EIN/Amazon Matching Info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-16-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default EIN/Amazon Matching Info

Please Note: This is for Amazon NOT eBay.

Plain and simple question....Does the EIN name/address you enter on amazon have to match the name/address you provided on the online irs.gov site? When dealing with PayPal for this issue they simply wants the EIN number to confirm it is valid, so they can comply with the new tax rules, so does amazon do the same? Names do not need to match for banking/credit/debit/general registration, so would the same apply to this? I am assuming Amazon simply wants the EIN so they can provide this to the IRS. Amazon could care less if you pay your taxes or not, they just want a valid EIN number. Any experience or thoughts? If this is not the case, than it looks like an LLC would be the next best bet.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

At this point it is NUMBERS only. There's not enough feedback from some on this forum as yet.
(You have been party to their inability to be other than spoon fed).

If the number supplied by amazon ( or paypal) does not match the IRS records, said info is returned as no match.

I can confirm paypal likes 'numbers'. Sweating on amazon
RedShootingStar (10-17-2011)
Old 10-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Thats what I am assuming as well. It has been the case for PayPal and EIN. And if Amazon matches numbers only for their credit/bank purposes, than this shouldnt be any different. I am surprised this hasnt been a more discussed topic. I guess we can wait until late december when people are sweating to keep their accounts.
Old 10-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I am currently awaiting verification from Amazon on a account that I tested it on.

The account got suspended but I already had a EIN number. So I thought I would go through the tax interview to see what it asked. The EIN number I supplied goes to a LLC which I have registered with the Secretary of State in my real name. I also have a EIN number in that LLC name. So all of those details are real. When I signed up for that Amazon account I supplied the real business name with all the info as stealth.

After the tax interview was complete Amazon said it would take up to 3 weeks for verification. As of today it has been 2 weeks and still no word. I will keep everybody posted once I know the outcome.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
adam34996 (10-18-2011), boszika (10-19-2011), GreenBean (10-18-2011), RedShootingStar (10-17-2011), thedickbib (10-17-2011), Vadim (10-21-2011)
Old 10-17-2011

please keep us posted on this. I am going to let the stealth account I have now die on 12/26. Then I am going to try to open back up in 2012 with stealth info for amazon but my real TIN if possible. start doing things the right way if I can get back on amazon that is.
Old 10-17-2011
Threadstarter  

Here is my issue....I have a clean EIN that has not been used on amazon, but the address associated with it does not match the address I have on amazon. From past experience with matching info on amazon this should NOT be an issue, but I was just trying to see if anyone can officially confirm this. I am going to call the IRS and see if it is possible to get multiple EINs, so that the info can match just in case. I know an LLC would work perfect, but I want to avoid the paperwork and fees associated with obtaining an LLC if at all possible. My EIN is associated with real SSN, and an address I have access to, but I would feel better if anyone can confirm any of this. I will update any info I can add in the future. Thank you
Old 10-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShootingStar View Post
Here is my issue....I have a clean EIN that has not been used on amazon, but the address associated with it does not match the address I have on amazon. From past experience with matching info on amazon this should NOT be an issue, but I was just trying to see if anyone can officially confirm this. I am going to call the IRS and see if it is possible to get multiple EINs, so that the info can match just in case. I know an LLC would work perfect, but I want to avoid the paperwork and fees associated with obtaining an LLC if at all possible. My EIN is associated with real SSN, and an address I have access to, but I would feel better if anyone can confirm any of this. I will update any info I can add in the future. Thank you
The EIN number I provided to Amazon does not match the address which the IRS has on file for the EIN. So I will know shortly if the address is a issue or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
mark2be (10-17-2011)
Old 10-18-2011

Longevity: 80%

According to amazon they only need the name to match what the IRS has and for good reasons. People move all the time.

For the guys testing please keep us up to date on the issue.
Old 10-20-2011

Excellent work being done here. I will be following with interest, as it will determine what I do after December. My learning curve has increased since I really started listening to someone other then myself.....
Old 10-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

They should only care about the business name and nothing else. Well Maybe start date but there simply is no way to keep up on peoples addresses with SSN or EIN.
Old 10-20-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
They should only care about the business name and nothing else. Well Maybe start date but there simply is now way to keep up on peoples addresses with SSN or EIN.
If you enter your EIN, a need to provide a name (real name?, business name?, name alternation on account?)

If you enter LLC, they just require business name
Old 10-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

None of mine required anything but the business name, type of business (entity) and start date. They were accounts already though, The already had my semi stealth name on it. Now if they every check the name we will be hosed.

Another deal that is different for some it sounds. not sure what their issue is but they are not consistent at all.
Old 10-21-2011

Amazon is NOT making this clear. If they clarify this we would all be golden. Why are they being so vague with the requirements when its mandatory.
Old 10-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

The requirments are clear if you are using all your real info. Trying to get the system down on a work around for stealth it where people are having issues.
Old 10-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
The requirments are clear if you are using all your real info. Trying to get the system down on a work around for stealth it where people are having issues.
Thats why you need a stealth account, but a stealth account that you have complete access to. Example: name variation, real bank, real cc, real address you have access to, real EIN or LLC.