Policy violation - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-31-2018

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 70%
Default Policy violation

Is an invoice enough to remove a policy violation or do you need the rights owner to retract the violation? I was approved last month for an asin with a legit invoice and today the entire page is taken down(page not found) and I received a warning.

I just want the mark removed from my account so should i fight it with Amazon with the invoice or do I need to fight with the rights owner? I dont want to lose any chances I have :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-01-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Policy violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
Is an invoice enough to remove a policy violation or do you need the rights owner to retract the violation? I was approved last month for an asin with a legit invoice and today the entire page is taken down(page not found) and I received a warning.

I just want the mark removed from my account so should i fight it with Amazon with the invoice or do I need to fight with the rights owner? I dont want to lose any chances I have :(
It depends, was it a rights owner violation, in the email you get, they will state if they would like you to have the rights owner retract their complaint.
Old 06-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Hello,

We are contacting you because we received a report of trademark infringement from the rights owner listed below. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to create listings or detail pages that infringe trademark rights.

We removed the content listed at the end of this email. We may let you list this content again if we receive a retraction from the rights owner. Their contact information can be found below.

xxxx Amazon Administrator
xxxx@brandprotect.com

If the rights owner agrees to retract their complaint, they must send the retraction to us at notice-dispute@amazon.com.

If you believe that the reported content does not infringe the rights owner’s trademark, you may email notice-dispute@amazon.com. with supporting information.

If the rights owner does not retract their complaint, or you do not provide supporting information, we may provide your contact information to the rights owner upon their request.

We consider intellectual property infringements a serious matter, and your account is under review. If we receive more complaints about your listings, we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.com.

To learn more about this policy, search for "Intellectual Property Violations" in Seller Central Help.
ASIN:xxxx

Infringement type: Trademark
Complaint ID: xxxxxx
Sincerely,

This is what I got, on a bunch of asins. How exactly am I violating trademark if I just tagged along a listing? I sold the actual product, not a generic. Im not selling a generic cable as a lighting cable....

Im not so sure "brandprotect.com" even does this type of thing. Nothing on their site says they do IP type stuff on Amazon
Old 06-01-2018

So assume its a real complaint. If your items are 100% and you are getting them from a authorized distrubtor, reach out to the email and see what their reply is. If they dont reply, that could work in your favor, but cross that bridge when it comes. Expect a suspension coming your way, anywhere from 1 week to a month from the time you get this email.
Old 06-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Invoices will not be enough
You need retraction notice from right owner
Old 06-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Im not infringing on any trademark because I was selling the actual product, not a clone, lookalike etc.

Amazons report page lists "trademark concerns- unauthorized use of a word, phrase, symbol, and/or design that identifies and disinguishes the source of the goods"

The reporter created multiple reports. so do I have to get them to retract all reports or one retraction from the brand owner will remove all of them?
Old 06-01-2018
Threadstarter  

awaiting reply from rights owner.
Old 06-02-2018
Executive [VIP]

It does not matter if you selling genuine item if right owner make complaint Amazon have to take action and take item down
For each asin you need retraction notice

Avoid selling same item or you will loose account
Old 06-02-2018

Longevity: 65%

I have same issues need some help I have no invoice and got policy notice they Gabe me 17 day pre suspwmd notice
notice
Old 06-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh134 View Post
I have same issues need some help I have no invoice and got policy notice they Gabe me 17 day pre suspwmd notice
notice
Only right owner can help in this matter
Old 06-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh134 View Post
notice
Doesn't make much sense Josh - you in the US?
Old 06-04-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

You need to give them the invoice and retraction notice from the rights owner.
A rights owner can basically decide whatever they want because it's their product.

My suggestion is to stop selling this item for a while at least and get that letter from the owners.

then in the meantime, use your back up Amazon Ghost accounts to sell
Old 06-04-2018

Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Skype™ to Sell4more2

Hi, This is something I might be able to help you with. Please see my signature.

Quote:
Hello,

We are contacting you because we received a report of trademark infringement from the rights owner listed below. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to create listings or detail pages that infringe trademark rights.

We removed the content listed at the end of this email. We may let you list this content again if we receive a retraction from the rights owner. Their contact information can be found below.

xxxx Amazon Administrator
xxxx@brandprotect.com

If the rights owner agrees to retract their complaint, they must send the retraction to us at notice-dispute@amazon.com.

If you believe that the reported content does not infringe the rights owner’s trademark, you may email notice-dispute@amazon.com. with supporting information.

If the rights owner does not retract their complaint, or you do not provide supporting information, we may provide your contact information to the rights owner upon their request.

We consider intellectual property infringements a serious matter, and your account is under review. If we receive more complaints about your listings, we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.com.

To learn more about this policy, search for "Intellectual Property Violations" in Seller Central Help.
ASIN:xxxx

Infringement type: Trademark
Complaint ID: xxxxxx
Sincerely,

This is what I got, on a bunch of asins. How exactly am I violating trademark if I just tagged along a listing? I sold the actual product, not a generic. Im not selling a generic cable as a lighting cable....

Im not so sure "brandprotect.com" even does this type of thing. Nothing on their site says they do IP type stuff on Amazon
Old 06-05-2018
Threadstarter  

No response from rights owner. Any help in responding to Amazon then?
Old 06-06-2018

Quote:
No response from rights owner. Any help in responding to Amazon then?
You just answered your own question.

Write well. That’s all I can say.
Old 06-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Should I include a copy of the email I sent with the invoice so I can show Amazon I've tried to make contact???? Kinda feel like that much info might be overwhelming to the reader and the invoice should be sufficient?

furkkkk lol its all a game of cards now.
Old 06-07-2018

Quote:
Should I include a copy of the email I sent with the invoice so I can show Amazon I've tried to make contact???? Kinda feel like that much info might be overwhelming to the reader and the invoice should be sufficient?

furkkkk lol its all a game of cards now.
Relax, I feel like due to a lot of fear mongering people make it seem that its a lot harder than it is. I would just include the invoice, write a nicely worded response explaining the steps you took, and assure you only buy directly from the manufacturer or authorized dealer.
The Following User Says Thank You to RustyShackelford For This Useful Post:
user3657 (06-08-2018)
Old 06-07-2018
Super Moderator

Just include in the email what you have done to make it right and how you'd like to continue to do the right things and be professional as to explaning it to them.

So start there and see where that takes you
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
user3657 (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Havent emailed Amazon yet but i noticed some of the listings are appearing back on Amazon...I've deleted them until I get the ok from amazon, but does this mean its ok to sell again? Because Amazon turned the pages into not found when the complaint was filed. Ever seen this?
Old 06-09-2018
Super Moderator

Check out my thread about the page not found issue.

I'm trying to figure out if this is actually a glitch because it has happened to some people a few years ago and support says that it is. It's a non fixable glitch from what I have seen.
Old 06-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Check out my thread about the page not found issue.

I'm trying to figure out if this is actually a glitch because it has happened to some people a few years ago and support says that it is. It's a non fixable glitch from what I have seen.
I had some of those glitches in the spring time but this is different, received policy violation and boom page not found. Have seen this with other IP issues too.
Old 06-09-2018
Super Moderator

is there any status on the asin itself? Like Closed / inactive, etc?