eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon Requesting Invoices (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/119255-amazon-requesting-invoices.html)

SWORDFISH497 08-08-2018 01:51 PM

Amazon Requesting Invoices

I saw in several threads members been discussing about Amazon requesting supplier invoices. Im really interested to know in what kind of situations Amazon asking for invoices? For instance are they randomly checking invoices or solely customer/ competitor complains? Thanks

user3657 08-08-2018 03:06 PM

Re: Amazon Requesting Invoices

Im not a pro on this but I kinda feel if you take 6 months to build up an account and let Amazon trust you can avoid alot of issues. If you are building an account, dont even think about trying to sell full speed during the hoildays. Slowly sell used/ no risk items and have accounts ready for next year.

Its when people lose an account and try to release the flood gates on a new account that causes an issue. Thats just my two cents.

Beautiful 08-08-2018 03:10 PM

Some items deemed high risk will flag a relatively new amazon account for invoices. This happens pretty automatically and those invoice requests are usually easy to resolve

If competitors are aggressively reporting your listings then those invoice requests will be much harder to pass as some people are saying that they call to verify invoices.

Play 08-11-2018 08:11 PM

Selling high risk items is bound to throw up invoice requests.

Selling items at considerably lower prices, also likely to lead to such requests.

forcesteeler 08-12-2018 01:55 AM

If your account is brand new (Less than 90 Days). Try to sell slowly, and don't sell popular brands like Apple, etc.. for at least after 90 Days of your new account opening.

You have to understand there is alot of fraudsters/scammers with new accounts, So anything you do will be scrutinised by there AI Bots.

Once your account is 90 days or older it will solve alot of problems.

Ryanmir 11-02-2018 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by user3657 (Post 935908)
Im not a pro on this but I kinda feel if you take 6 months to build up an account and let Amazon trust you can avoid alot of issues. If you are building an account, dont even think about trying to sell full speed during the hoildays. Slowly sell used/ no risk items and have accounts ready for next year.

Its when people lose an account and try to release the flood gates on a new account that causes an issue. Thats just my two cents.

I wonder do you call a no risk item?

Beautiful 11-02-2018 02:06 PM

If you can't find the item on alibaba/aliexpress its probably a relatively low risk item

garry9061 11-02-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful (Post 954690)
If you can't find the item on alibaba/aliexpress its probably a relatively low risk item

Hahah very good, never thought about it like that.

Ryanmir 11-02-2018 04:23 PM

haha I see. ok thanks :)

Play 11-04-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanmir (Post 954558)
I wonder do you call a no risk item?

Anything without a brand, is very low risk.

Anything that isn't potentially counterfeit, is also very low risk.

Also Aliexpress/Alibaba have a huge catalogue of products. Many are non-branded, and therefore low risk to sell on eBay.

sacka_man 11-05-2018 06:55 PM

I was recently asked to provide invoices on a 9 year old account (with $100K + revenue for the last 5 years). There was an issue with some of my ASINs with "Used Sold As New" complaints so I had to provide invoices showing the supplier where I got them from and that they are new.

I didn't really keep a good record of invoices because that's not really something I really do or worried about and I didn't expect Amazon to ask for invoices (they never did in the past), so I showed them some PayPal payments where I got some of my supply, supplier information was there, but the ASINs in questions weren't specifically listed, and it didn't seem to satisfy them. Now my seller account is suspended. I guess it's my fault for not being up-to-date with modern Amazon selling practices but I also didn't expect this. This is my lesson as a seller to always keep a good record of invoices with supplier information on all ASINs that you sell because Amazon can ask for it at any time and when they do you better have that information for them. Selling 2018 on Amazon requires to keep good records of invoices with supplier information apparently. Lesson learned.