Something to think about...(Amazon) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Something to think about...(Amazon)

So I was selling on amazon for 3 months and all was going well. I successfully passed the initial 30 day restriction by giving them my supplier information which was from China (I was selling media). Got up to selling 20 items per week, 100 percent feedback and no A-Z claims.

I received an email from a customer and in the email the customers says some of the DVDs did not work, they never had this problem, it must have been burnt wrong. His words not mine. I told him to send them back and I will replace them, no problem. Then the next day I listed another 15 items for sale making my total for the week 35 (I was trying to increase how many items I sell).

Anyways I get the email from amazon stating my account has been permanently suspended because I may be selling recopied media, the next day after the email and same day I relisted. After reflecting over my actions to discover what may have caused this I have come to assume that it was the email stating the DVD was burned incorrectly or not waiting until the next week to list my additional 15 items or a combination of both.

Be very careful of what buyers say in emails and even though you can't control what they will say, you can control how you will respond to it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I think that this was inevitable. Media is a HUGE high-risk area, and Amazon has been cleaning house lately.

The number of sales seems like a lot. Add to that the fact that you gave them supplier info in China, the email through Amazon stating the DVD's were burned and the fact that you were listing more items.

My guess is that the email NAILED it for them, but that either your sales history or the fact that you were addming many new items triggered something for human review.

Of course, Amazon cannot know for sure if the DVD's were legitimate or not. They simply reviewed your account and decided that it represented a risk to them that was not worth it.

When it comes to Media, I have not known anyone to last for very long on Amazon. The longest was maybe 6 months.

Where eBay sellers are competitive, Amazon sellers are ABSOLUTELY CUTTHROAT! They report each other to Amazon, open stealth buyer accounts to send emails through Amazon accusing each other of piracy, and all kinds of things. So you could have been shut down even if you didn't have a single customer complaint. Believe me, I KNOW!

Last edited by jeffweico; 07-24-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2010

Longevity: 84%

i agree too, maybe u sell other stuff which are not illegal, like cables, batteries......

ok DVDs are a good beginning, but when u want less problems, dont sell Media on Amazon!
Old 07-26-2010

Longevity: 80%

DVD from China ? giving them supplier information?)) you are kidding me man /you are doomed
Old 07-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Yes I did, not as slick as other people, but I was able to sell for 2 months afterwords no problem so I'm happy. But I'm done with DVDs, they are too much of a target, even when I bought them from BestBuy and mark them up like $5 dollars or more, because I got them when they first came out on sale or preordered, still got shut down by PayPal.

The longest I have been able to sell DVDs and this isn't talking Amazon but eBay/PayPal is a year. When PayPal asked for my supplier information, I gave it to them, again China, again account limitation lifted. It was when I switched to a dropshipper in USA and began getting claims is when that ended and I was asked to supply information that I had the products in hand to ship, provide invoices proving it and you should know the rest of that story.

I'm not saying that what I did was right or recommending my actions to anyone. I made mistakes and I'm willing to learn from them, you and everyone else here, that is why I am here, because I don't know it all and obviously haven't figured it out. But for those that may not know maybe they can learn from my mistakes and not do what I did. That is the point.

That is what I thought this forum was about. A place where we could help each other to be successful selling online whether it be eBay, Amazon, whatever. I'm starting to think otherwise.
Old 07-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

We do help each other here but remember, what you post will be critiqued. It's not all skittles and cookies around here ha.

That being said, your initial thread starter was a statement and I appreciate that experience. Supplying invoice from China and actually your account living through it, I will give you props for that regardless.

Last edited by rsot; 07-27-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Stickler for spelling
Old 07-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I honestly think that the BIGGEST Mistake you made with these Accounts was Stating that your Supplier was from China, as soon as those accounts were before Human Review (Which can take some time) your fate was sealed
Old 07-27-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
We do help each other here but remember, what you post will be critiqued. It's not all skittles and cookies around here ha.

That being said, your initial thread starter was a statement and I appreciate that experience. Supplying invoice from China and actually your account living through it, I will give you props for that regardless.
Only a statement "i import my DVDs", was enough for them to kill one of my account

So think 10x times before u send them that