Name not exact on account and bank. Advice please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-25-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Name not exact on account and bank. Advice please

Hi,

Went through the verfication process through Amazon Uk, with docs submitted and video call with CS and all accepted.

Details are all my legitimate ones.

Stupidly, notinced there's a difference between the bank name and Amazon account name - account has first and last name, bank account has Mr and a middle initial, so they are not exactly matching when I come to add bank for payout.

Tried getting banks to change the name on statements but that seems to be next level difficult for any bank employee.

Not really sure what to do? Thought I might be able to open a new bank account with the name exactly as I have it on Amazon, or would Amazon be able to change this detail for me, though am always loathed to contact customer support.

I mean for example changing Mr Bill J Smith to Bill James Smith who has already been verified by video, has the same address, DOB, Driver's License, name and what not should be simple, but when is anything ever as simple when common sense comes into the equation? Or I'm cynical.

Will appreciate any help as any help comes from giving up a little free time!

Cheers!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Name not exact on account and bank. Advice please

Have you alredy added your bank details on Amazon? Is it approved ? Then don't worry about it
Old 06-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply.

No, that’s the bit I am at. Submitted the docs and did the video verification with the customer support bloke and passed all that to become a seller. Now when I went to add bank account it says they must match EXACTLY.
Not done anything since then as didn’t want to submit something that may get failed and have some kind of time limit to rectify it
Old 06-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

I Don think it will fail if its correct whatever you mentioned above, even if it's fail its different team who deal with it they will simply remove the bank account and ask you to add again no harm its nothing to do with performance team
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
samsquanch12 (06-26-2021)
Old 06-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch12 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

No, that’s the bit I am at. Submitted the docs and did the video verification with the customer support bloke and passed all that to become a seller. Now when I went to add bank account it says they must match EXACTLY.
Not done anything since then as didn’t want to submit something that may get failed and have some kind of time limit to rectify it
Which bank are you aiming to use?
Old 06-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Which bank are you aiming to use?
Hi, I'd prefer to use Lloyds but can use NatWest

Cheers
Old 06-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
I Don think it will fail if its correct whatever you mentioned above, even if it's fail its different team who deal with it they will simply remove the bank account and ask you to add again no harm its nothing to do with performance team
Hi, yeah common sense would seem it will be alright as everything is legitimate, just the names are written differently as can be with banks, credit cards and such. I checked all my banks and stuff and my name was written differently on all of them! haha. Just wary of common sense translating to the automated word, and customer support reps.
I'll probably go down the route you suggest. Appreciate you bothering to reply
Old 06-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

you need to put your bank holders name, as its on your bank statement as the "name" when adding your bank

some banks will reject a name mismatch, which will flag your amazon shop and trigger a suspension for utility bill

no point in risking it when you don't need to
Old 06-26-2021

Longevity: 77%

Here's what you should do: Contact your bank and ask them if they will accept a transfer under the name your amazon account is under, I'm assuming you're concerned about withdrawing money from Amazon here.

I did with my bank account and they pretty much said a partial match is also ok.
Old 06-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowelKing View Post
Here's what you should do: Contact your bank and ask them if they will accept a transfer under the name your amazon account is under, I'm assuming you're concerned about withdrawing money from Amazon here.

I did with my bank account and they pretty much said a partial match is also ok.
The rep on the phone won't know if something happens on the back end due to a name mismatch, which causes the amazon shop to be suspended for more info

I've had several clients call and ask their banks if mismatch is fine, and yet still get suspended for bill when they update bank (worldfirst for example)

The safest way to add bank these days is to add the name exactly as its on your bank statement. If you need to add another name, add it as a business name to your bank account, and then on Amazon
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
samsquanch12 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsquanch12 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure you'll be ok. Just put the name on the amazon part that matches your amazon profile even though the bank itself has a different name.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
samsquanch12 (06-28-2021)
Old 06-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
The rep on the phone won't know if something happens on the back end due to a name mismatch, which causes the amazon shop to be suspended for more info

I've had several clients call and ask their banks if mismatch is fine, and yet still get suspended for bill when they update bank (worldfirst for example)

The safest way to add bank these days is to add the name exactly as its on your bank statement. If you need to add another name, add it as a business name to your bank account, and then on Amazon
Wanted to speak with the bank more before posting back here with a half baked response! There was an option for a certified bank letter when uploading bank documents and that's what I have with all my details and stamped by the bank. The lady at the bank said the bank account is actually in the name that Amazon want, but it throws up different formats on statements and letters, so with an example name of the account being Bill Michael Smith, a letter can come in as Mr Bill Smith, on the statement it's Mr Bill M Smith, the associated debit card is Bill M Smith lol.
She said the account is definitely in the name of Bill Michael Smith, which is the only option I could choose from when uploading document on Amazon.
Old 06-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Appreciate all the replies to this
Old 06-28-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

FYI banks usually will say the names have to match... but we all know it's not always the case for the most part specially with bigger banks.