Arbitration question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-09-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Arbitration question

I had a recent account that sold too fast, too well, and although it passed review, I was shut down a couple of days later without being given a reason or recourse to plead my case.

They never provided a reason. And now are not responding to my queries.

I am wondering what would happen if I took Amazon to arbitration to wrestle this account back to being open. I cannot imagine that an arbiter wouldn't side with me. I didn't break any rules. I have 100 % feedback.

Like I said, I sold too fast and made too much money. But since when is that a problem, save in Amazon's world.

Does the arbiter then monitor the situation? And wouldn't Amazon find some other way to niggle you to death in the future?

Guess I am wondering if it is worth the bother to do this, or just move on.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-09-2019

Longevity: 37%
Default Re: Arbitration question

Nobody in the world can force Amazon to reinstate your account. You signed up / gave up your rights upon registration. Of course their terms of services are illegal, but we live in a corrupt world where a blind eye is turned to such predatory practices.

Amazon is stealing people money, manipulating its own search engine to favor its own products, locking people out of their accounts arbitrarily, fulfilling counterfeit products through its FBA program, breaking multiple competition rules and laws around the clock, exploiting its workers... the list goes on and on for sure.

When corporate capitalism grows un-interrupted, laws and rules become irrelevant, politicians are so corrupt and cheaper than a prostitute ---> you end up with something called fascism.

Amazon is the prime example of what corporate fascism means.
Old 04-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I'm not sure that's worth it. Even if you took them to court, had a strong case and somehow reclaimed your account - they could suspend it the next day for something else.

Remember that it's their business and their rules and you signed an agreement when registering.

So i suppose it's far better to get a few stealth accounts and move on.
Old 04-09-2019

No court can force Amazon to reinstate a suspended account, they're a private company and they are allowed to operate their platform as they wish. You could take them to court to get them to release funds...etc, but not for reinstating a suspended account.

I am 100% sure they will be able to justify the suspension, there must be a reason behind it!!
Old 04-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Not true. You can force them to reinstate an account. They have to act in "good faith"...and if you can make a case that they have not, an arbitrator can and will force them to re-open your account.

...that being said, I cannot imagine that lasting for long. Thus why I was asking if someone had done this, and whether or not there is any ability for the arbiter to monitor the situation. I can see Amazon then deciding to do whatever it needed to to force you off some other way.

They do indeed kick people off for no reason. Have seen it umpteen times. You don't have to actually do something wrong, if they suspect that you are doing something outside what they like, they cut you off.

Too...does anyone else remember this...but a couple of years ago when the RIAA came down on them for providing an outlet for Chinese DVD bootlegs, they decided to suspend EVERY account that was selling DVDs. No explanation. Nothing. Just kicked your account off, and that was that. Then they gated everything up, and started making sure that you had "provenance" for all your items.

Are my items "legit"? Yes, they are legitimate items. But do I have provenance for them. No, not always. And that is the problem. They seem to have a procrustean bed thought that everything sold must be done so from some sort of retail distributor. But not every item sold therein has this. What about vinyl records or CDs or DVDs or books, many of which are picked up from alternative sources. They don't really care about that. They want what they want, and agreed, it is their world.
Old 04-09-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbiman View Post
Not true. You can force them to reinstate an account. They have to act in "good faith"...and if you can make a case that they have not, an arbitrator can and will force them to re-open your account.

...that being said, I cannot imagine that lasting for long. Thus why I was asking if someone had done this, and whether or not there is any ability for the arbiter to monitor the situation. I can see Amazon then deciding to do whatever it needed to to force you off some other way.

They do indeed kick people off for no reason. Have seen it umpteen times. You don't have to actually do something wrong, if they suspect that you are doing something outside what they like, they cut you off.

Too...does anyone else remember this...but a couple of years ago when the RIAA came down on them for providing an outlet for Chinese DVD bootlegs, they decided to suspend EVERY account that was selling DVDs. No explanation. Nothing. Just kicked your account off, and that was that. Then they gated everything up, and started making sure that you had "provenance" for all your items.

Are my items "legit"? Yes, they are legitimate items. But do I have provenance for them. No, not always. And that is the problem. They seem to have a procrustean bed thought that everything sold must be done so from some sort of retail distributor. But not every item sold therein has this. What about vinyl records or CDs or DVDs or books, many of which are picked up from alternative sources. They don't really care about that. They want what they want, and agreed, it is their world.

Show me one example where Amazon or eBay were forced to reinstate an account and I will believe it

I have never read their TOS, but I think there is a clause in it which says they can suspend your account whenever they want.
Old 04-09-2019

Longevity: 41%

You committed the cardinal sin of stealthing.. too hard and too fast. Maybe you just got unlucky with this one, but they don't typically expect brand new accounts to come out of the gate with heavy sales. Perhaps there was another issue where your stealth leaked and that is why you were shut down. Who knows. Also they can take a week or two to respond to inquiries for suspended accounts that have already hammered them with messages so there is that.
Old 04-10-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Show me one example where Amazon or eBay were forced to reinstate an account and I will believe it

I have never read their TOS, but I think there is a clause in it which says they can suspend your account whenever they want.
I have heard from lawyers that arbitration has requested them to reinstate accounts. Although it's super rare.

Last edited by munkron; 04-10-2019 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Send a message via Skype™ to garry9061

Amazon would easily be able to justify the closure of your account if it went to court. They could claim that they believed the products were inauthentic or you had opened an account previously that was closed.
Old 04-10-2019
Threadstarter  

I don't think that a huge company like Amazon who are basically setting up rules that are illegal...holding money arbitrarily and treating sellers so shoddily are not known to arbiters.

What I have heard, and am hoping to find out, is that arbitration usually sides with David against the Goliath. Amazon has come under scrutiny of politicos who believe they should be broken up somehow. They are a law unto themselves. Arbitrators are not unaware of these things. And are unlikely to listen to a big conglomerate, especially when they are so secretive and arbitrary, and act like they do.

If you can make your case, I am pretty confident that you will get them to bend, if you are in the right.

I found out that they linked me to another account...so...my bad, entirely. I wouldn't have a case here.

But in other instances, I think if they kicked you off for selling too much, too fast...that makes absolutely no sense. We're supposed to sell. That is what the business is for. And an arbitrator could very well force them to reinstate an account. Again...that being said...who knows what happens afterward.
Old 04-10-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbiman View Post
I don't think that a huge company like Amazon who are basically setting up rules that are illegal...holding money arbitrarily and treating sellers so shoddily are not known to arbiters.

What I have heard, and am hoping to find out, is that arbitration usually sides with David against the Goliath. Amazon has come under scrutiny of politicos who believe they should be broken up somehow. They are a law unto themselves. Arbitrators are not unaware of these things. And are unlikely to listen to a big conglomerate, especially when they are so secretive and arbitrary, and act like they do.

If you can make your case, I am pretty confident that you will get them to bend, if you are in the right.

I found out that they linked me to another account...so...my bad, entirely. I wouldn't have a case here.

But in other instances, I think if they kicked you off for selling too much, too fast...that makes absolutely no sense. We're supposed to sell. That is what the business is for. And an arbitrator could very well force them to reinstate an account. Again...that being said...who knows what happens afterward.
How was your account linked?
Old 04-12-2019
Threadstarter  

Not sure about that...but the email said they linked it.

They never tell.

I suspect I know how...my own mistake. But you can never be sure. Just retrace your steps and knock out all the variables from happening again.