IP Address question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default IP Address question

I need some advice on IP Addresses for a new stealth account I want to make. I know the IP Address should be a completely Fresh IP that from a quality VPN that does not recycle the IPs.

However, I am resident of South Africa and I do not know of any company who offers that kind of VPN with fresh South African IP addresses.

How would I then go about making sure that I do not get IP linked?

Would it be enough to use a mobile Internet USB dongle which assigns a new IP at every connection? That is what I am currently doing with my wife's account (I run my real detail account on my WiFi ADSL network and my wife's account on a separate laptop on a mobile dongle for the Internet connection).

Also, if I use VMware to start multiple accounts (one on each VM), can I use the same dongle to connect, or can they link with the dongle hardware serial numbers or anything like that? Or should I have a different dongle and sim card for each account and use a different one for each VM?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: IP Address question

Quote:
Would it be enough to use a mobile Internet USB dongle which assigns a new IP at every connection?
I believe mobile internet is the best solution for you if South African VPN's aren't readily available. Mobile IP's score a little better than datacenter IP's anyway.

Quote:
Also, if I use VMware to start multiple accounts (one on each VM), can I use the same dongle to connect,
Yes. There's no reason for multiple dongles. Just make sure you're logging your IP's and you don't use the same IP on two accounts. Depending on what provider you use, you could end up with a very small or very large pool of IP addresses so it's important to log the IP you're using if you run your setup on mobile internet.

Quote:
or can they link with the dongle hardware serial numbers or anything like that?
No, they can't see anything like that because hardware info is on layer 2 of the OSI model. Internet browsers work on level 3 (with the IP protocol, primarily).

Quote:
Or should I have a different dongle and sim card for each account and use a different one for each VM?
Nah, no need for that. (see above)
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
SoulStorm (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I believe mobile internet is the best solution for you if South African VPN's aren't readily available. Mobile IP's score a little better than datacenter IP's anyway.

Yes. There's no reason for multiple dongles. Just make sure you're logging your IP's and you don't use the same IP on two accounts. Depending on what provider you use, you could end up with a very small or very large pool of IP addresses so it's important to log the IP you're using if you run your setup on mobile internet.

No, they can't see anything like that because hardware info is on layer 2 of the OSI model. Internet browsers work on level 3 (with the IP protocol, primarily).

Was going to make a thread on this but lately ebay keeps suspending me when signing up on phone browser after a day with all new info and clearing cookies and such. They must be able to get my IMEJ or something because not sure how they keep on tracking me.
Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobrodie View Post
Was going to make a thread on this but lately ebay keeps suspending me when signing up on phone browser after a day with all new info and clearing cookies and such. They must be able to get my IMEJ or something because not sure how they keep on tracking me.
Running accounts directly on phones has always been recommended against since you can't clear all of the user data on your phone without factory resetting it. But that's not what this guy is talking about doing. The OP is wanting to use a mobile dongle as his internet connection within a virtual machine, to run an Amazon account.
Old 08-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

Thanks. The advice is much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post