Is Amazon safer to sell on or Ebay - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%

Amazon fees are very high. For a $20 item ,I was charged $4. Which is like 20%.

The interface is much more advanced. People will also buy anything and everything on Amazon. I had books put up that everybody sold for a penny and I sold for $4. Go figure.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-27-2011

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boszika View Post
Amazon fees are very high. For a $20 item ,I was charged $4. Which is like 20%.
But in the end, would it still be worse than eBay who tacks on a BIN fee just to list the thing at a fixed price, a recurring store fee if you want to keep the item listing up indefinitely like you could on Amazon, not to mention extra Paypal fees on top of the set eBay closing value fee??

Disclaimer: I haven't used eBay to sell anything in a long time so I may be way off here. :D
Old 06-27-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
But in the end, would it still be worse than eBay who tacks on a BIN fee just to list the thing at a fixed price, a recurring store fee if you want to keep the item listing up indefinitely like you could on Amazon, not to mention extra Paypal fees on top of the set eBay closing value fee??

Disclaimer: I haven't used eBay to sell anything in a long time so I may be way off here. :D
Sounds to me like you are spot on Ghost
Old 12-13-2011

Longevity: 72%

ebay has free listings now, and all you pay is final value fees. on amazon you have to pay very high commision, along with closing fee and the amazon shipping fee of .07 cents, i would still go with ebay if it wasn't so ignorant and suspicious about everything.
Old 12-14-2011

Longevity: 80%

Loving amazon! I spend half my day on the damn site selling and doing research for what to sell.

Its a slow start at first as buyers think hard of buying from you if you have little or no feedback but once you get started you will love it.

It takes a lot of time and effort to keep a good amazon account up an amazon can be a pain with their random reviews/reserves but at least you dont have to deal with paypal and their BS all the time.

The really bad thing about ebay is that it is saturated with chinese sellers who bring down the value of everything.

Ive seen a few on amazon but they dont usually last more than 2 months before amazon cans the account.

After selling on amazon for a year I see ebay as a complete waste of my time.

Fees for both are comparable, but with amazon they take it all out before you even see any money which I personally like as I dont have to worry about paying monthly fees.

Amazon has little restrictions if you start selling the right items early and have a good track record.

Ebay is so bad to me now that I have an account from 05 with 1700 feedback an I think hard of selling anything on there as I can sell it on amazon way faster.
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Gamefreak are you selling any knock-offs?
Old 12-14-2011

Dont do it. Amazon are just as bad if not worse.

I have always been a very large seller on Amazon, and recently they are acting simular to Ebay by putting 3 month hold on funds.

The problem with Amazon: if you start selling a lot of items which interfere with their own sales, then your be blocked and your funds will be placed on hold for 90 days.

Remember, Amazon have their own distribution and storage facilities and if you start to cost them business, they will close you down and make life very differcult.

My advise: Ensure you transfer your funds daily or stay clear of amazon.

Last edited by davidnm; 12-14-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-14-2011

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Gamefreak are you selling any knock-offs?
I do but they are minor things and are really really good ones so 99% of the buyer cannot tell. If anyone contacts me about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff I tell them to keep it an promptly issue full refund.

That usually solves the problem.
Old 12-14-2011

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
I do but they are minor things and are really really good ones so 99% of the buyer cannot tell. If anyone contacts me about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff I tell them to keep it an promptly issue full refund.

That usually solves the problem.
I do the same Gamefreak. I've always resolved the few customer complaints I receive. In fact, I have turned all of potential would be A-to-z claims or chargebacks into glowing positive feedbacks. Have been selling very risky media on accounts that are 1-2 years aged and still going very well.
Old 12-14-2011

Longevity: 75%

i dont recommend amazon at all,
esp if you wanna go stealth cause they will point blank delete the account and take your funds
Old 12-15-2011

Longevity: 74%

I like amz because sellers are scared to sell at a price way lower than amz. Thus you can get rid of your stuff at a reasonable price. BUT, on the other hand, they will shut you down in a heartbeat. I am looking to go back stealth, but change up the way I sold before.

Eb on the other hand, competition is fierce. But I like that they dont sell thier own merchandise like amz. Also the multi-shipping option is great.

In the end I think its easier to sell on eb, but you can make more money on amz if you dont get shut down.
Old 12-16-2011

There is no differance between Ebay and Amazon, we were selling more on Amazon than Ebay but we were shut down.

We had 100% feedback, no disputes, 5 out 5 for communication, items, delivery. It Was a perfect operating account and they shut us down because we were selling too much. Now we have to wait 90 days for all the money.

Both Ebay and Amazon are good to sell, but always be prepared to be shut down and ensure your money is transferred daily. ~dont ever risk your money, when they shut you down, thats it! your money will be held for at least 90 days and 180 days with Ebay so be prepared.

After weeks of phoning them I have just managed to have ebay, lift the suspension on my largest account!

But I will not accept paypal as they owe my 3k, so it is cash only sales Im affaired.

Last edited by davidnm; 12-16-2011 at 03:24 AM.