Legal Entity in the Seller account. Is my understanding of this correct? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-14-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Legal Entity in the Seller account. Is my understanding of this correct?

So I signed up for a business account. Got the welcome email. Submitted docs and now they are saying they are ineligible and want a business license and utility bill. I was about to submit the utility bill in the name and address of the person on the account. Then I clicked on "Legal Entity" under the business tab to double check things and I saw Under "Legal Business Name" was my Business Name. When I did the tax part I must of put my Business name for the name along with EIN on the account.

So does that mean that since the "Legal Entity" or Legal Business Name" is the name of my Business/LLC. Does that name need to be the name on the utility bill? I'm starting to think that's the name they will want to see on the utility bill since it's the legal entity. Anyone else familiar with this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-14-2018

Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Legal Entity in the Seller account. Is my understanding of this correct?

No, it does not need to be your business name, it could be your personal name or any of the business owners/partners legal name.
Old 07-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%
Default Re: Legal Entity in the Seller account. Is my understanding of this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfo22 View Post
No, it does not need to be your business name, it could be your personal name or any of the business owners/partners legal name.
I thought so. I came across a few threads on here that people said when they submitted the utility bill. Amazon responded and said the name on the utility bill doesn't match the "legal entity" or the "Legal business name" on the account. I used a name when signing up. But when I did the tax part. I put my EIN and put my business name/LLC as my name. So when I look through the account right now. I actually can't find the name I used to sign up anywhere. But when I click on the "Legal Entity" under the business tab. I see my business name and address. So I agree with you. But I'm wondering if I should use the business name on the utility bill just in case. I feel like Amazon has these robots that just look for the exact legal entity name on the tax area to match the utility bills.

Sigh...this is so stressful lol.