Amazon Suspends??? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alied786 View Post
ebaykilla, I've read your posts and you seem to be very knowledgeable about this...one question...my account was suspended and the 2nd seems to be working fine right now...but today, I made the dreadful mistake of typing my suspended email and password while logging in to my seller account...I pressed enter, and then within a second I pressed escape key..and it didn't go to next page...what will happen ? Will they suspend me ? because I actually did not get to the next page, I pressed escape and it stopped right away..if they are to suspend me, how long will they take to tell me about that?
if they have not linked you by the time you read this, you are fine (for now). the amazon 'bots usually kill you in 12 hrs. but you may be linked at another time so move ahead and sell until that happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaykilla For This Useful Post:
alied786 (05-12-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-12-2009

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaykilla View Post
if they have not linked you by the time you read this, you are fine (for now). the amazon 'bots usually kill you in 12 hrs. but you may be linked at another time so move ahead and sell until that happens.
thanks for the reply! so far they haven't done anything...I'm thinking that since I didn't navigate to the next page I might be safe, hopefully...I was always afraid I might end up doing something silly like this, because I use my old suspended email address on other sites and this accident was just meant to happen sooner or later.
Old 05-13-2009

Longevity: 91%
Question Amazon experience and question too:

Well , from what i've read here,we do have a lot of amazon sellers.
I have been playing the ebay game for over 5 years and the amazon one for more than 3 .
I've had over 40 accounts , and now like 15 active.i never got a suspended ebay account after i found out about aspkin.com.
But the amazon game is a complete different subject.i've had over 20 accounts , and last night i got the last one suspended(linked to a suspended user.it was the one that lasted me longer (5 months), and guess what i started so slow and so afraid that i never got a review.can you believe that?
With this last account i was juggling with other 5 more accounts , but all those 5 got suspended in a week(1 month ago).i wasn't really selling anything big or anything at all.i even started selling booksfirst. I added bank account to some after 15 days , and the others didn't even had the bank account added.
They also do something else besides sending you the famous blocked account email: They just won't let you log in, yep , no email , no nothing, and it's not the first time it happens to me.so you start calling them or emailing them , and when they want to , they will just send you that email after all that hard time you've been through.
.they also call your registered number from time to time , to check on it , they do not speak, i think it's a machine.they call you and then they hang up.i know it's them , because i get the vumbers email caller id .
So i guess that's what suspended me , because sometimes i couldn't get the call , and they would get my real cellphone answering machine.
Also flash cookies weredoing it's thing with me , i just didn't know .
What i don't get is that i have every single account with it's own user account,with it's own aol installation everything separated.and i still get suspended.

Come on take it on me and let me know your comments.
Also i have a question , specially for those who got suspended without shipping all the sold goods.
I still have like $800 worth of merchandise that i haven't shipped because i didn't have it at the time of the sales.
Do you guys think i should keep them items and not ship them , because my account is already suspended, that user id is already deleted with all it's data.
Will that get me in to any trouble , knowing that my bank account is real , but all the rest of my info there is stealth.
Will they do anything about it , because i know the buyers will try to get their money from them

i ask this question , bacause everybody , when you get suspended from ebay , you just don't pay the seller fees .
So there you go .thank you very much , and you are more than wellcome to say anything you think and want,i'm all eyes .
Old 05-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

If you got paid and the money hit your account..ship the items. Be honorable. If you did not get paid issue a refund thru amazon.
Old 05-13-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

The buyers aren't at fault. If you received the money, send the goods. Why penalize the innocent because of the guilty?
Old 05-13-2009

When mine got suspended I did ship my items out because the money was in my account..even though I had to wait 90 days to withdraw it. If you're not going to ship, then refund the buyers, because they will get their money sooner or later from you any way if they don't receive their product.
Old 06-06-2009

I had an amazon account up for about a month and a half without bank info... Yesterday I put my new bank account info in, and disbursed a little over a thousand and within an 2 hours it was suspended. What did i do wrong?
Old 06-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

leadsy, A new account with amazon gets a bank account added AND then
$1000 moves thro' the account: what do you think amazon thought? Chance of fraud in their eyes.
See leaving the account without a bank account is reasonable but then to add one, then move any amount of money will look bad.
Old 06-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%
Default Selling On The River

All you need to know about selling on AMAZON!!

The first-ever guide to Amazon.com designed especially for eBay Sellers
Old 06-07-2009

Longevity: 90%

Amazon doesn't seem like they leave it to chance like ebay/paypal sometime do. They rather get rid of you now if they suspect something than worry about what you might do later on. I took 1500 in 3 days and got suspended with 0 feedback. Yea that was dumb. The new account I'm taking it slow. Built up feedback first and now I increase sales by 200 every settlement. Going smoothe.
Old 06-08-2009

just to add to the amazon fire...

wondering, if you "change your address"--
can amazon track the address on your bank account?

I got a new credit card, but the address on it is from my suspended account.

can they look up that sort of information?
Old 06-08-2009
Vicvelcro

Yes they can. They probably won't go through the hassle of doing it through the bank, though. Expect it to be done by the credit card number...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruexbluesummer View Post
just to add to the amazon fire...

wondering, if you "change your address"--
can amazon track the address on your bank account?

I got a new credit card, but the address on it is from my suspended account.

can they look up that sort of information?
Old 06-09-2009

Longevity: 87%

can amazon check who's name the bank account is under? For example, if I sign up with Amazon with John Doe and the bank account is linked to James Smith, will the know and suspend?

Also, If I get my friend who lives 10-15 minutes away to sell the same thing on Amazon, does he have to go slow also?
Old 06-09-2009
Vicvelcro

Technically, they can find out. There are ways to do this without them breaking any privacy laws. But from my own observation, they don't do so. It's more hassle than they are willing to pursue in advance. They won't know and won't check unless and until you give them a reason to. Like too much sales volume too soon or customer complaints or whatever. If you get reviewed, they might do the bank thing depending on why you might get put under review.

As far as the second subject you inquire about: your friend should go slow too. even if everything is on the up and up, everyone needs to keep it under control when starting out. If you think about it, it makes its own kind of sense.
Old 06-12-2009

so far people have been saying amazon can see the name on the credit card (so change that), but if you add your bank account for deposits (and do it a week later)... you're safe? even if its your real name?

I just want to get all the details down before I start again.

I've already failed twice.
(running out of addresses!)
Old 06-12-2009
Vicvelcro

The bank account part is safe, as long as amazon never has to reverse anything AND the reversal fail due to bank NSF. If they ever do a reversal but amount is there to cover an issue, it's still safe. The amazon account name does not have to match name on bank account - for bank transfer purposes. If your card used to verify is a debit card from the same account, you can't use that card but can still use the bank account itself. This information is true as of 30 days ago. If it has changed recently, I am unaware of the change.
Old 06-12-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
LOL! This is becoming interesting!
it may becoming intresting but remember his icon is of beer??:D
Old 06-12-2009
Vicvelcro

^^^^^^^^^^^

... and that's a GOOD thing ...

Seriously, unless they have changed something, what I say is known by me to be true. Been that, done there.
Old 10-18-2009

I just got suspended on my 1st stealth AMAZON account.
This suspension occurred after 2 hours of adding my Bank account info (the name of my account is different from my AMAZON account name though).
I don't really know what get to this suspension though, could this be my bank account ?
I started this stealth account a week ago, made some sales (around 7), very small volume (around $60), all went smooth. Then today I decided to add my Bank account into my stealth account, 2 hours later, I got suspended by linking to another suspended account.

I am using HSBC Bank account, could AMAZON get to the account holder name of HSBC bank ?

I have another stealth account setup at the same time as I setup my 1st stealth account, only I haven't start selling on that account yet, and no bank account added yet.

How soon do you think I should start selling on this new stealth account and should I stop using HSBC bank account ?
Old 10-19-2009
Vicvelcro

Considering that you don't know what caused the link, you might try using a different bank. I don't think HSBC gives out your info, but I can't say that with 100% sureness.

You might try adding an account from a different bank BEFORE you start listing on the other account. Some of us have been adding our account after a few sales are made, but maybe that isn't really what we should be doing.

Perhaps they linked your first account to your stealth account by IP, cookies, flash, or MAC. Think carefully about the procedure you followed when you made both accounts. Compare the steps you took, and see if you can remember anything that could give a clue regarding what might have gone wrong.
Old 10-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl797 View Post
I just got suspended on my 1st stealth AMAZON account.
This suspension occurred after 2 hours of adding my Bank account info (the name of my account is different from my AMAZON account name though).
I don't really know what get to this suspension though, could this be my bank account ?
I started this stealth account a week ago, made some sales (around 7), very small volume (around $60), all went smooth. Then today I decided to add my Bank account into my stealth account, 2 hours later, I got suspended by linking to another suspended account.

I am using HSBC Bank account, could AMAZON get to the account holder name of HSBC bank ?

I have another stealth account setup at the same time as I setup my 1st stealth account, only I haven't start selling on that account yet, and no bank account added yet.

How soon do you think I should start selling on this new stealth account and should I stop using HSBC bank account ?
Are you selling in the same catergory that you were suspended with before? If so, then if your ip range & ISP are the same along with the type of browser you are using are the same as well...then you get linked...especially if you used HSBC with the old account. If you add the bank on day one, then the amazon 'bots scrutinize the accounts even more. If you can pass the first 24 hrs, then the 'bots usually leave you alone for a while (until you have a spike of sales and / or listings...or get a neg feedback.)
Old 10-19-2009

Thank you all for helping .. I would be thinking thoroughly before I start selling on the other new account I created. Like you said, it might be category, might be the browser I used .... IP, cookie ....etc

One question though, remember when we do Paypal adding bank account, we need to go thru the 2 small deposit amounts to verify the ownership of the bank account ? Why doesn't AMAZON do this ? If AMAZON does not go thru this, how AMOZON determine the Bank account is the real account sellers own ?
Is this because AMAZON only would deposit sales revenue into the bank account and not getting money out of it ? or does this mean AMAZON has its own way to verify the bank account's ownership ?