What are the chances an invoice will be requested? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-19-2018

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 40%
Default What are the chances an invoice will be requested?

What are the chances Amazon will request an invoice? As I branch out to other products I am always worried Amazon will request invoices. This can come from competitors or customers complaining (unlikely) or potential "flagged" listings such as Apple branded products where I would assume would trigger automatic invoice requests. (I dont sell Apple products)

How many listings on Amazon require automatic invoices? Are they all big name brands? If Amazon requests an invoice and you supply, will they continue to ask for more as you branch out to more diverse products or does your account "age/seniority" void this request?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Send a message via ICQ to Chuk
Default Re: What are the chances an invoice will be requested?

No, you’ll be asked for invoices every now and then. Amazon asks for invoices when you get inauthentic complaints, get reported by competitors, apply to sell a gated brand, or when your performance metrics is low. Amazon doesn’t consider the age of your account or sales volume when asking for invoices.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuk For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

I agree with the above. It's especially important when there's an inauthentic complaint.

Do you think it's viable for you to just prep them before hand?
Old 07-20-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I agree with the above. It's especially important when there's an inauthentic complaint.

Do you think it's viable for you to just prep them before hand?
It doesn't really make a difference to be honest. However, you need to keep track of all invoices you send to them as you might need to resend them again in the future and you don't want them inconsistent. There have also been cases where amazon contacts the supplier to check the validity of the invoice and if they can't do so you'll be suspended for forgery.
Old 07-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Very nerve wracking.

Problem is, I have a valid supplier with invoices for branded products , but of course the invoices are not my stealth name and address. If I was to amend the invoice to show my stealth information and Amazon contacts the supplier it would not match. Only the gods know if the rep verifying the docs will actually contact Amazon.

Im investing roughly $15,000 in some new inventory to sell on Amazon shorly, under ASIN's I've never sold under before. The account I am adding this inventory to already has 3000 items in FBA worth over $150,000 so I am trying to tread carefully.
Old 07-20-2018
Threadstarter  

I could buy a number and put that on the invoice so if Amazon calls it they'll be talking to me (haha), but this will create more "ifs" because we dont know how exactly Amazon verifies the invoices.

Do they email the supplier with the PDF asking to verify? Do they call the number to verify over the phone? Confirming everything the document including the name, address, number, prices and quantities?
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianleaf For This Useful Post:
Doctor.R (08-03-2019)
Old 07-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
No, you’ll be asked for invoices every now and then. Amazon asks for invoices when you get inauthentic complaints, get reported by competitors, apply to sell a gated brand, or when your performance metrics is low. Amazon doesn’t consider the age of your account or sales volume when asking for invoices.
I've only been asked for invoices once on a seperate stealth account. I was using a ASIN list to upload random items to obscure my other products so I am not linked, one of the ASINs triggered an invoice request, it was some very obscure item, like a mechanical bolt for some obscure mechanical instrument with no recorded sales (did not have a sales rank).

I sent them a "creative" invoice and they accepted it.
Old 07-20-2018

Longevity: 36%

you should keep invoices for every item that you sell on your account , they will ask you for it later .
Old 07-20-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
I could buy a number and put that on the invoice so if Amazon calls it they'll be talking to me (haha), but this will create more "ifs" because we dont know how exactly Amazon verifies the invoices.

Do they email the supplier with the PDF asking to verify? Do they call the number to verify over the phone? Confirming everything the document including the name, address, number, prices and quantities?
The person I was working with said Amazon called his supplier to confirm the invoice number (it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗). I’m not sure whether they call the phone number on the invoice or went to the website and searched for a number to call, but the former is more likely.

May I suggest using a new stealth account for the inventory worth $15000 instead of adding it to an account with inventory of over $150,000 and working fine? However, if you have good feedbacks and the item isn’t high-risk then it probably won’t be a problem. I know of 2 people who got suspended in the past 2 weeks over forged documents even though they’ve been getting accepted with the same invoices previously, so I suspect they might be going extra mile to verify them.

Last edited by Chuk; 07-20-2018 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Grammatical Errors
Old 07-20-2018

Longevity: 41%

Is it possible at all to sell high risk/branded items on Amazon ?
Old 07-20-2018
Threadstarter  

One the products lists for $1500 each, I hope price is not a factor in invoice requests. I may list some of these ASIN's on another account to see if it flags an invoice request so I can know beforehand.
Old 07-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%

Certain products that are deemed high risk will often times request invoices on a new store

They probably deem certain items high risk based on the total amount of complaints it has from other buyers/sellers. Lots of complaints = high risk listing

If you have a seasoned account, odds are you probably won't be requested invoices
Old 07-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Certain products that are deemed high risk will often times request invoices on a new store

They probably deem certain items high risk based on the total amount of complaints it has from other buyers/sellers. Lots of complaints = high risk listing

If you have a seasoned account, odds are you probably won't be requested invoices
Account is coming up to one year old, about 100 feedback (high 90's/100), >$100k in sales over the year.

I agree with all your points.
Old 07-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Good looking account!

Another thing that is happening a lot is competitors are flagging listings. The first time amazon will request invoices as normal, but the 2nd/3rd time they start scrutinizing the invoices.

Having legit invoices will resolve these problems. But if you have competitors coming after you and you're invoices are not legit, then it may be problematic in the long run. Gotta be cautious of the competition
Old 07-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Account is coming up to one year old, about 100 feedback (high 90's/100), >$100k in sales over the year.

I agree with all your points.
My main account is about 3 years old with over $200k/year in sales, 97% positive feedbacks and I still get invoice requests every now and then, including last month.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuk For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018

Longevity: 47%

I lost an account for the same thing. I think that they will not call to the supplier the first time. The second time its much more dangerous.
Old 07-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe210 View Post
I lost an account for the same thing. I think that they will not call to the supplier the first time. The second time its much more dangerous.
What happend in your case?

You can try "auditing" your supplier by calling them and pretending to be Amazon, I may do this.

"Hello, my name is Reyansh and I am calling from Amazon. We are calling to confirm the authenticity of some products of one of our sellers. This seller has sent us an invoice from your company. Can you please confirm this invoice is correct?"

"...Oh, you never sold to this person? Okay I suspend him now thank you, bye-bye".

I bet most companies would budge at the above inquiry. Its very innocent and I would think many companies would want to cooperate with such a request (especially from Amazon) on someone claiming to sell their products.

Even if you ask this company beforehand to not give any information to third parties requests, can never really rely on what they say? If a manager or customer rep you ask says: "Oh no, we would never give your information to third parties" - Can you really rely that this promise will be obliged by all their customer service / phone reps? You can't. Its a risk.

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 07-21-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Related thread: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...fy-orders.html
Old 07-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe210 View Post
If its competitors reporting your listings than the 2nd or 3rd request for invoices will be scrutinized

The first request for invoices is usually automated by amazon and those requests are very easy to pass, its the 2nd+ requests that should have legit invoices
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Amazon only request invoices on 2 conditions
1. Customer complaint.
2. Your product selling too fast.

They don't normally call and data protection supplier can't provide information

Its all down to your invoice which has to be certain things on it that's what they look for
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Aguero (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018

Longevity: 51%

if you keep selling the same thing over and over again
Old 07-22-2018

Longevity: 61%

The issue I am dealing with is:

1. Amazon asked for an invoice relating to a product with high returns and not inauthentic complaints.
2. Amazon called my supplier. A CSR rep answered the call, did not understand it and said no we are not their supplier, the invoice is not real
3. Supplier calls us because they thought it was weird amazon called.
4. Account suspension from amazon l
5. I got the president of the company to email amazon authenticating the invoice is real and they provided me with a sign statement
6. Submitted appeal. Now waiting.

I can see how the increase of phone calls to suppliers is going to create problems. My supplier was very nervous that amazon called them with our information and out of privacy concerns, did not answer accurately.