"Inappropriate items" still for sale? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!
Default "Inappropriate items" still for sale?

Hello,

I recently opened an Amazon account. I sold quite a few items, but of course started slowly to avoid raising any red flags. I had received all 5 star ratings, no chargebacks, nothing. All customers were happy, all items shipped same or next day.

In about 2 weeks into having the account, I get an email saying that my account is being reviewed and will be completed in 30 days.

30 days later I get an email saying I am suspended from selling but they are reviewing my account to see what the status of it will be. I am told that this review will be another 30 days, but that this time I will not be able to have items for sale, unlike last time.

30 days later I get an email saying my account was suspended for listing "inappropriate items". Basically, I was selling rapid fire Xbox 360 controllers. If you search this item on Amazon, you get 961 results. I was selling items that were already up for sale, and making a few of my own as well..

All my items which were "inappropriate" are still listed on Amazon, many of which are being sold by other sellers. I appealed the Amazon suspension and was denied.

What gives? Is there anything I can do? Now I need to wait an additional 90 days (plus the 60 I already waited) for my money. I am thinking of getting a lawyer. Besides, we should get interest on this correct?

I am under the assumption that the whole Amazon selling account thing is a scam by Amazon. Okay so a lot of us on here have had 5-10k easily being held for 90 days. Imagine how many of us there are? At any given moment, it can be assumed that Amazon is holding LARGE amounts of money, all for 90+ days. While this is going on, they are earning interest on our money. Imagine them opening a CD for 90 days (hmmmm) and collecting interest on that. Since they are holding so much money, they are earning ridiculous intereset. Do we get a cut? No, we get screwed.

Amazon had no basis to suspend me. I had all great performance standards, and the items I am selling are non-Vero. They refuse to give me an explanation. Seems like it is impossible to have an account...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

"I was selling items that were already up for sale, and making a few of my own as well.."

What do you mean by making a few of your own?

Were these poo poos?

Last edited by SaiJin; 11-19-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Jeff I think he means he was creating some of his own listings to sell modded xbox controllers. Either way don't bother getting a lawyer you won't win and will be a waste of your time and money. Just wait the 90 days and create a couple more stealth accounts.
Old 11-18-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
"I was selling items that were already up for sale, and making a few of my own as well.."
I didn't get that part either when I read the post?

But I think he means he was modifying some of the XBOX controllers himself to make them rapid-fire.

Last edited by TGMT²; 11-18-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%
Send a message via Skype™ to HelpNeeded!

Sorry I should have been more clear - What I meant was that I was making new product pages for some items that weren't up for sale on Amazon, where you enter in all the information, create a UPC, ect. Some other items I were selling were items that already had a product pages created, so I did not need to create the page, I just had to click the button to sell mine and enter a price.

The items I were selling were not counterfeit, they were simply Xbox controllers that were custom, with custom colors, lights, and programming. There is nothing illegal about doing so.

The thing that raises question is the whole random suspension thing. Basically they are taking our money, investing it, and collecting interest on it. Isn't there a law that they need to give us interest on our money?

If I remember correctly, if you lease a property and leave a security deposit, the landlord needs to give you back the deposit with interest at the end of the lease provided that the space is in the same condition as before?

I am mostly concerned with the money being held. I've already waited 60 days, and now I need to wait another 90 days. I have bills that need to be paid.. I put out a lot of money for products.
Old 11-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

The thing that raises question is the whole random suspension thing. Basically they are taking our money, investing it, and collecting interest on it. Isn't there a law that they need to give us interest on our money?

There is law: it's called Amazon law. (Not law of the jungle) It's part of the T&C that you accepted when you started to use their selling platform.

Either you did not research them carefully enough or you are naive. Yours is a cry that is made by many trying to be sellers when they come up against amazon, and of course, its evil stepmother, ebay.
Fact of ecommerce.