Amazon Email: "Your account is under review" directly after registration - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-10-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Amazon Email: "Your account is under review" directly after registration

Dear Forum users,

I want to talk about an issue that is mainly related to the registration of European based Amazon accounts.

I want to mention, that I use fresh computers, fresh unused IP, fresh everything for all the accounts.

Basically five minutes after registration I receive an email, that says "Your Amazon account is under review".

This is the content of the email:

Hello,

For your security, we have suspended your Amazon seller account. During our review, you will not be able to sell on Amazon. Please ship any open orders. If you have any funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-Z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer.

Why is this happening?
We need additional documentation to verify your identity. If you currently sell on Amazon , we need to verify a change to your payment methods. If you did not make this change, contact Seller Support.

How do I reactivate my account?
To sell on Amazon, we need to verify your identity, business information, or both. You can confirm that you would like to begin the verification process in the following way:
-- Click the “Appeal” button next to this e-mail on the Notifications page in the Performance section of Seller Central

We're here to help
You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to payments-investigate [AT]amazon.co.uk.

You can view your account performance at or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon.

(I removed all links)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since that email came just a few minutes after registering the new account, it must be some kind of smart algorithm, that determines, that there is an issue somewhere with your account. With Amazon´s speed it is impossible, that a human being checked the account.

So with that email my account status in Seller Central changes to suspended, but they still ask me to provide documentation, like id, business license and so on.

After I provided this, most times it takes only a few hours for them to send me an email: "Import message concerning your Amazon Account", stating that they were unable to verify my information.

Since normally a KYC takes at least 48 hours, sometimes up to five working days to complete, I assume, that this is done by machine algorithm as well.

I researched the internet on this mail and spoke to the some people in the biz and what I was able to find out, was, that the first email I posted in full is related to some kind of machine based algorithm called "BAP". I am not sure what that stands for, but it is said, to be some kind of point system. If you do not "get" enough points during registration, you basically fail the test and receive this mail. Some people said, that it does not matter, what you send them afterwards during the verification you will fail the KYC 100% after you received this mail.

So my question is, any of you guys have experience on this issue? I have gone through my reg process 100 times and cannot figure out, why this is happening.

Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.

Regards and Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Amazon Email: "Your account is under review" directly after registration

What category or type of item did you try to sell right away?
Old 12-10-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Amazon Email: "Your account is under review" directly after registration

Its quite normal these days you will be asked to confirm ID address etc which is quite difficult to pass
Old 12-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
What category or type of item did you try to sell right away?
Hi, thank you for your reply.

I did not try to sell anything, as mentioned timeline was the following:

Registering account --> Five minutes later receiving email, that the account is under review --> Loading up documents --> A few hours later receiving email that account could not be verified

My question was rather if anybody had experience with what I assume to be this BAP system, failing it etc.
Old 12-10-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Its quite normal these days you will be asked to confirm ID address etc which is quite difficult to pass
Well, maybe. But I dont think that this "Your account is under review" email is normal. As I said I think there is a system that scores your initial information, for example:

Where does the IP originate from?

Can we read out info on the credit card?

Is it a virtual card rather than a "real" one?

Does somebody, who says he lives in the UK, registers a phone number from Italy?

The list goes on. I think that if this algorithm detects something fishy you are out, no matter what.
Old 12-11-2019

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alright174 View Post
Well, maybe. But I dont think that this "Your account is under review" email is normal. As I said I think there is a system that scores your initial information, for example:

Where does the IP originate from?

Can we read out info on the credit card?

Is it a virtual card rather than a "real" one?

Does somebody, who says he lives in the UK, registers a phone number from Italy?

The list goes on. I think that if this algorithm detects something fishy you are out, no matter what.
Theyre denying everyone right now - its automatic -I've had real people from the Uk been denied opening

Best to try again in Janaury...
Old 12-11-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

From what I've seen they are not taking any more sellers for this year. I'd say wait to January. Say around mid-January or so.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
callvince (12-15-2019)
Old 12-14-2019
Threadstarter  

I still see a lot of people getting their accounts through. Anyhow, thanks a lot for your input guys.
Old 12-14-2019

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%

are you in Africa or Europe?
Old 12-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alright174 View Post
I still see a lot of people getting their accounts through. Anyhow, thanks a lot for your input guys.
You can still get stealth shops through its just incredibly bad pass rates

Like 1 in 10-15 bad

Keep trying or wait until after xmas to try again
Old 12-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
are you in Africa or Europe?
I really need to change my flag here :D :D I am based in Europe!
Old 12-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
You can still get stealth shops through its just incredibly bad pass rates

Like 1 in 10-15 bad

Keep trying or wait until after xmas to try again
Hi Beautiful,

well I am not familiar with the US market, so I cant comment on that, but with Amazon EU the rate I got here, is still better. Just recently started to have this described issue.

Thanks for your insights