated or maintained a seller account, please reply to this email with the following information:

- The email address(es) associated with each account you own
- The email address(es) associated with each account owned by members of your household other than yourself
- The reason(s) why you need to operate each account

Failure to disclosure your accounts may result in a loss of selling privileges.

If you only own one account, have never owned more than one account in the past, and no one else in your household has or has had an account, please disregard this notice.
Old 07-19-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbear View Post
I receive this message earlier and my account got suspended. My new account was created just a day then i received this message.

Dear Seller,

Our records indicate that you may own multiple seller accounts. Amazon’s policies strictly prohibit operating or maintaining multiple accounts. Exceptions are granted on a case-by-case basis based on each seller’s circumstances. If you currently have multiple seller accounts, have operated or maintained more than one seller account in the past, or if any members of your household (besides yourself) have operated or maintained a seller account, please reply to this email with the following information:

- The email address(es) associated with each account you own
- The email address(es) associated with each account owned by members of your household other than yourself
- The reason(s) why you need to operate each account

Failure to disclosure your accounts may result in a loss of selling privileges.

If you only own one account, have never owned more than one account in the past, and no one else in your household has or has had an account, please disregard this notice.
We received this email last year, We ignored it and nothing happened.

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse"
Old 07-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

If your account gets suspended then you get that email they obviously already linked you. Like others have mentioned, if a copy has evidence, he's going to go ahead and arrest you. He might still question you afterwards, but if he doesn't have the right to arrest you he's going to try to get you to give him a reason to.

If your account was suspended you should just fess up and apologize. Try to come up with a legitimate reason for another account (backup isn't a good reason FYI) or feign ignorance.
Old 07-19-2017

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
If your account gets suspended then you get that email they obviously already linked you. Like others have mentioned, if a copy has evidence, he's going to go ahead and arrest you. He might still question you afterwards, but if he doesn't have the right to arrest you he's going to try to get you to give him a reason to.

If your account was suspended you should just fess up and apologize. Try to come up with a legitimate reason for another account (backup isn't a good reason FYI) or feign ignorance.
Why didn't they just suspend both of my accounts if they already linked them. The new account is still running. Any Clue?
Old 07-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Why don't you ask them?