New Amazon accounts hacked and taken back - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-13-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default New Amazon accounts hacked and taken back

Just a word of caution, I recently bought two accounts from a random Ukrainian on facebook, he was very helpful, everything went great, they came with documents, passports, email accounts, everything. I loaded them up and started selling, and in about 1 or 2 months I suddenly couldn't login. It said no such email associated with an account. It seems that somehow they are leaving a backdoor into your account and eventually go in and change the email to a new email and banking and etc and take over the account. Lost few thousand bucks in a hurry

Also bought two accounts from Ignas here on marketplace, (IGworks@yahoo.com) and got scammed as well. He delivered two accounts but by the time I tried logging in they were already linked. Tried sending him many message, no response.

Be careful buying accounts. Not sure if it's worth buying, maybe I'll try to make them again, it used to be so easy back in the day, now with these video verifications and crap it's so hard. :(

BTW if anyone knows how I can get these amazon accounts back, let me know.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-13-2022

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: New Amazon accounts hacked and taken back

invalid email most likely means the account was terminated by amazon
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
sax4 (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Issue with an authorized marketplace seller OP? Hmm
Old 12-14-2022

Longevity: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Issue with an authorized marketplace seller OP? Hmm
Nope, because IGNAS was never an authorised Amazon seller.

They did sell VCC's if I remember rightly but haven't even posted for 18 months do long gone it seems.

OP has been stitched up, lesson learned, never buy accounts and expect them to last very long. That said, I suspect that those buying accounts are the most likely to abuse them and we all know how that ends with Amazon.
Old 12-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

They did sell VCC's if I remember rightly but haven't even posted for 18 months do long gone it seems.

OP has been stitched up, lesson learned, never buy accounts and expect them to last very long. That said, I suspect that those buying accounts are the most likely to abuse them and we all know how that ends with Amazon.
IGNAS was authorised to sell UK & US Amazon accounts between November 2018 and May 2019. He lost his account thread when elmo paid for exclusive selling rights......

Last edited by Ebayorbust; 12-14-2022 at 04:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Hank (12-14-2022), rsot (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
IGNAS was authorised to sell UK & US Amazon accounts between November 2018 and May 2019. He lost his account thread when elmo paid for exclusive selling rights......
Thank you, I stand corrected.
Is there a reason the Amazon account seller no longer trades under the 'elmo' moniker? Why the need to change ID's?
Old 12-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,040 Times in 774 Posts
Activity: 39%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
invalid email most likely means the account was terminated by amazon
this......
Old 12-14-2022

Assuming you made the obvious security changes when you started using the account it's more likely that Amazon have locked you out and your funds are trapped inside. Contact them and ask if you should have received any information as to why you were locked out or try and garner a reason.

Just for the sake of conversation and to run with your claims, if you were laxed with securing the account then I guess it's a remote possibility. Even then, a hacker can't change the bank account without knowing the original ones details - they didn't supply that too did they. How long was it between finding out and your last log in, it takes quite some time and effort before funds can be disbursed to a new bank.

I don't know then answer, just looking for a way they could get in, but could the creator have done this if they'd scanned the 2SV QR code and saved it to their own phone?

Anyway enough speculation, my money is with poster consensus - Amazon locked you out.
Old 12-14-2022

invalid email is not a simple lockout , lockout is invalid password

invalid email either means it was set back to previous email if they think account was hacked or more likely the account was shut down
Old 12-15-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

Ignas was actually authorized to sell here but not anymore for 2+ years
Old 12-15-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
Just a word of caution, I recently bought two accounts from a random Ukrainian on facebook, he was very helpful, everything went great, they came with documents, passports, email accounts, everything. I loaded them up and started selling, and in about 1 or 2 months I suddenly couldn't login. It said no such email associated with an account. It seems that somehow they are leaving a backdoor into your account and eventually go in and change the email to a new email and banking and etc and take over the account. Lost few thousand bucks in a hurry

Also bought two accounts from Ignas here on marketplace, (IGworks@yahoo.com) and got scammed as well. He delivered two accounts but by the time I tried logging in they were already linked. Tried sending him many message, no response.

Be careful buying accounts. Not sure if it's worth buying, maybe I'll try to make them again, it used to be so easy back in the day, now with these video verifications and crap it's so hard. :(

BTW if anyone knows how I can get these amazon accounts back, let me know.

You've been here long enough to know not to buy from randoms.

Anyways about your accounts, I don't think there's anything anyone can do.
Old 12-17-2022
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
this......
So just FYI no email address found doesn't mean Amazon deleted the account.

I know everyone here knows it all, but we can all agree that we learn something new every day and try to keep an open mind. I don't come here pretending to know it all, but when I learn something new, I like to share it with this community as you have all helped me a lot the last 10 years or whatever time I've been on here.

Let's try not to make this into something like the official Amazon Forum where you are ridiculed for anything you say and not offered help.

Anyway, I did manage to get one of the accounts back. Working on trying to get the second account. Firs of all, when I went to log into the account, I had it automatically remember my login and password. When I opened the window the login was filled out with a different email address, and I found it very odd so I snapped a picture with my phone. It still had a first and last name like the one I was sold, but it had a nickname on first name, and a number after the name. I changed it to the email address that I was sold and password and it said no such account found. At first I also thought maybe amazon deleted the account. But then I got suspicious because I couldn't log into any of the gmail accounts either, or the Payoneer accounts that came with them. All of them had changed passwords, so I knew there is no way Amazon had anything to do with that, and there was no way there was such coincidence that the minute amazon deleted two accounts, the seller also hacked my gmails and payoneers and took them back.

I also remembered that I left the gmail open on one of the users on my office Mac, so I went to my office and luckily the gmail account was still open and not logged out. Don't ask me how that's possible or how it works, but I immediately went in and changed backup email account, backup phone number, and authentication enabled and changed passwords for it. It also asked me if I want to log out all people currently logged in, which showed me couple logged in on a phone and computer in Ukraine.

I got on the phone with Amazon, and told them my account was hacked and I believe the email was changed. They didn't confirm or deny, they said they take this very seriously, and asked me what was the last email address I remember and last password for the account. I told them the info. They said they will send a lost password recovery to that old email address, which they did. I went through the process, but then it asked me to verify bunch of questions, one of which was the expirations of the credit card on file. I didn't have that written anywhere (lesson learned) since that card came with the account. however, it gave me the last 4 digits of the credit card, which I wrote down. I failed the verification and the account got locked. I called amazon back and told them I got locked for some reason, and I need their help. They said they will unlock it, but asked me to verify the account. I expected they will ask me for the ID and other documents but they just asked me what items I was selling, to tell them several items/colors etc. After that they asked me for the last 4 digits of the card on file, which luckily I now had from the failed verification. Voila, got the account back. Changed everything on it, new authentication app, new everything. Lessons learned:

1. When buying accounts, never trust the person even if you have purchased from them before.
2. When it says "no such email found" trying to log in, it doesn't necessarily mean the account was deleted by amazon. It can also mean someone actually changed the email on the account.
3. Don't be afraid to call Amazon on a stealth account. It's ok to act stupid when you don't know some of the answers. Think quick on your feet. Sorry I don't have my wallet and don't have that card in front of me, etc.
Old 12-18-2022

this is a lot of information , amazon accounts are very easy to protect against hacking , you just use your own google auth code and phone number

this way it would be nearly impossible to hack the account even if they have password and email access
Old 12-18-2022

All well that ends well I guess, but if there's one lesson anyone reading this thread can learn it is to initiate 2SV as soon as the account is created.

That said, it is being made mandatory from 1st December and being rolled out to all sellers so compromised accounts will become all but eliminated - it would take some slick operating coupled with a truly dopey seller to beat it.
Old 12-18-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Anyway, I did manage to get one of the accounts back. Working on trying to get the second account. Firs of all, when I went to log into the account, I had it automatically remember my login and password. When I opened the window the login was filled out with a different email address, and I found it very odd so I snapped a picture with my phone. It still had a first and last name like the one I was sold, but it had a nickname on first name, and a number after the name. I changed it to the email address that I was sold and password and it said no such account found. At first I also thought maybe amazon deleted the account. But then I got suspicious because I couldn't log into any of the gmail accounts either, or the Payoneer accounts that came with them. All of them had changed passwords, so I knew there is no way Amazon had anything to do with that, and there was no way there was such coincidence that the minute amazon deleted two accounts, the seller also hacked my gmails and payoneers and took them back.
The only way this would be possible is if you shared the VPS info with someone you work with or the original person that sold you the shop, just stole the shop back.

as you mentioned you gotta trust the buyer. There's other ways sellers can also take back the shop by claiming "they" are the original owners and you are the one that stole it. They can recover the shop using their original information used to verify the account at any point for the life of the shop.

I've had many customers tell me this happened to them going with other amazon shop sellers, and even worse, the scammers do it 6-7 months after selling you the shop when the chance of you having money in the account is high. Doesn't matter if you change the email since they can call in and regain access with the original verification info. The scammers take the shop back, lock you out, and disburse to their own bank account before you're able to get amazon to freeze the account

Its a well known scam - that's just 1 reason to be careful with those foreign amazon shop sellers... besides the shops themselves being high risk/unstable to begin with
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
alekov (12-30-2022)