Amazon Suspends??? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%

Personally, I would leave out the "I'm Sorry" part. Never admit to anything. Ever. Just a rule I try to live by. I do slip up from time to time, though.

I agree with outlining a plan for improvement. Give that a good think and make your plan before you communicate with them. Don't be hasty. Amazon support people are not the same as the eBay Live (un)Help people. Every Amazon person I have ever spoken with is from someplace in the US, or at least they pretend (convincingly) to be from someplace in the US.

I agree STRONGLY with the cooling off, too. Real people will be conducting the review. A whole freakin' team of them, possibly from several departments simultaneously. Being that they are people, you have better odds getting a favorable result as long as you don't shoot yourself in the foot. They have brains, too. So BS tactics will hurt you instead of helping. So, let your account cool. And let your attitude cool.

Amazon definitely appears to be harder to stealth, so think about that thoroughly. More care is in order, here. If you blow this one, you've probably blown it for good. Get your ducks in a row, dot your T's and cross your I's.

They don't mind people making money. That is what commerce is all about, and they are right in tune with the concept. But, they don't tolerate poor practices and weak service.

In regards to VeRO: It doesn't appear to be monitored the way eBay is. But if a living breathing person at Amazon has a reason to suspect you're into it, they will sniff every square millimeter of your virtual inventory. You're going to want verifiable invoices when they ask for them. You'll want tracking numbers for everything you ship. Don't skimp on that.

If you are doing business properly, you've got no worries. Everything will come out of the wash nice and clean. If you go there to dump, consider it temporary. CYA and be careful about what you do and how you do it.

Nice place, if you can make it work for you (I made 4 grand on a Sunday evening). Aggravating, if you don't know what to expect or if you screw it up.

Establish yourself gradually (not like a total snail), and all will be well. Be ready for the automatic review, and don't get pissy about it. It's standard procedure. Nothing personal against you. Play it cagey and calm.

A suspension is clear and well defined. A ban is final. There is no appeal at Amazon, if they decide to permanently exile you. Seriously. You can ask for one, and they will refuse.

I'm around if anyone needs me.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
slapped (05-15-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

just something I found out that all my suspension or notices come in after few hours of disbursement of fund. Dunno if that's coincident but makes me think when you trying to disburse money outta your account. It just picks up more eyes..
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Could be. Although I've done disbursements for thousands of bucks and had no issue. Maybe because I did everything right in the early days, so they like me or something.

I would suspect that the first large transfer or two are the ones that get looked at. Say $1k+, and after that, probably safe. Just a guess. YMMV.
Old 04-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Agreed. First ones they probably look at closely. After that? Probably not so much. I transfer about 3 grand a week, but usually in increments of 500-700.
Old 04-21-2009
Vicvelcro

Hmmm. I just lump mine all at once. Let it run all week and dump in the wee hours of Monday morning. I haven't been bothered by them in forever. The first time, I think it was when I moved maybe $800. The second time was around $600 if my memory is right. I've dumped some substantial amounts since then. Quite a few. And no sweat.

That's why I am pretty sure the Amazon nasties work on a formula early on, and if you're underwear are clean, you're good to go from then on.

I don't guarantee this to be true. But it's as much as I have been able to figure out. Not much statistics for me to calculate with. More input may alter the theory.
Old 04-24-2009

Longevity: 90%

so would eBay Stealth work on amazon?
Old 04-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

It works as giving you the basis to create a stealth amazon account. Amazon has different means to detect suspended players. BUT if you pay attention to the threads in this sub-forum, it is possible to sell on Amazon after suspension.
Ground rule: do your homework. Plan, refine, plan, refine. Good Luck
ps I made one UK amazon account this way & it is sound
surcerouche (09-23-2009)
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

Study your enemy BEFORE you try to sneak into his camp.

Yeah, most of the stealth techniques would apply to Amazon. Maybe some minor refinements. I'll see what I can compile. Might take me a bit, but I'll report back when I have something SOLID.
surcerouche (09-23-2009)
Old 04-24-2009

Longevity: 88%

I want to sell on amazon but I don't know if they track my IP Address or not ? I mean if my IP Address 's in California and my amazon's account information is from NY , will they suspend me ?
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

I know that they track IP. I know that they constantly bust people for having linked IP. I do not know if they check IP location. It doesn't seem like it, but I'm not positive.
soonthenet (04-24-2009)
Old 04-24-2009

My IP is not linked to any other account . I just don't know if they track the IP location or not
Old 04-24-2009
Vicvelcro

See the PM I sent you. And try to at least have your IP be in the same country Amazon expects it to be.
soonthenet (04-24-2009)
Old 04-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

They don't mind aircards. You could get one of the mobile broadband units from Verizon, Sprint, or At&T. I think most IPs show location as the ISP headquarters. For example, my Sprint mobile broadband connection shows location as Virginia (though I am in Oregon). Our local high speed ISP shows location as our closest big city, where the ISP has its offices.
Old 05-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
They don't mind aircards. You could get one of the mobile broadband units from Verizon, Sprint, or At&T. I think most IPs show location as the ISP headquarters. For example, my Sprint mobile broadband connection shows location as Virginia (though I am in Oregon). Our local high speed ISP shows location as our closest big city, where the ISP has its offices.
I've been playing the game for bit now and what I've figured out, is that Amazon DEFINATELY tracks you different than Ebay. They put something on your computer that identifies you. It is hidden so you cannot remove it using Objection (SOL files) or Cookies. When someone finds out what this is...please post

Anyhoot...my suggestion is to use a NEW computer AND new IP. I am also of the opinion that they track you based on your inventory (ex. banned account selling Winnie the Poo, new account selling Winnie the Poo = LINKED/PERMABAN)!

Any thoughts? I'm still trialing and error'ing
Old 05-05-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

based on many users here . Once you cleaned the cookies and SOL's then you should be fine without changing a new pc. Don't forget to uninstall any ASON software if you have installed.

Create new user account on your PC helps too.
Old 05-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

the only thing amazon does differently is...look at the catergory that you start off your account with. if you listed electronics and were banned then start off the new account as a book seller and work your way back in electronics if you like over a span of a couple weeks. GO SLOW! also hold off on adding the bank info for about a week. otherwise follow the ebay method and you should be ok. i open amazon accounts at will.

Last edited by ebaykilla; 05-05-2009 at 09:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaykilla For This Useful Post:
surcerouche (09-23-2009)
Old 05-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
the only thing amazon does differently is...look at the catergory that you start off your account with. if you listed electronics and were banned then start off the new account as a book seller and work your way back in electronics if you like over a span of a couple weeks. GO SLOW! also hold off on adding the bank info for about a week. otherwise follow the ebay method and you should be ok. i open amazon accounts at will.
Thanks. I have not tried starting my account off in a different category...hmmm...makes sense though. I will try that and report back if it works. I am, however, going to try it from another computer though, luckily I've got like 10 computers at home

Now that I think about it, each time I've listed, I've started off with the same product/same category. At first, they did not link, but now, they link me within 24 hours. I'm getting the Amazon bug again, and need to start listing.

The last account I had, I used the same computer, but logged on under a new user account name on my computer, changed IP (cable internet/router) used firefox, did not block cookies or sol's, used new visa gift card, and did not enter my bank account info and BAM - got the permaban within 24 hours.

Few months ago, I used a new computer on the same router, did not change my IP, and NEVER got linked. This leads me to believe that IP is not as important as one may think.

Anyhoot...I'll report if this next account lasts using your method. Thanks again.
Old 05-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickandTired067 View Post
Thanks. I have not tried starting my account off in a different category...hmmm...makes sense though. I will try that and report back if it works. I am, however, going to try it from another computer though, luckily I've got like 10 computers at home

Now that I think about it, each time I've listed, I've started off with the same product/same category. At first, they did not link, but now, they link me within 24 hours. I'm getting the Amazon bug again, and need to start listing.

The last account I had, I used the same computer, but logged on under a new user account name on my computer, changed IP (cable internet/router) used firefox, did not block cookies or sol's, used new visa gift card, and did not enter my bank account info and BAM - got the permaban within 24 hours.

Few months ago, I used a new computer on the same router, did not change my IP, and NEVER got linked. This leads me to believe that IP is not as important as one may think.

Anyhoot...I'll report if this next account lasts using your method. Thanks again.

you are on the right track but you do not need to change PC's. they don't track the PC.. but they track the cookies & IP & catergory. I make many,many accounts with the same computer, same modem, same ISP..just new IP and computer user account. but i can't stress enough to START SLOW! also wait a week to add that new bank account.

trust me ....this works!
Old 05-09-2009

Longevity: 96%

Unfortunately I did not read the threads before setting up my Amazon account and starting selling. So I didn't know about the 14 day hold. In the first 48 hours, I sold about 14 items total around $700. Then got an email stating that my account in under review, and payment is being held for at least 30 days. So what do I do now? Do I ship the items? Or refund all customers and just ditch the account? Please advise. Thanks!

BTW, in the email they did say the following:

While our review can take as many as 30 days to complete, you may be able to expedite the release of your funds by providing us with the following information:

1. Tracking numbers for deliveries with corresponding Amazon.com order numbers
2. Current retail or online sales channels including links to selling pages
3. Verification that items listed for sale are in stock and available for delivery
4. Expected monthly sales volume on Amazon.com
Old 05-09-2009
Vicvelcro

If you can ship the items without cutting into your liquid funds, then ship.

If you can provide legitimate information that Amazon requests, do it.

If you can't afford the possibility that Amazon will ZORCH your account anyway, then refund, flail, and bail.
Old 05-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

when this happened to me, i sent the info and finds were released in a few days.
Old 05-11-2009

Longevity: 86%

ebaykilla, I've read your posts and you seem to be very knowledgeable about this...one question...my account was suspended and the 2nd seems to be working fine right now...but today, I made the dreadful mistake of typing my suspended email and password while logging in to my seller account...I pressed enter, and then within a second I pressed escape key..and it didn't go to next page...what will happen ? Will they suspend me ? because I actually did not get to the next page, I pressed escape and it stopped right away..if they are to suspend me, how long will they take to tell me about that?

Last edited by alied786; 05-11-2009 at 08:05 PM.