eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon Suspension Advice Needed Please (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/125973-amazon-suspension-advice-needed-please.html)

SoulStorm 05-04-2019 08:23 AM

Amazon Suspension Advice Needed Please

I got the below email from Amazon (In Bold). I am now being asked for the following information (In Italics):

Company’s Legal Name (Including legal entity type, Ltd, LLP, etc.)
Business Entity Type
Company/ Charity Registration Number

I do not own a registered company. I trade as a sole proprietor which in South Africa where I live requires no registration of any sort. Taxes are reported as standard income tax and there is no legal business name or business tax required. I can select International Sole Proprietor as business entity type, but cannot provide any company registration number as there is no legal entity registered as a company.

Now they are asking for a company legal name and company registration number. What can I do from this now? I need advice please on how to proceed and what I can do, as I do not have the requested information.
You can see a screenshot of the page on Amazon where they are asking me for all this information at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hxC...ew?usp=sharing

Please someone assist and advise as soon as possible on how I should proceed.

Hello,

We have temporarily deactivated your Selling on Amazon payment account and removed your listings. Funds will stay in your account but will not be transferred to you while we work with you to resolve this issue.

Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account.

Why is this happening?

You incorrectly selected the ‘Individual’ legal entity when you registered. We have explained the different legal entities below.

How do I reactivate my account?

To continue with your account verification, please update your legal entity by following the instructions below.

-- Go to the “Account Info” page in the “Settings” section of Seller Central (https://sellercentral-europe.amazon....ion/index.html)
-- Click “Edit” in the “Business and Contact Information” section and select the relevant legal entity.
-- Confirm the business details and click “Submit”.

Use the following information to select the correct legal entity:

-- Individual: you must only choose this legal entity if you do not sell for profit. Individual sellers may list unwanted personal items, such as old DVDs or books.

-- Business or Partnership: this legal entity includes Sole Proprietors registered in countries outside the UK. It also includes Charities, Partnerships, Private Limited Companies, and Public Companies.

If you think your selling activity fits the ‘Individual’ legal entity, please reply to this email to answer the following questions:

-- What is the source of your inventory?
-- Who will benefit from the profits of your sales on Amazon?

What happens if I do not send the requested information?

If we do not receive the requested information within 28 days, you will not be allowed to sell on Amazon’s European marketplaces.

We’re here to help.
If you have questions about this policy or the information requested above, please contact us (https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/c...act-us/cmn/BLU).

Thank you,

The Amazon Payments Team

agent006140 05-04-2019 08:59 AM

Re: Amazon Suspension Advice Needed Please

what do you sell?
It looks like AMZN decides you are not an individual entity selling unused personal items.
You may want to go to AMZN seller forum and ask if there is any one from S AFRICA and how do they deal with the situation?

agent006140 05-04-2019 09:02 AM

You select business,so AMZN asked what kind of business,you should have chosen not business.

josh 05-04-2019 09:07 AM

There are people who can help you out with these registration issues in the marketplace.

These things need to be carefully looked at prior to opening your account

then apply correct stealth procedures

SoulStorm 05-04-2019 09:16 AM

I am not using stealth, used my own details to register. Verified the account with real ID and Proof of Residence and have been selling without issue since. Registered as individual seller at first, then when I saw sales were going well I upgraded to a professional selling account.

But now they want me to place business information which I do not have as a sole proprietor.

SoulStorm 05-04-2019 09:17 AM

I will try the Amazon forums but would also appreciate if anyone here has any advice for this issue?

SoulStorm 05-16-2019 03:25 AM

Okay I registered as a Private Company and provided the company registration details and seem to have passed the Business and Contact Information part.

But now I am being asked for a document confirming scope of my business

I do not understand what they are requesting here?

Can anyone assist in what I should be providing in this instance? What does it mean?

SoulStorm 05-17-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulStorm (Post 1002881)
Okay I registered as a Private Company and provided the company registration details and seem to have passed the Business and Contact Information part.

But now I am being asked for a document confirming scope of my business

I do not understand what they are requesting here?

Can anyone assist in what I should be providing in this instance? What does it mean?

Can anyone assist in what Amazon want when they ask for a document confirming the scope of my business? I don't understand what document that would be?"

SoulStorm 05-17-2019 05:46 AM

Anyone who can help and explain?

garry9061 05-17-2019 05:55 AM

I think they are looking for proof of business, so a certificate of incorporation should do

GreenBean 05-17-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulStorm (Post 1003160)
Can anyone assist in what Amazon want when they ask for a document confirming the scope of my business? I don't understand what document that would be?"

From what I recall, scope of business relates to the plan of your account to make money.. they want to know why,what and how you will operate.
As Garry mentioned a certificate of incorporation would help to be include.

What platform are you using, Soul’?

:pop2:

garry9061 05-17-2019 06:03 AM

I have never seen them ask for scope of business so i presumed they were looking for confirmation of company set up.

SoulStorm 05-17-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garry9061 (Post 1003188)
I think they are looking for proof of business, so a certificate of incorporation should do

Already provided proof of business registration which seems to have been accepted as it moved from them asking for the proof of company registration to the "document proving the scope of the business.

SoulStorm 05-17-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 1003189)
From what I recall, scope of business relates to the plan of your account to make money.. they want to know why,what and how you will operate.
As Garry mentioned a certificate of incorporation would help to be include.

What platform are you using, Soul’?

:pop2:

I am using Amazon UK. I did already upload certificate of incorporation and it seems that was accepted.

Can you provide an example of what you mean by why, what, how? They did ask me to list a representative selection of items I intend to sell, which I did before it moved onto proof of scope documents