Question regarding New Amazon account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-22-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via Skype™ to des1slav
Default Question regarding New Amazon account

Hi guys,
Long story short. 4 years ago my account got suspended for IP infringement and I was not able to convince the brand owner to withdraw the complaint.

Then I decided to give up and start a new account, this time with my own branded items only. No other stuff.

I created a new account 4-5 months after the suspension of the first one (Back in 2016), but didn't use it until today.

Last week I migrated the account from individual to pro and Amazon requested of me ID and Bank Statement. I provided my real ID and bank statement from my company. My account got verified the same day and everything looks ok.

What bothers me is:
Account 1 which was suspended is from my old company.

Account 2 - The new one is for a different company.

Both companies are legit, with it's own VAT etc, but they do share two things in common - the address of the company and me as an owner.

I took all other measures - new IP, new laptop, new phone, bank account, company name, VAT etc.

But I cannot change these two things : the company address which is the same for both companies (it's my accountant office address, there is many other companies on that address too) and obviously my name as an owner of both companies.

For the suspended account I never provided ID like on the new one.

All want to develop legit private label business, but what concerns me here is that over time they can link me by my personal name and the address of the companies.

What do you think? Should I start developing PL with account 2 (do you think its safe) or I need to found a new company with new address and possibly my life as an owner of the new business.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Question regarding New Amazon account

Batter if you change the address of the company or use address service to keep your (director) and company address different then the other company

Amazon system is quite clever linking accounts
Old 10-22-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1slav View Post
Hi guys,
Long story short. 4 years ago my account got suspended for IP infringement and I was not able to convince the brand owner to withdraw the complaint.

Then I decided to give up and start a new account, this time with my own branded items only. No other stuff.

I created a new account 4-5 months after the suspension of the first one (Back in 2016), but didn't use it until today.

Last week I migrated the account from individual to pro and Amazon requested of me ID and Bank Statement. I provided my real ID and bank statement from my company. My account got verified the same day and everything looks ok.

What bothers me is:
Account 1 which was suspended is from my old company.

Account 2 - The new one is for a different company.

Both companies are legit, with it's own VAT etc, but they do share two things in common - the address of the company and me as an owner.

I took all other measures - new IP, new laptop, new phone, bank account, company name, VAT etc.

But I cannot change these two things : the company address which is the same for both companies (it's my accountant office address, there is many other companies on that address too) and obviously my name as an owner of both companies.

For the suspended account I never provided ID like on the new one.

All want to develop legit private label business, but what concerns me here is that over time they can link me by my personal name and the address of the companies.

What do you think? Should I start developing PL with account 2 (do you think its safe) or I need to found a new company with new address and possibly my life as an owner of the new business.
nExt time have a different info for your companies.

Amazon is extremely good at linking accounts.

BTW, how many IP complaints warning emails did you get from amazon?
Old 10-22-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%

Like others suggested you want to avoid re-using any previously used info

If you give them any opportunity to link your shops, they will probably do it
Old 10-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
nExt time have a different info for your companies.

Amazon is extremely good at linking accounts.

BTW, how many IP complaints warning emails did you get from amazon?
I had 2, manage to get one of them retracted, but the other one is refusing to retract the claim. The thing that makes me crazy is that I actually didn't sold his product. Just listed it with 0 quantity, but he reported the listing for IP infringement and Amazon suspended all the sellers on that listing. I didn't expect such a drastic action from them, but it happened. I got suspended 8 month after that listing was removed from my inventory too.
Old 10-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Batter if you change the address of the company or use address service to keep your (director) and company address different then the other company

Amazon system is quite clever linking accounts
Actually, my address (personal address) is different from my address back in 2016. I have changed it last year as well as my ID because i moved to another city. Also, i didn't provide any ID on my first account, only my name. So I think Amazon can connect the dots between me as an owner (the name) and the company address. I'm thinking of changing my company address (legally) to be at my home address too. That way i will be able to change and verify it on Amazon and the address will not be the same, but I fear it's already too late since even if i remove the current address from Amazon it will be still kept as a record on their side. What do you think?
Old 10-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by des1slav View Post
... I fear it's already too late since even if i remove the current address from Amazon it will be still kept as a record on their side. What do you think?
Correct fear - you have to figure that these platforms keep all info for long time
Old 10-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Correct fear - you have to figure that these platforms keep all info for long time
But yet another thing is. I have my seller account (the second one) for more than 3 years now with no issue. That makes me think Amazon is not using the addresses to link accounts or at least it should be more than just an address to make such a drastic action like suspension. Still, I fear that someday when I have $$$$ of inventory on FBA this may happen to me.

I also recently received an email on the old account asking to submit ID and Bank account. Do you think that if I submit another ID (a friend of mine) this will increase my chance of not been linked?