Amazon account suspended due to gift cards legitimately bought IN STORE, lost balance - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Unhappy Amazon account suspended due to gift cards legitimately bought IN STORE, lost balance

My worker purchased amazon cards at our local grocery store chain called Jewel-Osco. He has cards in his possession as well as store purchase receipts.

The amount was $460.

He used them to fund his amazon account and purchase some items like kids toys, boots and such.

Out of $460, only $40 was shipped. After that, he received a message that his account was suspended, and after a while, a message that the account was closed, with no refund given.

The sum in question is very significant for him and I would like to help him get the account reinstated.

I have two questions.

1. Does the money that Amazon got from these gift cards end up in the profit part of Amazon company?

2. How can we realistically prove his case. He is a legitimate human being, bought cards from a legitimate store for cash, and ordered goods of general nature.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Re: Amazon account suspended due to gift cards legitimately bought IN STORE, lost bal

Yeesh, what a mess, sorry!

At least this may be one of those rare-on-these-boards (!) cases of a personal account getting shut down in the course of making legitimately-paid-for purchases for personal use.

If that's the case DEFINITELY reach out to amazon; ask for their arbitration department; bang on doors; you have nothing to hide!

If that's not the case, ymmv: the following post (mine) has a link to amazon's gc rules, and another link to an article that commiserates: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon...ard-rules.html

good luck!
Old 02-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Amazon account suspended due to gift cards legitimately bought IN STORE, lost bal

Placing to many order togeather seems like caused this issue, always goes slowely
Old 02-14-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Jewel/osco is a reputable supermarket chain and drug store,why dont you tell them there is a problem with AMZN and who should you discuss the issue with,I am sure they want to know as well.
Old 02-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master ghost

Have your worker call up Amazon and attempt for customer service assistance
Old 02-15-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
My worker purchased amazon cards at our local grocery store chain called Jewel-Osco. He has cards in his possession as well as store purchase receipts.

The amount was $460.

He used them to fund his amazon account and purchase some items like kids toys, boots and such.

Out of $460, only $40 was shipped. After that, he received a message that his account was suspended, and after a while, a message that the account was closed, with no refund given.

The sum in question is very significant for him and I would like to help him get the account reinstated.

I have two questions.

1. Does the money that Amazon got from these gift cards end up in the profit part of Amazon company?

2. How can we realistically prove his case. He is a legitimate human being, bought cards from a legitimate store for cash, and ordered goods of general nature.

Thanks
1.if the card is no good,or suspended,AMZN claims no money,nada,only if AMZN tries to cash in.
2.go back to the store and ask them to look into it,if he is telling the truth,he cant be the first .
Old 02-15-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post

The amount was $460.

I have two questions.

Thanks
If you believe everything is legit, you can call amazon and see if there's a way to get the account back or at least figure out what's wrong with these cards.

Of course you should go talk to the store you bought it from as well.