Want to sell on Amazon can I use same address as sisters banned account address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Want to sell on Amazon can I use same address as sisters banned account address?

Wanting to sell on Amazon, is it a good idea to use the same address as my sister whose Amazon account was banned for making too many returns?

I have an Amazon account registered to the same address, opened years ago. Only used to buy 1-2 times in total. Should I use this account or delete it and open a fresh one?

Can the experienced Amazon guys please help as to how to proceed, thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Want to sell on Amazon can I use same address as sisters banned account address?

Don't use the same address in order to have a clean unlinked account potentially.

Not sure about that other one you have opened - might still best to just let it be and go fresh and clean
Old 03-24-2021

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Want to sell on Amazon can I use same address as sisters banned account address?

Obvious question I know but what's wrong with your current address?
Old 03-24-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

My sisters had her Amazon account on my address her account was blocked for making too many returns, I can’t risk getting my new Amazon account blocked, so do new details required.

New IP
New VCC
New User Account on Windows
Virtual Address - mail box?

Do I format the laptop or do anything with the MAC address?

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Obvious question I know but what's wrong with your current address?
Old 03-24-2021

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 78%

Do not use your sisters address it will raise a red flag and be associated, also do not use your old account at that address. Best thing is either new address for new account or change address on your old account make a couple of purchases to the new address from it and open a seller account under that one
Old 03-24-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It’s my address that my sister was using for her Amazon account it’s her account which is blocked. I’ve got an old Amazon buyer account only used 1-3 times in last 10 years but the accounts are now linked because of my sister using the same address.

I need a new address in the UK, which virtual address companies are good to use and do I need physical access to the virtual address?

My sisters subsequently has opened up another Amazon account on the same address and she uses my laptop or her phone.

I’d be right to think the laptop MAC address is now linked too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Do not use your sisters address it will raise a red flag and be associated, also do not use your old account at that address. Best thing is either new address for new account or change address on your old account make a couple of purchases to the new address from it and open a seller account under that one
Old 03-24-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
My sisters had her Amazon account on my address her account was blocked for making too many returns, I can’t risk getting my new Amazon account blocked, so do new details required.

New IP
New VCC
New User Account on Windows
Virtual Address - mail box?

Do I format the laptop or do anything with the MAC address?

Thanks in advance!
New user account is not enough, you'll need a reinstall of your OS
Old 03-24-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

SaiJin , Reinstalling the OS would still give the same MAC address? Wouldn’t it because its physical and won’t change by just reinstall the OS.

If funds permit buying a cheap laptop would certainly give a nee MAC address and be fresh for Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
New user account is not enough, you'll need a reinstall of your OS
Old 03-24-2021

Forget the MAC address, it cannot be seen by them.

There is no need to reinstall your OS, a new user account will work just fine.
Old 03-27-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Virtual Address anyone able to recommend a good place?
Old 03-27-2021

A virtual address wont hide anything, they will still want your personal information including ID, bank statement and confirmation of your residential address.

But if you must use one then there's countless firms offering this from only £100 pa. Google it and pick the one which offers the best solution for your needs.
Old 03-27-2021

Longevity: 19%

Not a good idea.
Old 03-28-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
SaiJin , Reinstalling the OS would still give the same MAC address? Wouldn’t it because its physical and won’t change by just reinstall the OS.

If funds permit buying a cheap laptop would certainly give a nee MAC address and be fresh for Amazon.
THAT'S EXActly what I do, I just buy cheap refurbished laptops and run 1 account on each. Unlike eBay, I can't run 10+ amazon accounts... each one needs too much attention
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Tim4Yan (03-28-2021)
Old 03-28-2021

Quote:
THAT'S EXActly what I do, I just buy cheap refurbished laptops and run 1 account on each. Unlike eBay, I can't run 10+ amazon accounts... each one needs too much attention
...but managing 10+ laptops is soooo much easier.
No thank you.

In any event, all they wanted to achieve for their one Amazon account was a new MAC address, they've been told that cannot be seen and a new machine isn't necessary.

If they are paranoid about their machine being 'seen' then I'd advise her to format it, reinstall with a password, use a new browser and tell their sister it's now off limits. Or just create a new password protected user.....
Old 03-29-2021

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
SaiJin, Did you create the Japanese Amazon account?
Old 03-29-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Won’t virtual address and docs matching that address work?
Or does it have to be a real physical address?
Obviously with ppal you can be creative with docs, would bring creative with docs still work on Amazon or is Amazon doing physical checks like credit voter role etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
A virtual address wont hide anything, they will still want your personal information including ID, bank statement and confirmation of your residential address.

But if you must use one then there's countless firms offering this from only £100 pa. Google it and pick the one which offers the best solution for your needs.
Old 03-29-2021

Quote:
Won’t virtual address and docs matching that address work?
No, they want verification of your residential address. If you can persuade them you live in an accommodation address office then go for it.