Does anybody knows why this happened? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-26-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Does anybody knows why this happened?

i opened an account in amazon with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ information
i started selling until the 30 day review hit me so i stopped.
meanwhile i opened a new amazon account with new face info ans start selling something similar but different. that account is ok

then i created a third account with different ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info and started selling the same product as the account that is on review (1st account)

now i go back to my computer and in less than 5 minutes it has been suspended.

Does anybody know exactly why? or not exactly.

and last question.

i use dial up to connect to the internet.

so if i use an access number from a different state. i guess the ip i will get will be from that state. meaning that i will be safe to list in the same category even the same product as the account that is being review?

the previous 3 accounts have been using different access numbers but they were all local.

also the address on them 3 accounts were withing 20 miles of each other.

please help

thanks!!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You spread out with too many problems for any decent chance of narrowing down and troubleshooting. Guesses could be made. Might even prove accurate. But could also be way off base.

My first guess - since you didn't mention otherwise - is that you got nailed by your cookies and flash. Could be other similarities such as all accounts using dialup. Dialup is getting kinda rare, so it stands out just a bit. Better to use wi-fi to 'borrow' an unsecured DSL IP.

As far as the dialup and IP assumptions you are making, they are unsubstantiated. Many dialup services do NOT geolocate.

Advice:
Stop running around blind like a decapitated chicken. Resolve some things (even if it means accounts die), so you aren't dealing with so many variables. Repeating the same mistakes that you haven't even identified simply guarantees the same outcome.
Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 90%

"Better to use wi-fi to 'borrow' an unsecured DSL IP."

Is that what their calling it these days.
Old 08-26-2009
Vicvelcro

That's what I'm calling it. If the user gives it back, it is a borrow. If it is unsecured, the 'owner' obviously has no concern about loaning the bandwidth. I run one open wifi for the neighborhood at 15M/2M mon-fri. Don't ask, just take the electrons. Give em back when you're done.
Old 08-26-2009
Threadstarter  

thanks for your reply.

to clear this up. let me start by saying that i run each amazon account in its own user account. i use firefox to clear cookies etc etc just like the ebook recommends.

i did not understande the part you mentioned about geolocation. can you tell me a little bit more about it please.

and if i use a dial up connection to access a number from a different state. will that work better since i heard amazon checks all that.

maybe they noticed that somebody in the same area was switching between account in a short period of time and i also listed in the same category.

thanks!
Old 08-26-2009
Threadstarter  

Also i used a phone number from central ring or ring central... something like that. it is a call forwarding service. do you think that was the problem?

with my previous 2 accounts i did use regular phone numbers from friends that i ask this favor.

tell me what you think.
Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 96%

Just wondering -- what kind of message does Amazon send you when they suspend you for linking? I am asking because I just got my selling account just got suspended, and the reason they gave me is refund rates and negative feedbacks. But I have neither issued refund nor received negs. What the heck?!!!! I am using a stealth account, which has lasted me for about 4 months. I would really like to know what Amazon is talking about. Thanks for all your help!
Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomooj View Post
Just wondering -- what kind of message does Amazon send you when they suspend you for linking? I am asking because I just got my selling account just got suspended, and the reason they gave me is refund rates and negative feedbacks. But I have neither issued refund nor received negs. What the heck?!!!! I am using a stealth account, which has lasted me for about 4 months. I would really like to know what Amazon is talking about. Thanks for all your help!
If you believe this is an error, have you communicated with them? try different times. Be confident & professional. See if someone can give you a better explanation.
Old 08-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Communication can go a long way towards resolving Amazon problems. Please avoid bad grammar and typos. Think writing a letter to your boss.
Old 08-27-2009

Longevity: 96%

Contacted Amazon yesterday, and got this email today. I am so confused! What is going on?!!

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing regarding your selling account that was recently blocked.

As you know, your account was blocked because it has come to our attention that your seller performance is below our standards. Keep in mind that this decision was based on your account's rates of claims.

Amazon.com reserves the right to close accounts that fall significantly below our Merchant Performance Standards.

If you wish to be reconsidered for reinstatement, please provide a detailed account of why your performance indicated unsatisfactory buying experiences, and what steps you will take to remedy this from reoccurring.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Old 08-27-2009

Longevity: 89%

Not sure what your account situation is, you may probably need to read this Amazon webpage first then decide the next step.

Seller Performance Measurement
Old 08-27-2009
Vicvelcro

Try this. IP Address Locator - Enter an IP address to find its location - Lookup Country Region City etc
Better way to explain than typing is to offer an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userstealth View Post
i did not understande the part you mentioned about geolocation. can you tell me a little bit more about it please.

thanks!
Old 08-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

It really sounds like they think you're using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info, but they aren't willing to say so for whatever reason. The whole claim & feedback thing is probably picked at random in order to not tell you why you were really suspended. For all we know, Seller Performance team members have a little pull-down menu for making these boiler plate emails, and "using a stealth Amazon account" isn't one of the options.

This may have possibly been started by all accounts selling similar items from similar locations or slip ups as you logged into different accounts. We don't know enough to successfully run multiple Amazon accounts, at least not with the success we do on eBay.
Old 09-01-2009

How is the MAC address situation working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
You spread out with too many problems for any decent chance of narrowing down and troubleshooting. Guesses could be made. Might even prove accurate. But could also be way off base.

My first guess - since you didn't mention otherwise - is that you got nailed by your cookies and flash. Could be other similarities such as all accounts using dialup. Dialup is getting kinda rare, so it stands out just a bit. Better to use wi-fi to 'borrow' an unsecured DSL IP.

As far as the dialup and IP assumptions you are making, they are unsubstantiated. Many dialup services do NOT geolocate.

Advice:
Stop running around blind like a decapitated chicken. Resolve some things (even if it means accounts die), so you aren't dealing with so many variables. Repeating the same mistakes that you haven't even identified simply guarantees the same outcome.
Old 09-02-2009
Vicvelcro

Joer,

Are you asking about the issue I was personally having with my personal MAC theory from another thread? Or were you asking the other person if my advice solved their problem?
Old 09-02-2009

Your personal MAC theory.

Quote:
Joer,

Are you asking about the issue I was personally having with my personal MAC theory from another thread? Or were you asking the other person if my advice solved their problem?
Old 09-02-2009
Vicvelcro

My theory proved correct. May not be true for every person. Might not have been implemented on all their servers yet. But it is updated on at least 5 servers. Spoofing the NIC MAC didn't solve it. Had to completely replace the physical ethernet adapter and some other pieces. Problem solved.
Old 09-03-2009

Quote:
My theory proved correct. May not be true for every person. Might not have been implemented on all their servers yet. But it is updated on at least 5 servers. Spoofing the NIC MAC didn't solve it. Had to completely replace the physical ethernet adapter and some other pieces. Problem solved.
so you up and selling on amazon?
The Following User Says Thank You to nobody999 For This Useful Post:
Burning (01-25-2010)