Amazon VCC AVS Cards, What Does It Mean? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-21-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Amazon VCC AVS Cards, What Does It Mean?

Alright so this is a newbie question, one I should have been gotten clarification on however what is AVS exactly. I can obviously go do a Google Search and get a response like this;

"AVS is used when the merchant verifies credit card data, such as billing address and ZIP code, against the Visa/MasterCard billing information of the cardholder. AVS verifies that the billing address of the credit or debit card matches the address that was given by the customer."

Which sounds right in all, however when the sellers in marketplace say they are selling "Amazon AVS Cards" they always allow me to use any address I want as the billing address when registering the card with amazon thus spoofing the AVS system to somehow.

This makes sense also because it is exactly what I want it to do, but it don't make sense how something called AVS (Address Verification System) is literally doing the opposite. Either this or we should be calling the cards "AVS Bypass Cards" or something more creative. This is confusing as hell when trying to speak to someone about this who has less knowledge than me on the topic.
The Following User Says Thank You to technokidd1 For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (12-25-2017)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-25-2017

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Amazon VCC AVS Cards, What Does It Mean?

From my understanding what they are selling in the marketplace are VCC's which automatically give a "yes" for any AVS inquiry. This is like using a cheat code.

Of course the source of the VCC is highly secretive and no one will tell you what kind of card it is or where to get one.

To bypass purchasing VCC's I suggest you use a real Visa / Mastercard debit from your bank and change your billing address of your bank to your stealth address to bypass AVS verification.

Debit is much better than credit because the address will not show on your credit report...but it may show in some sort of publicSIN/SSN-based credit checking system / database showing all your prior authorization billing addresses from your banks. So down the road when you apply for a mortgage a banker will see 30+ billing addresses on your file. This is what I am currently trying to figure out. I do banking in Canada and the USA so the question applies for both countries in my case.

This is the thread source where I learned of this:

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon...s-trouble.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianleaf For This Useful Post:
sdzc (02-23-2020)
Old 12-26-2017

Longevity: 65%

An amazon seller account charge card does not typically use AVS, so most cards will work as long as they’re not already blacklisted (most are)

An amazon buyer account typically does use AVS, so you’ll need a card with a billing address that matches the address on amazon
Old 12-26-2017

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
An amazon seller account charge card does not typically use AVS, so most cards will work as long as they’re not already blacklisted (most are)
When you say "amazon seller account charge card does not typically use AVS" what are you referring to? Are you referring to VCC's from the aspkin marketplace? Personal credit cards or debit cards? Are you referring to Amazon's behavior in verifying the AVS of seller charge cards? This is very unclear.

After I read this I attempted to use my Visa Debit card from one of my Canadian banks with mismatching AVS and it did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
An amazon buyer account typically does use AVS, so you’ll need a card with a billing address that matches the address on amazon
Again, what are you referring to? Amazon's card verification behavior? Or the behavior of certain cards themselves?
Old 12-26-2017

Longevity: 65%

Yes Amazons card verification behavior.

Most real debit/credit cards will work with mismatching billing for seller charge cards

However, for buyer accounts, they will often not work and you need the billing to match.