More evidence that Amazon calls suppliers to verify invoices... - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: More evidence that Amazon calls suppliers to verify invoices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I bet you now their stuff is on AMZN.
could be that amazon are also their customer so they could have an agreement they do not sell same items in quantity to their sellers so that amazon can sell it instead
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Activity: 85%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
they have a list of authorized suppliers , any supplier who refuses to give out information will have their invoices rejected which is eventually a problem for the seller

I suspect that all of these authorized suppliers also have amazon as a major buyer for their own sales with a dedicated manager processing their orders and I doubt they would be in the mood of losing amazon as customer
Maybe you are very right about this, but it is also a problem in the United States if a supplier shares personal information and what they buy from Amazon...
There are laws in some states that prohibit it...
I don't think this will create any problems, it's simply what I've seen in a long time.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobar View Post
Maybe you are very right about this, but it is also a problem in the United States if a supplier shares personal information and what they buy from Amazon...
There are laws in some states that prohibit it...
I don't think this will create any problems, it's simply what I've seen in a long time.
whether it is legal or not also depends on their privacy policy , for example ebay regularly share personal details with third parties and all sellers agree to this although most sellers are not aware they gave their permission

amazon literally spy on people analyzing their computers and this does not seem to be illegal either
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
When they request invoice they ask you to tick the box that Amazon may contact the supplier to check the authenticity of invoice you can’t appeal without ticking this box

Have you event sold on Amazon ? Any seller who sells on Amazon knows that
Thank you for that, seems a more logical approach from Amazon albeit at complete odds with the nonsense murdered_by_ebay is peddling. I wonder why they didn't know this?

I think it's pretty clear from my posts I sell on Amazon although we would have to question if some other posters do.

As an aside, how would 'any seller who sells on Amazon know that' until they get asked for invoices as it's not in their main policy. You seem to be the only poster here who's made this claim yet many posters say they've been asked and would surely know.

OP didn't mention it, MBE didn't know it, and I didn't know it and I've sent them invoices in the past and don't remember checking a box agreeing to it but may well have done so I guess.

One thing is for sure, both of you can't be right.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
whether it is legal or not also depends on their privacy policy , for example ebay regularly share personal details with third parties and all sellers agree to this although most sellers are not aware they gave their permission

amazon literally spy on people analyzing their computers and this does not seem to be illegal either
and this is why operating in stealth info is even better....although harder these days of course
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Activity: 85%
Longevity: 40%

Of course, sharing information when you use their platform is not illegal, you accept the policies.
But in a store, when you buy, for example: girls' clothes from a Chinese supplier, it is almost impossible for him to send information to Amazon...
that's why I say it.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTom View Post
Thank you for that, seems a more logical approach from Amazon albeit at complete odds with the nonsense murdered_by_ebay is peddling. I wonder why they didn't know this?

I think it's pretty clear from my posts I sell on Amazon although we would have to question if some other posters do.

As an aside, how would 'any seller who sells on Amazon know that' until they get asked for invoices as it's not in their main policy. You seem to be the only poster here who's made this claim yet many posters say they've been asked and would surely know.

OP didn't mention it, MBE didn't know it, and I didn't know it and I've sent them invoices in the past and don't remember checking a box agreeing to it but may well have done so I guess.

One thing is for sure, both of you can't be right.
*rolls eyes*... a simple check box finally convinces him that amazon actually checks with suppliers. That's quite an ego you have there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quantum For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (2 Weeks Ago), murdered_by_ebay (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 63%

I'm just here to watch the fight

PhD
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
*rolls eyes*... a simple check box finally convinces him that amazon actually checks with suppliers. That's quite an ego you have there
*rolls eyes*... a simple check box is something you aught to remember, that's quite a poor memory you have there.

If you read the thread, and others I've commented on, you'll see that I do not doubt they may make some kind of cursory check, maybe by way of a call to see if the supplier actually picks up. What I am disagreeing with, and nobody can confirm other than unfounded hearsay, is that Amazon have the right to demand information from our suppliers as a matter of policy or there is some ridiculous list of approved suppliers and that suppliers do indeed roll over and divulge our persona data.

MBE didn't know about the check box, you clearly didn't and you started the thread, and I don't remember seeing one when I submitted invoices. only one person on this entire forum claims it exists.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

You can't be serious

Let me boil it down for you...

I started the thread not mentioning a check box. The thread wasn't about the check box. This is about Amazon checking invoices. Everyone contributed their supporting evidence including the check box.

Please explain to me how does one refuse to believe that Amazon doesn't check invoices when their message states that the invoice I supplied has not yet been fulfilled? It's in plain English, black and white... read the original post... read the title.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

don't let your ego dig yourself a bigger hole. You've shot down everyone's contribution to this thread... only to be wrong in the end. Maybe try encouraging the community to share knowledge instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to quantum For This Useful Post:
Phd (1 Week Ago)