I need help getting started with amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default I need help getting started with amazon

I am 16 years old planning on selling on amazon with my fathers assistance we plan on doing it together, we have an LLC, and i can use his identification, besides that i need help getting started.

Im scrolling through these discussions and i find them somewhat helpful but not very relatable, but maybe i didnt look hard enough. If anyone can help me become a seller id greatly appreicate it!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

you have to be 18 ,so is your account registered in his name,SSN,address and phone nu,ber,driver licens.makes sure everything agrees.
what do you want to sell?
some categories are closed eg DVD.
Others you may have to seek permission.
whose bank account will the sales proceeds go to.

why does he need a stealth account?
if his father is the owner of the account,makes sure all the information about him are his,do not mix yours with his.
You two should consult your accountant as well.
AMZN is more than tough to do business,it is almost impossible,I get the feeling it does not care for small sellers ,better we just disappear.so in that sense,Ebay is a better place for us,the so called weekend warriors!

also what will you be selling?
It is very cutthroat selling on AMZN,you could be competing with the wholesalers you bought from,how can you compete?

You have to tell us what will you be selling?
Are they MIB as in mint in box,this is a trade term to describe something you order from factory /distributor,wholesaler,
Or do you go to liquidation ,store returns,or 20% off retail stores,retailers also sell wholesale,20% off.
Ebay starts out as a place for collectibles,now you can find practically everything from Disney figurirnes,jewelry,camera,electroncis (ised,new,salavage),coins,stamps,digital,coupons,c ars,books,dvd .
The reason why I suggest you two talk to a tax accountant is that you are underage,your father will be reporting the incomes on his return,since everything is in his name.
You may want to suggest to your father to open a new bank account just for selling

Listing is free for both AMZN and Ebay,I find Ebay to be cheaper,some may disagree.
You can try both and find out for yourself
Ebay also has age limit 18 years old.
try Ebay first,look around your house,do you have an old Roku,Ipod,laptop,DVD,camera you dont need,then try listing it
Ebay has a category for electronic items sold as scrap,salvage,
also spend sometim reading buyer/seller protection,ship with tracking,signature confirmation,return policy .and Ebay global shipping program where it would save you money selling to overseas buyers

Last edited by TGMT²; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:49 PM. Reason: merged for post count cheating
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
lizhuzhu (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: I need help getting started with amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whqr View Post
I am 16 years old planning on selling on amazon with my fathers assistance we plan on doing it together, we have an LLC, and i can use his identification, besides that i need help getting started.

Im scrolling through these discussions and i find them somewhat helpful but not very relatable, but maybe i didnt look hard enough. If anyone can help me become a seller id greatly appreicate it!
The account needs to be operated by your father.
If I were you I'd make Amazon Ghost accounts for practice first.

You can read the guide: Amazon Ghost

Amazon is a VERY tough place to do business, it's great that you are entrepreneurial at your age, but I'd practice with back up accounts first if I were you.

Read the guide and around the forums.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

best to operate around your father.

That being said, list your steps on account creation and forum will definitely reply
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
you have to be 18 ,so is your account registered in his name,SSN,address and phone nu,ber,driver licens.makes sure everything agrees.
what do you want to sell?
some categories are closed eg DVD.
Others you may have to seek permission.
whose bank account will the sales proceeds go to.
everything would go to his, he gave me permission to use his funds initially and where the profits go it doesnt really matter but more than likley every thing to him, but im also unsure where i should start
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
why does he need a stealth account?
if his father is the owner of the account,makes sure all the information about him are his,do not mix yours with his.
You two should consult your accountant as well.
AMZN is more than tough to do business,it is almost impossible,I get the feeling it does not care for small sellers ,better we just disappear.so in that sense,Ebay is a better place for us,the so called weekend warriors!
is ebay still profitable and selling now? it feels as if ebay has not crossed my mind when going to buy things recently so im wondering if theres still hope selling there, also im not going to mix anything but whats going to make me stand out in a sense would be the products i have to offer? but does ebay have cheaper fees, or less startup costs ? as long as people buy there i dont mind making a switch, i just thought that it would be nice to sell on amazon since i felt like there are more opportunities there
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
is ebay still profitable and selling now? it feels as if ebay has not crossed my mind when going to buy things recently so im wondering if theres still hope selling there, also im not going to mix anything but whats going to make me stand out in a sense would be the products i have to offer? but does ebay have cheaper fees, or less startup costs ? as long as people buy there i dont mind making a switch, i just thought that it would be nice to sell on amazon since i felt like there are more opportunities there
AZ feels like it has more quality customers but the registration steps are more stringent than eb
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 2%

good ,you need Strong supply chain.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 2%

I have a strong Chinese factory. I will share their products on my independent website. Their products will be sent to the United States and other places. The profit of distribution is very large. Friends who are interested can chat with me privately. I am an ebay seller myself
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
If I were you I'd make Amazon Ghost accounts for practice first.

You can read the guide: Amazon Ghost

Amazon is a VERY tough place to do business, it's great that you are entrepreneurial at your age, but I'd practice with back up accounts first if I were you.
...and I wouldn't. A newbie messing about with bogus info, not to mention the additional hardware/PC , IP addresses, counterfeit documents requirements etc etc etc is madness. Actually, I can't believe you advised someone to go stealth who has never even had an account AND has valid info to use!

But I guess I can see why you might....
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:

This forum is about getting back on Amazon having burned your legitimate info.

Done right using your fathers info it can be done.

Indeed it could be said that relying on this forum for a newbie could introduce more 'bad habits' than it will avoid.

Google 'Amazon Seller University', they provide a wealth of information about how to sign up as a seller.

But it's not easy, you need to be disciplined, have a reliable and bona fide wholesaler and never do anything outside of the strict terms Amazon impose.

But clearly it can be done, there are many of us selling on Amazon and making good money. Just do everything right.

When you sign up make sure you enter everything 100% correct. Check and double check what you enter and always know they will be checking it themselves and asking for ID, company info etc. If you get it right and have all your documents in place then go for it...or should I say, get your father to go for it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I cant think of anything to sell on AMZN,everything is already there !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 89%
Longevity: 40%

It is still being blessed on eBay, it is still very profitable.
The problem is that eBay accounts are being very limited (real accounts and also stealth ones), but being very honest, it is very good to sell on eBay and it can still be achieved.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue_Sky View Post
...and I wouldn't. A newbie messing about with bogus info, not to mention the additional hardware/PC , IP addresses, counterfeit documents requirements etc etc etc is madness. Actually, I can't believe you advised someone to go stealth who has never even had an account AND has valid info to use!

But I guess I can see why you might....
stealth is a good thing to learn for someone who has never had an account and hasnt used valid info in the past...
Old 4 Weeks Ago

The account would be in his father's name
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
stealth is a good thing to learn for someone who has never had an account and hasnt used valid info in the past...
Don't be so ridiculous, of course it isn't.

If it was, why did you advise them earlier to work around their fathers legitimate info?

I am convinced some of you who give advice on Amazon have never been an Amazon seller.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Don't be so ridiculous, of course it isn't.

If it was, why did you advise them earlier to work around their fathers legitimate info?

I am convinced some of you who give advice on Amazon have never been an Amazon seller.
Not being ridiculous - stealth is great to learn.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Not being ridiculous - stealth is great to learn.
Then you've clearly never sold on Amazon then as a suggested.

If you has you would know that the chances of them voiding the one set of legitimate details they have is dangerously high, and that's before you factor in the new PC, new IP, bank, clean everything....utter madness.

So they 'practice' with counterfeit info and inevitably fail, which they 100% will. Tell me what you think they have learned?

How about this for a wacky idea...do it once, do it right, and trade in the knowledge you haven't left any scraps for Amazon to link you to your stupid practice accounts.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Then you've clearly never sold on Amazon then as a suggested.

If you has you would know that the chances of them voiding the one set of legitimate details they have is dangerously high, and that's before you factor in the new PC, new IP, bank, clean everything....utter madness.

So they 'practice' with counterfeit info and inevitably fail, which they 100% will. Tell me what you think they have learned?

How about this for a wacky idea...do it once, do it right, and trade in the knowledge you haven't left any scraps for Amazon to link you to your stupid practice accounts.
Who are you to accuse me of having never sold on Amazon. I have on both US and Can platforms - not UK though.

It is madness but stealth/ghost info has worked for me. Those people who practice might also be selling high risk items - which I havent.

If you look at my prior posts - way before you ever joined the forum, you'll see that I like the old IP access for example...

Watch yourself before you come on the forum with accusatory comments - be civil
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I am having a lot of problem now with AMZN third party selling ,since my local company cables get cut,I no longer have the phone number registered with AMZN for 2 factor verification,but I cannot closed my account since I cannot log in to do it myself.
Now I open a case ,we shall see what happens
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Who are you to accuse me of having never sold on Amazon. I have on both US and Can platforms - not UK though.

It is madness but stealth/ghost info has worked for me. Those people who practice might also be selling high risk items - which I havent.

If you look at my prior posts - way before you ever joined the forum, you'll see that I like the old IP access for example...

Watch yourself before you come on the forum with accusatory comments - be civil

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I did not 'accuse' you of anything, I said your stupid idea of messing about with practice accounts suggested your were not a seller - if you were you would not, in any shape of form, suggest it's 'a good idea'. Kinda makes it worse if you are a current seller.

Man up and accept that you are wrong.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

why would someone suggest a 16 years old newbie to learn stealth,when he is using his father account and just getting his feet wet?