Amazon search and linkage - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-06-2017

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%
Default Amazon search and linkage

What information is known about searching specific items on Amazon (asin or isbn) and how this behaviour and the searches you make can link you to another account?

I have several virtual machines on VPN's on my machine but they are 1/4 (sometimes worse) the speed of my normal machine. This is despite them being allocated 6gb of ram and having a barebone window 7 install and having a meaty rig.

I make niche searches for specific asins (hundreds, if not thousands) to research pricing and offerings. This cant be satisfactory streamlined on my VPN to "shelter" the searches to one of my stealth accounts because the inefficiency in speed and unreliableness.

So once again, can making niche searches on my local machine on my suspended Amazon account for items that are in my stealth account (or subsequently listed after) incur potential linkage to my stealth accounts?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Amazon search and linkage

I think you are overthinking here and there. Why would you search for your own products?

Also check out the Tools & Software Section for correct setup of VM. Yours must suck, if you have allocated 6GB of ram.

My guests with 1GB ram and WinXP are almost as fast as the host.
Old 11-06-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
I think you are overthinking here and there. Why would you search for your own products?

Also check out the Tools & Software Section for correct setup of VM. Yours must suck, if you have allocated 6GB of ram.

My guests with 1GB ram and WinXP are almost as fast as the host.
For regular repricing and researching new products I have in stock and which I will be buying.

Theres 6gb on it.
Old 11-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Anyone?

I have over 1000 asins for higher ticket value used textbooks that are all 100+ days outdated in their pricing so they need an adjustment. I want to be able to efficiently and safely research each asin and reprice accordingly. I don't mind manually checking because repricers don't do justice and are a waste of money. They don't account for unique circumstances in the used book market or other niche variables only a human can see which will cost me thousands of dollars.

I dont want to use my stealth account in its VMware + VPN because:

1) It is slow (1/4 the speed, usually worse). It will take a very very long time to do.
2) The less time I spend clicking through thousands of pages on AMZ the less chance an opportunity to **** up presents itself. Despite using a Windows firewall rule and VPNCheck Pro to auto-close the browser if the VPN disconnects there is still a 1-2 second window where the browser and connection stays open and leaks my ip (i've done tests which shows this).

If you have a similar setup with a firewall and a killswitch go to 24vc.com on your stealth account so you can see your stealth ip. Start rapidly refreshing the page by quickly tapping "F5" and then disconnect from the VPN while you do. Before the firewall or the killswitch kills the connection and closes the browser 24vc.com will show your local ip.

Quickly browsing through thousands of pages to manually inspect asins for repricing would be similar to this "F5" experience as I am almost constantly moving through pages and a single burp from 24vc.com with an outage YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ****ED. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. GOOD BYE! YOU ARE LINKED! GET ****ED!

Because of the above concerns I want to use my local machine to search. Its very fast and im already using a suspended IP. The only question is: Will my search behaviour for these thousands of very specific asins and subsequent price change on my stealth account for these specific asins (because I am repricing them) create a linkage?

What are everyones thoughts?

FYI: The suspended inventory on my stealth account is all FBA. I have a 10:1 of overpriced filler asins as merchant fulfilled.

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 11-09-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Anyone?

I have over 1000 asins for higher ticket value used textbooks that are all 100+ days outdated in their pricing so they need an adjustment. I want to be able to efficiently and safely research each asin and reprice accordingly. I don't mind manually checking because repricers don't do justice and are a waste of money. They don't account for unique circumstances in the used book market or other niche variables only a human can see which will cost me thousands of dollars.

I dont want to use my stealth account in its VMware + VPN because:

1) It is slow (1/4 the speed, usually worse). It will take a very very long time to do.
2) The less time I spend clicking through thousands of pages on AMZ the less chance an opportunity to **** up presents itself. Despite using a Windows firewall rule and VPNCheck Pro to auto-close the browser if the VPN disconnects there is still a 1-2 second window where the browser and connection stays open and leaks my ip (i've done tests which shows this).

If you have a similar setup with a firewall and a killswitch go to 24vc.com on your stealth account so you can see your stealth ip. Start rapidly refreshing the page by quickly tapping "F5" and then disconnect from the VPN while you do. Before the firewall or the killswitch kills the connection and closes the browser 24vc.com will show your local ip.

Quickly browsing through thousands of pages to manually inspect asins for repricing would be similar to this "F5" experience as I am almost constantly moving through pages and a single burp from 24vc.com with an outage YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ****ED. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. GOOD BYE! YOU ARE LINKED! GET ****ED!

Because of the above concerns I want to use my local machine to search. Its very fast and im already using a suspended IP. The only question is: Will my search behaviour for these thousands of very specific asins and subsequent price change on my stealth account for these specific asins (because I am repricing them) create a linkage?

What are everyones thoughts?

FYI: The suspended inventory on my stealth account is all FBA. I have a 10:1 of overpriced filler asins as merchant fulfilled.
I think I understand what you mean, but I don't think you'll be linked just by searching. However I agree that it's way better to be safe than sorry.

So why not have one VM just for research. You don't even have to make an amazon account I believe if you just wanna use the search function. Just use WinXP tiny, give it 1GB of RAM safe as single file, install browser get a VPN or use dongle and you're good to go. Simple stealth setup
The Following User Says Thank You to dachilla For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (11-09-2017)
Old 11-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
I think I understand what you mean, but I don't think you'll be linked just by searching. However I agree that it's way better to be safe than sorry.

So why not have one VM just for research. You don't even have to make an amazon account I believe if you just wanna use the search function. Just use WinXP tiny, give it 1GB of RAM safe as single file, install browser get a VPN or use dongle and you're good to go. Simple stealth setup
Thank you Dachilla. TinyXP + VPN + VM + No AMZ account could be an option. Being cost conscious though I'd refrain from paying for an additional VPN for a research only VPN. With 3 VPN's right now and the slow sales this gets exceedingly expensive.

Can any others (Dachilla, feel free to share additional thoughts) share thoughts on making AMZ asin searches and linkage?

The operations I would conduct with searching AMZ using my local machine with suspended IP will include:

1. Research asins on AMZ and then reprice the exact same asins I searched on my stealth account.

2. Search asins for pricing on AMZ as I acquire new inventory and then upload the exact same asin inventory right after to my stealth account.
Old 11-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Thank you Dachilla. TinyXP + VPN + VM + No AMZ account could be an option. Being cost conscious though I'd refrain from paying for an additional VPN for a research only VPN. With 3 VPN's right now and the slow sales this gets exceedingly expensive.

Can any others (Dachilla, feel free to share additional thoughts) share thoughts on making AMZ asin searches and linkage?

The operations I would conduct with searching AMZ using my local machine with suspended IP will include:

1. Research asins on AMZ and then reprice the exact same asins I searched on my stealth account.

2. Search asins for pricing on AMZ as I acquire new inventory and then upload the exact same asin inventory right after to my stealth account.
Since it's just for searching you can use free versions of tunnelbear or hidemyass, I can't see the need of having a Dedicated IP for that.

If you don't have winxp flying around at home, ubuntu might be a free alternative.

Last edited by dachilla; 11-12-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

We don't know.

There's no proof they DO track your search reason, but they certainly CAN if they so decided to.

Also, you can set up Windows Firewall to automatically deny internet access if your VPN fails.

Google it, it's not that difficult.