Account deactivated instantly after upgrading to professional - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-06-2024

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 65%
Default Account deactivated instantly after upgrading to professional

New account was deactivated instantly on upgrading to professional selling plan. They want electric/gas statement and business licence. Documents that have already been supplied.
Presumably they will ask for these documents again i get closer to £15k disbursement limit.

This must be routine for new accounts as it was instant. This is a private limited company account btw....so more hassle to set up.

Noticed can't edit images on listings or edit them. Amazon is becoming harder.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 94%
Default Re: Account deactivated instantly after upgrading to professional

Off topic, but how did the meeting with HMRC go?
Old 02-06-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris100 View Post
New account was deactivated instantly on upgrading to professional selling plan. They want electric/gas statement and business licence. Documents that have already been supplied.
Presumably they will ask for these documents again i get closer to £15k disbursement limit.

This must be routine for new accounts as it was instant. This is a private limited company account btw....so more hassle to set up.

Noticed can't edit images on listings or edit them. Amazon is becoming harder.
Yep they can ask for the same thing a few times over. They wont check to see if they have already had it supplied in the past they will just request it again from you and chances are they will ask for it again in the future
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
chris100 (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakzilla View Post
Off topic, but how did the meeting with HMRC go?
It was a video interview so less daunting. I had an accountant with me who deals with HMRC cases.
They are satisfied i am complying and are amiable. I have paid money on account to cover most of the deficit.

It's intrusive and they want to know everything about your business (going way back) but i think if you don't try and hide any past earnings they won't take it further (hopefully).

Accountant will provide final report by end of the month and hopefully it can be wrapped up. It's taken about 8 months.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chris100 For This Useful Post:
99p (02-15-2024), Freakzilla (02-06-2024), JamesNorth101 (02-06-2024), rsot (02-08-2024)
Old 02-06-2024
Threadstarter  

...and now they want the video verification or take photo holding ID option.

Document was a passport so this is very difficult.

If you opted to use the "Take a photo of your face" feature in Seller Central,
a) Select "Take a photo of your face."
b) Follow the prompts to take photos of your face and ID document using the camera on your device so that we can compare your identity document and face photo to determine if they match.
This feature allows you to complete your identity verification in 3 to 8 minutes.

Picture matches but document has creative elements. If it's a bot maybe the focus won't be on the identity document. That's wishful thinking though. I imagine a human will give it full scrutiny to make sure digits match.
Old 02-07-2024
Threadstarter  

....and now this email

"Due to the recent deactivation of your Selling account as a result of violations of our policies, your account is now in a 90-day settlement period and your disbursements are temporarily disabled".

This looks like something in addition to confirming identity? Either they didn't like the original ID document or they didn't like what was being sold?

That looks like the end of the line for this account.
Old 02-07-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Do you know if it's AI or a human that reviewed your account?
Old 02-07-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

I dont think anyone can ever know that for sure
Old 02-07-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Do you know if it's AI or a human that reviewed your account?
I don't know. I assumed AI if it was triggered by upgrading to professional account.

The second email looks ominous but the account isn't restricted as yet (as with another I lost last year)

They still want a video meeting or face recognition....but this is conducted via a link that goes to the US site. On clicking that I am getting an invalid charge card message and can't proceed.
It seems my debit card is fine on UK and European marketplaces, but the US marketplace doesn't accept it (perhaps a credit card is needed)?

So I may have to add a new card to my account and run the risk of also losing that if my ID fails verification.
Old 02-13-2024
Threadstarter  

Ok, so this got reactivated after i submitted utility bill and later submitted my ID in real time with facial recognition.

It's almost as if this new account is 'marked' as i it was deactivated just after opening (invalid credit card) some weeks ago. I fixed the card issue and then verified with utility bill.

The second deactivation came instantly after upgrading to professional seller.

I'm speculating, but it's as if they don't like the original set up (i'm using an office address for my residential address which might explain it).
The bots may not like this and it could trigger a verification anytime it passes under their gaze (like upgrading to pro seller)?

The reactivation email reads.... "Thank you for submitting your appeal. We have reviewed the information that you provided and have reactivated your account. Any funds that were withheld as a result of deactivation are now eligible for disbursement.

Please make sure that you have taken the necessary steps to prevent these issues from happening again. If these issues continue, your account may be deactivated."

That sounds more like a policy/listing infringement but if someone else has had that as standard reactivation email please let me know?
Old 02-13-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ok, so this got reactivated after i submitted utility bill and later submitted my ID in real time with facial recognition.

It's almost as if this new account is 'marked' as i it was deactivated just after opening (invalid credit card) some weeks ago. I fixed the card issue and then verified with utility bill.

The second deactivation came instantly after upgrading to professional seller.

I'm speculating, but it's as if they don't like the original set up (i'm using an office address for my residential address which might explain it).
The bots may not like this and it could trigger a verification anytime it passes under their gaze (like upgrading to pro seller)?

The reactivation email reads.... "Thank you for submitting your appeal. We have reviewed the information that you provided and have reactivated your account. Any funds that were withheld as a result of deactivation are now eligible for disbursement.

Please make sure that you have taken the necessary steps to prevent these issues from happening again. If these issues continue, your account may be deactivated."

That sounds more like a policy/listing infringement but if someone else has had that as standard reactivation email please let me know?
COngrats on getting this one sorted. a win for all of us.

Nevera reactivation thing like this. This does sound like something triggered the suspension. Can you think of anything?
Old 02-13-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
COngrats on getting this one sorted. a win for all of us.

Nevera reactivation thing like this. This does sound like something triggered the suspension. Can you think of anything?
For certain they would not like my listings.
In the past I waited for the 15k review and then 'adjusted' the listings to something more acceptable. That used to work some years back but I noticed you can not edit listings (or change images) at all upon deactivation (however you can on a verification).
Luckily I could still delete listings so I did that instead.

If this were out of the blue it would be a no brainer. However, instant deactivation after adding a charge card and then again by upgrading to pro seller...this indicates something else.
Maybe when upgrading a human checked the listings...but they would have to have done it almost immediately. I think that is unlikely.
Old 02-15-2024
Threadstarter  

Ok, I can confirm they do not like the address. Had another verification email saying...

Why is this happening?
-- The PROOF OF ADDRESS DOCUMENT that you provided was addressed to a business"

Will have to provide new address but this then won't match the address I have already registered with them. This would then bring on another round of re-verifications.
Old 02-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
This would then bring on another round of re-verifications.
Spiral loop of headaches...hopefully not but looking like so...
Old 02-15-2024
Super Moderator

Quote:
For certain they would not like my listings.
In the past I waited for the 15k review and then 'adjusted' the listings to something more acceptable. That used to work some years back but I noticed you can not edit listings (or change images) at all upon deactivation (however you can on a verification).
Luckily I could still delete listings so I did that instead.

If this were out of the blue it would be a no brainer. However, instant deactivation after adding a charge card and then again by upgrading to pro seller...this indicates something else.
Maybe when upgrading a human checked the listings...but they would have to have done it almost immediately. I think that is unlikely.
remind me again why they wouldn't like your listings?
Old 02-15-2024

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:
Ok, I can confirm they do not like the address. Had another verification email saying...

Why is this happening?
-- The PROOF OF ADDRESS DOCUMENT that you provided was addressed to a business"

Will have to provide new address but this then won't match the address I have already registered with them. This would then bring on another round of re-verifications.
Surely you must have seen this coming, you know that under 'Primary Contact' information they ask for your residential address.

Did you doctor the utility bill you submitted, if so I suspect you're in a bit of a pickle when you add a residential address which I guess is an issue of it's own.
Old 02-15-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTom View Post
Surely you must have seen this coming, you know that under 'Primary Contact' information they ask for your residential address.

Did you doctor the utility bill you submitted, if so I suspect you're in a bit of a pickle when you add a residential address which I guess is an issue of it's own.
Yes, the thinking is that they wouldn't pick up it's an office address. It took them quite a while. You have to test their systems to find these things out.

The problem using a normal residential address is that if any correspondence goes there (think HMRC or companies house) you could face potential issues. My own address was used long ago.

I will send a different form of address confirmation this time.
In the past they have allowed you to change things on your account if they didn't match. I'm not overly optimistic but they could have deactivated the account immediately if they thought it was stealth.
Old 02-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

You can edit the address and send proof of address it’s quite easy to pass
Old 02-17-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
You can edit the address and send proof of address it’s quite easy to pass
I take it they have given up on sending out postcards with confirmation codes on?

Or maybe that is just a USA thing?
Old 02-17-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
I take it they have given up on sending out postcards with confirmation codes on?

Or maybe that is just a USA thing?
I never had this request on any of my account
Old 02-20-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%

Chris100- Keep up the good work.. I have sculked around here for many years and have given up on trying to open up new accounts for the past 2 years. Hope you find a way,
Old 03-02-2024
Threadstarter  

Unfortunately this account failed verification. Just got the following email:

We were unable to verify the information you provided when registering for a Selling on Amazon payment account and, as a result, your Selling on Amazon payment account could not be opened. Unfortunately, this means that you will not be able to continue to sell on Amazon.

We leveraged a combination of automated means and expert human review to identify this issue and make this decision.

They were never happy with this account and kept asking for info. They recognised it was an office address at first and wanted a residential address for director.
They then rejected the first utility bill even though it was the correct format. I sent a second stealth utility bill and got suspicious that it was taking a week to verify.

I suspect they check the electoral roll to match names so i used a residential address with same surname...to no avail.

It was a business account so was a hassle to open business bank account and register with companies house. Put me off going that route again and my next stealth account will be a personal one. Unfortunately that means stealth UTR but that's the only way.