Why do I keep failing the Amazon review process? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 04-10-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%

Excellent info and completely agree that Amazon is light years ahead of ebay / paypal in detecting accounts they don't want selling on the site.

Beyond the mac / ip address issue, just the shear volume of information transmitted from your browser is scary. browserspy.dk is an excellent website that will show you just what can be seen. Even if you have a fresh user account on your pc much of this information is the same. Couple that with your browsing habits, product listings, etc. etc. they get a pretty accurate picture of your past accounts just from inferring.

Add all that up and if you simply look like the setup / activity from a banned account to some certain degree, I'm sure a bot dumps your account. Am I pretty close on this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2012
MU

I am having the exact same problem. Basically i purchased a BRAND NEW computer, purchased a pay as you go dongle. So all that is required is for me to change my personal details. And i did ALL of this. Changed my address details, phone number, Bank details etc. And after listing 10 items in 4 days, whereby none were sold i got the following message AGAIN!

Account failed review process!!! someone please help???
Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Were you listing the same items that got you canned in the first place? What kind of cc you use?
Old 05-14-2012
MU

No I was selling different items but the same product category. The items were dvd's, however they were genuine not counterfeits. And by cc, you mean credit card right? I had a visa card that I had NEVER used before.

After speaking to the publisher of Amazon Ghost. This message "Account failed review process" has nothing to do with your account being linked. If it was linked, amazon would have closed it within less than 24 hrs.

This was the email I received: "Right your account wasn't linked, it was simply considered too risky for Amazon because your lack of history and most likely the items you were listing. If you can, list items that are not too popular(books)
before you move to more popular items. Don't try and sell Dvd's or similar items from the get go"

Hope this helps. Not saying its 100% true. Let me know your views on this?
Old 06-06-2012

I just started using amazon and this is my real account not a stealth account and i was put under a review yesterday. I have only had my account for less than a month. I sold about $800 worth of goods. Should i be concerned of being suspended? I have no claims or anything like that and only one feedback with 27 sales.
Old 07-21-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
guys,,please forget the mac issue,,no site can read your mac address,,,the account is most likely being liked by a method called browser fingerprinting,,,which is extremely complex and gets more and more advanced every day,,,i have written many posts on this forum in reguards to this issue,,,just search them out,,,the other reason may be the products and the velocity you are selling at that triggers the suspensions,,,

if you want to stay on top of all the best methods that amazon and most other organizations (including the cia) to identify computers and their locations and users follow what this company:

palantir technologies

the best cyber security company,,,used by amazon, paypal, u.s and most other goverments, almost all banks, ect, ect

to become a client of this company, like amazon is almost impossible
omg thank you ive been looking for this answer for so long!
Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Why do I keep failing the Amazon review process?

Old thread but interesting take on this slapped, so, if you're still around, or anyone else can chime in, I should be concerned with only my computer's MAC address? Heard way too many conflicting reports, but what I do know is that one of my accounts got suspended on the spot after creation. It must be browser fingerprinting at least, and the next step could be the computer's internal MAC address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
On this Specific Note I disagree with Amazon Ghost,,,,I Believe that Amazon can see ONLY the connecting Devices MAC address and NOT your computers,,,Amazon would have to install some type of Script on YOUR Computer and by law they could not do that unless you gave them Permission.

Now there are those who say that you DO in fact give them permission when you Agree to Amazons "Terms and Conditions" Statement when opening an Account,,,,There are Several statements in those terms that CAN be interpeted to also incude and allow them to install Security scripts on your machine, but it is NOT 100% clear that they do or Do not,,

All that being said, the BEST way for you to approach Amazon is to ASSUME that the can read your computers MAC, and Plan accordingly, which is really NOT that hard,,
Old 05-16-2016

Longevity: 55%

They cannot see MAC addresses end of!, whatever other issues there are, this is not one of them.
Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Something was tripping that suspension I had earlier today and I am determined to get to the bottom of it.
Old 05-16-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Technical experts have vowed that a website cannot see your Mac address until you install an application of some sort on your computer (which of course you dont with Amazon).

Pretty much every expert on the forum is shifted towards saying Mac address doesn't matter.

However, if you believe contrary to that, here are a few solutions:
- change your mac address using spoofing tools
- setup VMware for each account, as each VMware machine carries its own mac address.

I do the latter, only because I want to be future proof. They may in the future find a way to access your mac address, who knows. For now though, your safe. There you go, hope that helped.
Old 05-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Something was tripping that suspension I had earlier today and I am determined to get to the bottom of it.
If your constantly getting such trips, give the VMware option a go and see if it resolves your issue. I doubt it will.
Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Yes, I agree, I created 2 more accounts today using brand new VMware and it worked. New ip and new MAC address for router and laptop. The second account I did was for just the laptop MAC address, that worked too. Does a VMware give u a new Mac? I used macmakeup to spoof a virtual machine but according to u it might not be necessary.

Yes, according to some other discussions I picked up on the web, theoretically they can see your Mac because of a JavaScript, active X exploit or something of that nature. But I'd bet it is just simple browser fingerprinting. Creating gmail accounts too quickly and they ask me for phone verification on the second try.
Old 05-16-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

That MAC "seeing" is still a persistent myth...browser fingerprinting exists though
Old 05-16-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Yes, I agree, I created 2 more accounts today using brand new VMware and it worked. New ip and new MAC address for router and laptop. The second account I did was for just the laptop MAC address, that worked too. Does a VMware give u a new Mac? I used macmakeup to spoof a virtual machine but according to u it might not be necessary.

Yes, according to some other discussions I picked up on the web, theoretically they can see your Mac because of a JavaScript, active X exploit or something of that nature. But I'd bet it is just simple browser fingerprinting. Creating gmail accounts too quickly and they ask me for phone verification on the second try.
To verify if my statement is true, about Mac being different on VMwares VS your actual computer, do this test on each of your VMware machines and your computer itself - https://www.imss.caltech.edu/node/578

All mac addresses should come out different. If true, you wont need to go the extra mile to further spoof it, its just wasting time.

As for discussions you've come across, let me just say, do VMware, and all your worries are out the window. Whether they do check Mac or they dont, VMware will have you covered, and you have one less thing to worry about.

Advice now though, read my thread: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...esolution.html

There are a lot of good advice there. You need to ensure your VMware machines are now different from one another to ensure they dont link.
Old 05-19-2016

Longevity: 65%

Why not simply create a new user account on your laptop, brand new one, and get a dedicated Fresh IP through VPN? It's the easiest setup. it works, you can run multiple accounts on different user accounts on the same machine, you never worry about any MAC IP addresses, browser fingerprinting, etc. etc. In my opinion it solves all your technical problems. Then all you have to worry about is not listing the same items as before for the first 1-3 months. Slow and steady. Don't even list in the same category as before. List something stupid that sells, cheap item that you don't even make money on, just an item that sells well and doesn't have any issues so you can get decent feedback.

If your account still goes down, the only possible culprits would be something to do with your account information provided - VCC used is compromised, address/bank information, EIN number, LLC and etc. If you created an LLC, get an EIN for it, get a bank account for it, and use the debit bank card as VCC you are pretty safe on that end. Really it's not that complicated, it's only about 7-8 factors involved, make a list and check items off the list.
Old 05-27-2016

Longevity: 64%

i just create a new user on my pc with new Dedicated IP and never had problem with making ghost amazon accounts.