changing credit card on amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-17-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default changing credit card on amazon

I Had to update my credit card on my stealth account due to it expiring. So i did then 5 hrs later account was closed down saying the same repertoire
" linked to another account canned email!!The account was 4 months old no claims no bad feedback perfect sold nothing big was making no money on it.So now I know you can't update the cc on your account it raises a flag. Even if the info stays the same but the card number changes..This was a good account too I wanted to hold on to it to try and build it up.
Back to the Salt mines I go>>>>
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The first question is do you know how Amazon links and such?

Hope you have been around the forum to understand that Amazon is a crazier beast than eBay.
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I somehow doubt that the credit card alone did it, unless it was previously used on Amazon. Maybe changing the credit card flagged the account for review, but I don't see how it could happen in and of itself.
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Need a lot more info to judge like jeffweico says.
Old 08-17-2010
Threadstarter  

credit card was never used it was brand new. account was solid .So my train of thought is once you set up your cc and banking do not change it. Amazon must have flagged this for this reason only.Only when i changed the cc is when the account was hit. No emails from buyers 100% across the board. I had given them no rhyme or reason to shut my account. only when the cc was changed hrs later I received the email it was suspended. So In my opinion it was the credit card Change that caused this,. So now I will not change the cc on any of my accounts..
Old 08-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Also the little B@stard$ that work there get there rocks off on shutting down accounts! I can just picture the fat slob loser stuffing his face with donuts dripping iceing on the keyboard as they go over peoples seller the accounts. They have nothing better to do.
So if they have their Ba!!$ in an uproar they just hit delete and we are gone.That is my point on this. So They can delete my account and I will be back for every account they delete I will have 2 more up and running in 2 hrs.. So eat your donuts fatboy!!LOL
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Man you got issues...but I like the craziness ha.
Old 08-17-2010

I think that is how it goes down I agree.They just pick on the small sellers .one day you are fine the next you wakeup and you are turned upside down from these little kids working at amazon...
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

I think the OP is right in the sense that it is best not to change the CC if you don't absolutlely have to. But I cannot believe the credit card alone did it. Amazon goes way beyond what eBay uses to link accounts. Identifying the same MAC addresses, tracking beacons, browser fingerprinting, etc.

Amazon uses all of these and more. Given the information we have, it is impossible to determine exactly what happened here.
Old 08-17-2010
Threadstarter  

Well if you use multiple computers then i think all the tracking is out the window. it was just the changing of the cc. that is all. the account was fine till i update d the cc and only that I even did not list on it it was a stagnant account..
Old 08-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaches View Post
Well if you use multiple computers then i think all the tracking is out the window. it was just the changing of the cc. that is all. the account was fine till i update d the cc and only that I even did not list on it it was a stagnant account..
Do they share the same internet connection? If so, you would have to change the IP's and also spoof the MAC address. Many people change the IP but have no idea that they need to spoof the MAC address.

To the OP: Please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to be argumentative with you. It's just that many times someone posts they were linked on eBay/PayPal/Amazon and they point out why they believe they were linked but it turns out to be something else. For example, one person had an eBay account linked. He couldn't figure out how. Turns out he followed most of the Stealth rules, but used the same pictures in his auctions on both accounts. They had no idea eBay could detect this.
Old 08-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Nope all computers are Not Networked. All Dialup. All different ips and computer Hardware and software So I checked everything from top to bottom and the only thing is that I come up with is that Amazon does not like you to change your info once it is started up. So from now on I will just leave it alone.
As for a buying account You can change the cards It does not matter. I already have 1 more account up already so I'll chalk that up and save that little piece of info for the future.
Old 08-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Do they share the same internet connection? If so, you would have to change the IP's and also spoof the MAC address. Many people change the IP but have no idea that they need to spoof the MAC address.

To the OP: Please don't misunderstand, I am not trying to be argumentative with you. It's just that many times someone posts they were linked on eBay/PayPal/Amazon and they point out why they believe they were linked but it turns out to be something else. For example, one person had an eBay account linked. He couldn't figure out how. Turns out he followed most of the Stealth rules, but used the same pictures in his auctions on both accounts. They had no idea eBay could detect this.
Good point!
Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Nope all computers are Not Networked. All Dialup. All different ips and computer Hardware and software So I checked everything from top to bottom and the only thing is that I come up with is that Amazon does not like you to change your info once it is started up. So from now on I will just leave it alone.
As for a buying account You can change the cards It does not matter. I already have 1 more account up already so I'll chalk that up and save that little piece of info for the future.
They are tracking you via Browser Fingerprinting, I bet you have both ur laptops setup in a similar way, i.e. similar favorites and programs installed?
Old 10-15-2010
Threadstarter  

All computers are bare minimum operating system dialup and only i explorer and mozilla. . so this was the only account that went south only when the cc was changed all others with this setup are aok! So it is the cc change that did it nothing else!! that is it no junk no gunk on my computers no linking . whatsoever so the new rule is do not swap out cc on your accounts..
Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

What if ur CC is expiering?
Old 10-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

For Amazon, won't really matter - they take fees from your sales unless - well - you are unsuccessful in the Amazon jungle...
Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

So it don't matter to have a expired CC on file?
Old 10-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
All computers are bare minimum operating system dialup and only i explorer and mozilla. . so this was the only account that went south only when the cc was changed all others with this setup are aok! So it is the cc change that did it nothing else!! that is it no junk no gunk on my computers no linking . whatsoever so the new rule is do not swap out cc on your accounts..
This happened to me with changing bank accounts a couple of times. They don't like you in there I guess...if you think about it you may understand why.
Old 10-15-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

I guess what we must do is just never change any details