eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon Account was hacked and bank deposit account was changed - Lost$ 1M (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/126232-amazon-account-hacked-bank-deposit-account-changed-lost-1m.html)

stsang14 05-14-2019 05:10 PM

Amazon Account was hacked and bank deposit account was changed - Lost$ 1M

So a friend of mine works at a company that recently had a major problem.
Their Amazon acct was hacked and they changed the banking info.

they swap in their new bank acct w/o anyone noticing despite needing the original banking info.

the email notices regarding the change sat in their replymanager (unread as spam)

a perfect storm - so the short of it is they lost out on a boatload of cash and AMZ won't give up the new account # that the deposit went into and the cops / fbi won't really do much either.. the cop said that this is actually common w/ amz sellers(big ones) and that there r hackers targeting accts

Im not sure how they bypassed the 2 step auth login (or if they even had one)

be careful out there guys

agent006140 05-14-2019 06:59 PM

Re: Amazon Account was hacked and bank deposit account was changed - Lost$ 1M

You mean someone hacked into this company AMZN account and change the bank account so all the sales proceeds end up in that new bank account.
And AMZN notice of change ended up in spam folder?
Well,if they are big sellers on AMZN,how can AMZN email ended up in spam folder?
so do they know what is the new bank account and did they contact someone in that bank ?or call the original bank and ask them to trace it.
Is it a foreign bank?

Sunspot144 05-15-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1002511)
You mean someone hacked into this company AMZN account and change the bank account so all the sales proceeds end up in that new bank account.
And AMZN notice of change ended up in spam folder?
Well,if they are big sellers on AMZN,how can AMZN email ended up in spam folder?
so do they know what is the new bank account and did they contact someone in that bank ?or call the original bank and ask them to trace it.
Is it a foreign bank?

None of it makes sense - and junior member

GreenBean 05-15-2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunspot144 (Post 1002561)
None of it makes sense - and junior member

I believe the President, Mr Donald Trump, might call the opening post here “Phake News”.

=}

phaz0rz 05-15-2019 06:24 AM

The seller could have had a keylogger installed on his system, compromising their bank account login and Amazon login. Pretty easy to get bank details once you're logged into online banking.

I feel really bad for your buddy but I like it when warning stories are posted. There are some genius hackers out there..

walkingupwards 05-15-2019 06:52 AM

2 step verification is passable as long as the phone number is known!!

I feel really bad for that company though. They should have been more careful when dealing with big sums of money!!

phaz0rz 05-15-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1002589)
2 step verification is passable as long as the phone number is known!!

I feel really bad for that company though. They should have been more careful when dealing with big sums of money!!

I've heard about 2FA exploits but you would need more than just the phone number, wouldn't you?

You wouldn't be able to receive the verification text just by knowing the phone number.

agent006140 05-15-2019 07:20 AM

I just logged into my AMZN account as I just sold a book,and it sent me a code via my landline.
landline may be a dinosaur but it is reliable workhorse!
back to the OP,whoever the big seller is,how do they manage to sell millions $$ if they dont pay attention to AMZN emails?
This is fraud,how can AMZN refuse to co-operate?
Can the seller see the new bank account in his AMZN account?

agent006140 05-15-2019 07:23 AM

There was a time cell phone owners find withdrawals in their bank account they do not recognise,all they have to do is to file dispute with their bank and bank can trace where it comes from,all they have to do is to contact the other bank and give them the account number,they wil know who owns that bank account.

rsot 05-15-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stsang14 (Post 1002499)
So a friend of mine works at a company that recently had a major problem.
Their Amazon acct was hacked and they changed the banking info.

Sad to hear but have you friend join this forum for advice and discussion perhaps.

agent006140 05-15-2019 07:30 AM

Tinsoldier said-possible insider fraud.
some of these so called big sellers selling millions are small operators ,could be one seller with some assistants paying them cash under the table or minimum wage,some are not reilable.
On Ebay,you could have a guy who works for you ,work on your device and then check on his own seller account,then he got suspended and now your account get suspended .

phaz0rz 05-15-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1002603)
This is fraud,how can AMZN refuse to co-operate?

I'm sure there's something in Amazon's terms of service like "you are responsible for keeping your account secure and we cannot be held liable if you get your account hacked into and lose millions of dollars."

They have a pretty good legal team. :thumb:

GreenBean 05-15-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1002628)

They have a pretty good legal team. :thumb:

And plenty of money.... plenty.

:amen:

Sunspot144 05-15-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 1002635)
And plenty of money.... plenty.

:amen:

All the proceeds of the accounts they've frozen.

james_112233 05-15-2019 08:38 AM

Wow. Sickening story. Really is ...

Surely the bank would freeze the account receiving a million quid out of nowhere. Banks question people receiving large deposits all the time, so how can these hackers get away with it ? What sort of story would they tell their bank ?

walkingupwards 05-15-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1002651)
Wow. Sickening story. Really is ...

Surely the bank would freeze the account receiving a million quid out of nowhere. Banks question people receiving large deposits all the time, so how can these hackers get away with it ? What sort of story would they tell their bank ?

OP didn't tell us whether the newly attached bank account is in the US or not... It maybe in some country where the authorities have no jurisdiction whatsoever :deadhorse:

phaz0rz 05-15-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunspot144 (Post 1002647)
All the proceeds of the accounts they've frozen.

Heh. That's probably a literal .00001% of their holdings. :noidea:

agent006140 05-15-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1002656)
OP didn't tell us whether the newly attached bank account is in the US or not... It maybe in some country where the authorities have no jurisdiction whatsoever :deadhorse:

Do you think AMZN does not follow up on this heist?
It know the bank and IP address,AMZN id etc

there was a time they can hack into bank computer and make it release all the money from ATM machines,in one case,a Ukrainian guy stood by a Taiwan Bank ATM machine and picked up all the cash!
They also hacked into hospital computer and scrambled all their data until they pay a ransom in Bitcoins.
so I wonder how good is AMZN security?
but then how good is the seller security system if AMZN email ended up in spam file?

phaz0rz 05-15-2019 12:34 PM

The seller him/herself probably would have had to mark an email from Amazon as spam in the past for a message about bank accounts being changed to end up in their spam folder. Assuming any of this is even true.

agent006140 05-15-2019 05:44 PM

AMZN does sent out too many emails,like we received your order,your seller received your order,your seller is preparing your order,your seller just shipped your order bla bla bla just for one lousy 7 dollars order.
so the recipient could have deleted some by mistake,but odd that it ends up in spam folder.
But I bet AMZN has the information,it has to be looking into it.it has the bank account and bank routing number,and how does one know if it is not a problem on AMZN end?
I know TGT got hacked,and some hotel chain got hacked too,so why not AMZN

agent006140 05-15-2019 05:48 PM

This may be off topic but years ago,a security guy for a local supermarket in UK noticed on his cellphone every day around noon,there are busy signals someone is sending to a nearby tower.
He called Scotland yard and it turns out there is a chip inside its credit card machine which records every 5 cc data and at noon ,it will dial the tower number and send them to Pakistan /
The cc machine was made by a company in China,they found more such cases with other local supermarkets in UK and Holland.
Never find out who and when the chip was placed.
We have a similar case here with an arts and craft shop,it was placed by the maintence man who came regularly to maintain the cc machine