Failed At The 15k verification stage - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-23-2023

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 65%
Default Failed At The 15k verification stage

Just an update really. It may be of use to others.

Lost my most recent account at the Amazon payment account verifcation stage. You get this before you hit disbursement limit of £15,000.

A pain as this was the stealth account that took longest to set up due to video verification on new accounts. It required making a physical ID.
Getting through that step was a big hurdle.

I've has a few passes at this payment account verification stage and a couple of failures. You never really know what improvements they have made in checking these details as time moves on. I'd registered as a sole trader so they had my utr number from the outset. I don't think that was the issue.

The documents required now were 'power of attorney' letter. Easy enough but i did have a rejection based on the 'wrong wording' i'd guess. They let you resubmit this as it's simply a letter where you confirm you have the authority to act for the company ('yourself'....if a sole trader).

They then asked for a hmrc document with your utr number on (i used 'notice to complete self assesment return').
Subsequently they asked for another hmrc document (i used 'confirmation of a utr number').

Reasons for failure?

The fact they asked for 2 seperate hmrc documents may be a red flag (others can say if this is normal now?)

My name was not linked to the given address so (if checking electoral roll) that may have worried them.

Thirdly, they may not have liked the items i was selling (although i'm not sure if this is part of their verification process at this stage?)

Last edited by chris100; 01-23-2023 at 04:09 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-23-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Failed At The 15k verification stage

This is for UK amazon yes?
Old 01-24-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
This is for UK amazon yes?
Yes, it is.

Here is the latest communication about holding funds....

When can I request a final disbursement?
You may request a disbursement 90 days after your account was deactivated. We will send a reminder when you are eligible to appeal for your funds if your account is not reactivated.

What happens during the disbursement appeals process?
We will conduct a separate investigation to verify your account information and evaluate your account activity. This may involve validating your identity, financial instruments, supply chain documentation or other business documentation. We may also request that you provide additional information and validate your information with government agencies or third-party services. This investigation may review any and all related accounts associated with your business.

We may also require that you conduct a virtual interview prior to disbursing any funds.

What would cause a disbursement to be denied?
If we determine that you have engaged in deceptive (including any attempt to circumvent our systems), fraudulent or illegal activity (including the sale of counterfeit goods), or repeatedly violated the policies that protect our customers and selling partners, we may withhold some or all funds in your account in accordance with the Funds Withholding Policy.

So they may require a virtual interview to disburse funds and try to validate your identity? Many stealthers will be losing funds it seems.
Old 01-24-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

feels like more to do so with items being sold
Old 01-24-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
feels like more to do so with items being sold
You could be right. I was overly confident having got away with it in the past.
I should have altered the items and relisted them after verification.

I'm guessing they often (but perhaps not always) look a what is being sold as part of the 15k review.

I did have an A to Z claim (item did not arrive) 2 hrs before failure, but that has been my only one and my feedback was 100%. So i put that down to coincidence.

Is that wording typical or is that pointing toward a confiscation of funds after 90 days? I'm not getting my hopes up.