Amazon buyers = douchebags - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Amazon buyers = douchebags

I sold an item on amazon a week ago and the guy received it in 3 days. He sent me a message on amazon saying that the item he received was not as advertised. It was an unbranded mp3 player from China. I actually have one for my own personal use and I really like it. The reason why he said it was not as advertised was because the box said high res. camera which is true, but that was not on the product details page when he bought it. Anyhow, last night I told him that I was going to issue a full refund from my phone once I get home from work, but guess what he does 3 hours after??? Leaves a negative feedback... He then sends an e-mail asking for extra refund for the return shipping label. then guess what happens? Amazon decides to review my account this morning. My first sale on this stealth account and 1 negative feedback. And it is under review.

Why are some buyers trying soooo hard to be unreasonable? Why wouldn't they give us a chance to make it up to them? I cannot f'ing understand!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-04-2010

refund him enough to ship it back, and tell him once he does that you will refund the rest of his money, and thats just your return policy. Then once he returns ur item tell him to go **** himself for being an idiot and terrible buyer. Don't refund the rest of the money.
The Following User Says Thank You to Axcend For This Useful Post:
Markk (12-04-2010)
Old 12-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

InTheZone:

So, your buyer was mad because there was a camera included as a feature?

Axcend:

Amazon will find in the buyer's favor and close the account if he does this. Is it worth burning an account over?
Old 12-04-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
InTheZone:

So, your buyer was mad because there was a camera included as a feature?

Axcend:

Amazon will find in the buyer's favor and close the account if he does this. Is it worth burning an account over?
No, the box apparently said that it had a camera, but the description itself did not have that feature. It is a mistake on the manufacturer's part, but I was ready to take responsibility and refund him his money.

Axcend:

Amazon is holding that money right now, so even if I wanted to, I cannot do that. there are better ways to handle a problem like this.
Old 12-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezone View Post
I sold an item on amazon a week ago and the guy received it in 3 days. He sent me a message on amazon saying that the item he received was not as advertised. It was an unbranded mp3 player from China. I actually have one for my own personal use and I really like it. The reason why he said it was not as advertised was because the box said high res. camera which is true, but that was not on the product details page when he bought it. Anyhow, last night I told him that I was going to issue a full refund from my phone once I get home from work, but guess what he does 3 hours after??? Leaves a negative feedback... He then sends an e-mail asking for extra refund for the return shipping label. then guess what happens? Amazon decides to review my account this morning. My first sale on this stealth account and 1 negative feedback. And it is under review.

Why are some buyers trying soooo hard to be unreasonable? Why wouldn't they give us a chance to make it up to them? I cannot f'ing understand!!!
Some people are just retarded, and have no grasp on how to conduct themself in a civilized society. This dingleberry probably has major mental issues, and because he/her is unhappy with the way things are going in their miserable life, they have to make our life miserable.

just create another account and move on. At least this account is brand new, and your not sacrificing a lot of good feedbacks.
Old 12-04-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthezone View Post

On another note, if the item wasn't that expensive you can tell him he can keep it for free if he removes the neg feedback. I know its hard to swallow, and I've done it in the past, but it's probably gonna cost alot more to set up a new stealth account.

and btw, selling electronic anything unbranded from China is asking for trouble.
Old 12-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

I never had to deal with a lot of fraud, but I sold software. I'd guess that it's a free for all, fraud-wise, in any other Amazon category. Did you know, for example, that during a refund, Amazon does not require the buyer to send the item back in order to receive a refund? This is right on their website. Imagine the kind of fraud that could be pulled off with this little line. Your own return policy is meaningless and unenforceable. You are required to use Amazon's policy if you are a small seller. Corporate "featured" sellers can of course do whatever they like.
Old 12-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
I never had to deal with a lot of fraud, but I sold software. I'd guess that it's a free for all, fraud-wise, in any other Amazon category. Did you know, for example, that during a refund, Amazon does not require the buyer to send the item back in order to receive a refund? This is right on their website. Imagine the kind of fraud that could be pulled off with this little line. Your own return policy is meaningless and unenforceable. You are required to use Amazon's policy if you are a small seller. Corporate "featured" sellers can of course do whatever they like.
Amazon should also put in the policy something to the effect "dont send any merchandise you can't afford to lose"!