eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Question regarding Amazon report seller's info to HMRC (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/151825-question-regarding-amazon-report-sellers-info-hmrc.html)

jane 02-04-2024 12:20 PM

Question regarding Amazon report seller's info to HMRC

Hi

I just read a discussion on eBay regarding HMRC. Someone said eBay only reports sellers who registered by January 2025, meaning sellers who registered before 2024 may report to HMRC later.

What did Amazon say? I cannot find a link about this. Can anybody shed some light?

Freakzilla 02-04-2024 12:24 PM

Re: Question regarding Amazon report seller's info to HMRC

There are about 1000000 posts about this on here already.

rsot 02-04-2024 01:15 PM

Search forum works decently

jane 02-04-2024 02:41 PM

The only one I can see is https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon...-hmrc-jan.html
where others?

jane 02-04-2024 03:00 PM

I read from page 1-10, only one discusiion found, search amazon report seller's info to HMRC, only 4 discusiions found, 2 of them are not related.
any more info about it?

Freakzilla 02-04-2024 03:00 PM

There are loads. It doesn't matter what the marketplaces say. The HMRC guidance is what matters.

jane 02-04-2024 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 1235129)
There are loads. It doesn't matter what the marketplaces say. The HMRC guidance is what matters.

thanks for your useless info.
I don't know what the point this forum exist if question answered like yours.
You look knowlogble, unfortunately useless to people who seeks answers.

Freakzilla 02-04-2024 04:04 PM

All the answers are on the HMRc website and here.

The point of the forum is to share information. There's no need to put the same information multiple times just because you can't be bothered to look for yourself.

jane 02-04-2024 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 1235134)
All the answers are on the HMRc website and here.

The point of the forum is to share information. There's no need to put the same information multiple times just because you can't be bothered to look for yourself.

I cannot see anything you share, maybe you are just not bothered to share.

Freakzilla 02-04-2024 04:14 PM

I've posted about this loads of times. Are you unable to search on this forum or google?

jane 02-04-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 1235137)
I've posted about this loads of times. Are you unable to search on this forum or google?

I did search, and yours.
not many as you said.

Freakzilla 02-04-2024 04:45 PM

There's loads, good luck when the marketplaces share the info with HMRC next year if you can't even find the answers here or on google.

OldTom 02-05-2024 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane (Post 1235096)
Hi

I just read a discussion on eBay regarding HMRC. Someone said eBay only reports sellers who registered by January 2025, meaning sellers who registered before 2024 may report to HMRC later.

What did Amazon say? I cannot find a link about this. Can anybody shed some light?

Amazon will have to follow suit. Not that it matters because as is already the case, if Amazon merely suspect you're running a business from behind a private seller account then they'll suspend you and make you supply your business info.

If you're already running business accounts then I suspect you're going to be relatively unaffected, you've already supplied them with your UTR so giving them your NI number shouldn't be an issue, or alternatively your Limited Company details.

Surely nobody these days plans on making a living on Amazon through private seller accounts.

jane 02-06-2024 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldTom (Post 1235222)
Amazon will have to follow suit. Not that it matters because as is already the case, if Amazon merely suspect you're running a business from behind a private seller account then they'll suspend you and make you supply your business info.

If you're already running business accounts then I suspect you're going to be relatively unaffected, you've already supplied them with your UTR so giving them your NI number shouldn't be an issue, or alternatively your Limited Company details.

Surely nobody these days plans on making a living on Amazon through private seller accounts.

Are you saying only private seller account affected?
yes my account is business account, does this mean Amazon won't report business sellers to HMRC?
Sorry I am a little bit confusing.

chris100 02-06-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane (Post 1235295)
Are you saying only private seller account affected?
yes my account is business account, does this mean Amazon won't report business sellers to HMRC?
Sorry I am a little bit confusing.

Amazon routinely share information with HMRC...even before these new changes.

HMRC have a system where anomalies are picked up and flagged. Anything from spending on credit cards to offshore income.

I used a friend's details and it was picked up as he wasn't a higher rate tax payer.
Even though money was disbursed into my bank it was he who was contacted by HMRC as those were the details supplied by Amazon.