Should I repost this to AMZN,if so how? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

It looks like someone got hold of my tracfone number,so today I received a phone call from someone with a heavy Indian accent,
He claimed he is from AMZN and ask if I just placed an order on AMZN for IPOD and Iphone?
I said no,so he transferred me to AMZN security,
Another indian accent guy said not only does the scammer opened another account under my name,linked my Chase bank account and bought these AAPL products,it also transferred $2100 dollars from my Chase account.
Then upon further investigation,the scammer also used my ID ,SSN and open 3 bank accounts -PNC,Citibank and another one I cant recall now,and transferred total $661,000 from those accounts to a bank in Cambodia.
This is a case of stolen identity,theft and money laundering so he would now transferred me to the Federal Trade Commision and speak to an investigator.
An Indian accent guy picked up the phone and said his name is Leroy Jones and Federal batch number XXYGHT,he said he will have to open a case and it will be investigated ,the government will freeze my bank accounts during investigation which could take weeks,months and even years and I would not be able to use those funds,so how many bank accounts do I have and how far in miles are the nearest branches.
Go now to withdrew 80% of your deposit,if they ask you why,then said I need money to buy grocery,go now !!!!!!!
Do not tell them about the investigation as they may freeze my accounts.
So I decide to leave the house and go to the banks,but he kept calling me and ask me how many miles are these banks away from my home?
BY then I realise this is all BS,how can there be so many Indians talking to me all in one day?
and why does the FTC investigator care how many miles are these bank branches away from my home?
I looked up my AMZN account and I dont see any new order of iphone and ipod?
Should I report to AMZN,I also an email from donotreply@primerica.com saying my account has been temporarily suspended due t o unusual activities

I will patiently wait for SAX4 to advice me what I should do,but thanks for your suggestion

But why does he care how many miles away from my home are these branches>Do they plan to ambush me?? or break into my home?
Also he either advised me to take my cell phone or leave it at home,I dont remember?
He also asked if my cell phone is always plugged in,I said yes.

How did they get my tracfone number?
I was checking auto rates and I give away the number,then I received many phone calls from agents wanting to sell me auto insurance,either someone passes my number to these Indians or they sign up as insurance agent.
thanks I will take a look at those sites.
I hope someone has already reported them to AMZN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue_Sky View Post
This thread would be comical if OP wasn't being serious.

It's the template for a scam which has been aired on nearly every social media platform with some funny scambaiter vids on youtube.

Oh the irony of someone getting suckered by this on a stealth forum.

FYO there is no need to contact Amazon or your bank because non of what they claim exists - it's all in your mind and that's how the scam works.

Relax, and go and watch a new movie. I suggest the Beekeeper.
----------------
Ever since our local phone company cables were cut by a competitor,I lost internet,landline and TV ,it has been awful trying to find alternatives,first the landline company customer service is useless,sometimes you get an overseas person,sometimes a local one,neither can do anything as they try to install new cables.
I went to T MOBILE,I went to Comcast,I went to AT&T,they all try to lock me into a subscription plan,I signed up with AT&T and ported my landline phone number ,then I cancelled my AT&T plan but I cant get my phone number back as AT&T no longer have that number.
I sell on AMZN registered with that phone number but I cant get into my seller account without 2 factor verification as my old phone number is no longer mine,so I appealed and AMZN approved my buyer account,not my seller account,what good does it do?
Then I have to relist all my books under my buyer account and I do have many books for sale but my old AMZN account is still active,if anyone places an order and I cant get into my account to fill order,I am in trouble .
So when the Indians called me,I thought this could be AMZN calling?Too bad,they dont have an American accent,at least the FTC investigator should be American.
thanks for the links,I will take a look tonight,HAPPY EASTER to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by krones View Post
call your banks and amazon for sure directly!! Don't trust strangers who called.
I checked my AMZN account and my bank accounts,nothing has changed.
what I do not understand is why the FTC investigator kept asking me how many miles are these banks from my home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
You;ve been here long enough... don't you know you should use paragraphs for much easier reading?
paragraph is not good enough,it should skip a line .

riginally Posted by krones View Post
call your banks and amazon for sure directly!! Don't trust strangers who called.
-----
I cant find an AMZN number to call,not in this case but when I cant get into my seller account?and when they shut down my account by mistake,all I can do is email them,now I cant even find an email addr on their website
But who would think some Indians guys will come up with some scams like that,they did not have anything to gain?

I clicked on your link,the guy does not look any better than the Indians which tried to fool me.
Any way,a lesson learned,thanks any way.
I watched Youtube every night,it has some interesting videos,movies you have to pay elsewhere is free on Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue_Sky View Post
They had you in your car heading to the bank FFS!

Where do you think it was leading....

I take it you didn't even bother to look at the vids TMGT2 took the trouble of getting for you otherwise you would now be posting along the lines of "oh wow, silly me, thanks for enlightening me"

Please, watch the vids we don't want you going all Jason Statham beekeper on us.
NO,I did not get into my car,I told the Indian I was about to go to the bank,but the police is here so I need to quit answering the phone,then he quitted calling.

Last edited by TGMT²; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:38 AM. Reason: merged for post count cheating
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Should I repost this to AMZN,if so how?

in such case you should always break up contact
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

You;ve been here long enough... don't you know you should use paragraphs for much easier reading?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
quantum (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 1%

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 5%

This thread would be comical if OP wasn't being serious.

It's the template for a scam which has been aired on nearly every social media platform with some funny scambaiter vids on youtube.

Oh the irony of someone getting suckered by this on a stealth forum.

FYO there is no need to contact Amazon or your bank because non of what they claim exists - it's all in your mind and that's how the scam works.

Relax, and go and watch a new movie. I suggest the Beekeeper.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Blue_Sky For This Useful Post:
quantum (4 Weeks Ago), TGMT² (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
so today I received a phone call from someone with a heavy Indian accent
You really need to educate yourself with the typical scams out there..

https://www.youtube.com/@PleasantGreen

https://www.youtube.com/@KitbogaShow

Watch a few of the fun videos from both of those sites, and the likelihood of you getting scammed in the future will be almost zero.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 72%

smh...I didn't even try to read the entire post. Rookie mistake
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 5%

Quote:
But who would think some Indians guys will come up with some scams like that,they did not have anything to gain?
They had you in your car heading to the bank FFS!

Where do you think it was leading....

I take it you didn't even bother to look at the vids TMGT2 took the trouble of getting for you otherwise you would now be posting along the lines of "oh wow, silly me, thanks for enlightening me"

Please, watch the vids we don't want you going all Jason Statham beekeper on us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Blue_Sky For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

only seeing this post now agent006140 - seems like all resolved
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

Paypal just asked me to change my password,I did.
I also changed password and log on ID with some of my bank accounts.
I wonder if they are really in India ,as the voices coming thru are quite clear,must better than the call centers used by some US companies,from Philippines.
Whatever happens to Nigerian scams?
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 72%

As long as there are people dumb enough to fall for them, there will be scammers...
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Paypal just asked me to change my password,I did.
I also changed password and log on ID with some of my bank accounts.
I wonder if they are really in India ,as the voices coming thru are quite clear,must better than the call centers used by some US companies,from Philippines.
Whatever happens to Nigerian scams?
Every known population and 'appropriated' scams still exist
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
As long as there are people dumb enough to fall for them, there will be scammers...
There will always be first timer,we are not born with such knowledge