Why do I keep failing the Amazon review process? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-18-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Why do I keep failing the Amazon review process?

Hello, I have created a successful stealth account before, but now whenever I make one about a week or two into it Amazon removes my selling privileges because I have failed the account review process? Any ideas why this is happening? No negative feedback, no claims, no chargebacks or anything on these new accounts. They are perfect accounts metric wise but Amazon is still removing my selling.

I use a Walmart Visa gift card to activate it, use a tracphone and a new IP.
I list authentic items, not counterfeit items.

Please help:/
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2012

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Is it the same computer because they track the MAC address of it and that is what is probaly catching you out.

Or have you put the same bank details down as previously used to be paid?

Both of these can fail you on review.
Old 02-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Hello, but wouldnt that simply link the account to another account? I use the same computer, however I am running on wifi, therefore there is no mac address used. Also, I do not enter the bank information until the account is secure, so there is no bank data on the accounts as of now.
Old 02-18-2012
Banned

Longevity: 85%

welcome to the forums willicks I think you need to read a copy of Amazon Ghost and it will help you solve your problems because being on wifi isn't cutting it good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to oge For This Useful Post:
gamingboy (03-02-2012)
Old 02-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Hello, I already have a copy of Amazon Ghost... what do you mean wifi isnt cutting it?
Old 02-18-2012

Longevity: 76%

Wifi is coming from a router

the router will be the same one as used before

if the router is yours you need to change the mac addy in the settings to another number unplug it and it should assign you a new ip
Old 02-18-2012
Threadstarter  

I know how a router works, I change the router every time I open a new account.

Therefore this router is a different one.

MAC address refers to the ethernet port on the computer as per Amazon Ghost states, correct?
Old 02-18-2012

i was under the impression you were assuming the wifi was giving you a new ip

the wifi your using will only give the ip of router

but if you are changing the ip of the router you should have no problems
Old 02-18-2012
Threadstarter  

The problem is after i make the account and successfully sell some products, the account gets reviewed and then it says i failed the review process for some reason..
Old 02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thered View Post
Wifi is coming from a router

the router will be the same one as used before

if the router is yours you need to change the mac addy in the settings to another number unplug it and it should assign you a new ip
technicall not true since the mac address is only ever transmitted to the next destination, so your pc's mac is transferred to the router, then the router transfers its own mac to the next router and so on and so on, the only constant in a tcp stream is the ip address.

afaik
Old 02-20-2012
Threadstarter  

Default ??

Do I need to get a new computer? Or since I have a new IP via WIFI and my computer is not connected via ethernet am I good?

Or is the mac address transferred to Amazon through wifi?
Old 02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlb View Post
technicall not true since the mac address is only ever transmitted to the next destination, so your pc's mac is transferred to the router, then the router transfers its own mac to the next router and so on and so on, the only constant in a tcp stream is the ip address.

afaik
sorry dont understand

to answer willicks

all i know that if i want to change my IP i need to go into my router and change its mac address

i then unplug the router and modem this gives me a new IP when it reboots

i make a note of the new mac address and when i want to go back to another account i change it again and uplug again and i get the IP address i had before normally

using wifi will only give you the same IP as you were using before unless you get your wifi from a different source than before
Old 02-20-2012
Threadstarter  

I use a completely different router everytime though
Old 02-20-2012

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Its nothing to do with the ip address, its all to do with the mac address of your lan card/ wireless card on the pc/laptop, read Amazon Ghost and it will tell you how to get around this situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
thered (02-21-2012)
Old 02-20-2012
Threadstarter  

I have read Amazon ghost, bought the book...

however, it does not say anything about using a wifi adapter to pick up the internet..
Old 02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Its nothing to do with the ip address, its all to do with the mac address of your lan card/ wireless card on the pc/laptop, read Amazon Ghost and it will tell you how to get around this situation.
is this the same for ebay then and paypal as i sometimes use wireless to access the accounts after i have chage the routers IP
Old 02-21-2012

Quote:
sorry dont understand
The only way Amazon or any internet site for that matter can tell what your PC mac address is by using javascript or some other sort of browser based code.

I think i misunderstood your initial post, i thought that you were saying that in order to stop Amazon linking your routers MAC address you were using multiple routers when in reality amazon will never be able to know your routers mac address unless you have a direct connection between your router and their servers (which is unlilely if you are using the internet as your TCP stream etc passes over multiple routers to reach theirs).

The bottom line for the OP is that you are going to all the hassle of changing your routers MAC (presumably to be able to receive a new ip) so good job their as that is something you need to do but if you are using the same PC or Laptop to use all these accounts then your shooting yourself in the foot because the MAC address for the laptop is always going to be the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vlb For This Useful Post:
alex068 (07-21-2012), thered (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlb View Post
The only way Amazon or any internet site for that matter can tell what your PC mac address is by using javascript or some other sort of browser based code.

I think i misunderstood your initial post, i thought that you were saying that in order to stop Amazon linking your routers MAC address you were using multiple routers when in reality amazon will never be able to know your routers mac address unless you have a direct connection between your router and their servers (which is unlilely if you are using the internet as your TCP stream etc passes over multiple routers to reach theirs).

The bottom line for the OP is that you are going to all the hassle of changing your routers MAC (presumably to be able to receive a new ip) so good job their as that is something you need to do but if you are using the same PC or Laptop to use all these accounts then your shooting yourself in the foot because the MAC address for the laptop is always going to be the same.
soo let me get this straight i change my ip everytime i log in and out of different accounts on ebay/paypal and use different windows user accounts on the same pc

and they still know im on the same pc???

i thought you just changed ip and browser/user account for ebay anyway i dont use amazon
Old 02-22-2012

Longevity: 77%
Default selling vero and selling too fast

that's one of the possible answers.

they may not even be reviewing the account itself. If just we represent a risk for them by selling vero and selling to fast, (2 items the first three days is too fast) then an automated email of failing review.

I am creating some accts and let them rest for a month or even more. Sell one item today and the next one seven days later.

Tthe failed review usually comes in less than 28 days so I will keep you guys posted.
Old 02-22-2012

Quote:
soo let me get this straight i change my ip everytime i log in and out of different accounts on ebay/paypal and use different windows user accounts on the same pc

and they still know im on the same pc???

i thought you just changed ip and browser/user account for ebay anyway i dont use amazon
If they check MAC addresses via browser plugin then yes they can see its the same pc, if they are only checking cookies etc then a different user account on the same pc will do fine as each user account has its own area to store the cookies and internet history of that user account.

I dont ever think that anyone has conclusivly proven that ebay, paypal or amazon do actually check the local MAC address, the easiest way to find out i guess is to disable javascript in your browser and try to login to amazon, if they bitch about it then there is a good chance they are using it to sniff your local MAC.
Old 02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero3001 View Post
that's one of the possible answers.

they may not even be reviewing the account itself. If just we represent a risk for them by selling vero and selling to fast, (2 items the first three days is too fast) then an automated email of failing review.

I am creating some accts and let them rest for a month or even more. Sell one item today and the next one seven days later.

Tthe failed review usually comes in less than 28 days so I will keep you guys posted.
i have failed reviews which were the bogus reviews on numerous accounts but passed reviews which wwere genuine reviews on a few too, it seems hit and miss some times, one thing is for sure though, if you want to pass a review regardless of what you are selling you need to have a balanced number of feedbacks, i dont know the ratio they work on but for amazon you NEED to chase up feedback.
Old 02-22-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

willicks, any luck with your predicament?